Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Meridian DVB-T Installation - COMPLETED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

looking really good Stu. awesome work that TBH puts Land Rover to shame for not allowing it as options on the FL2

Any further on with 4x4 info, im eager to see what info is available Very Happy

Post #328928 11th Aug 2017 8:07 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Well done mate Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony šŸŖ£šŸ’ŗā€™s

Post #328932 11th Aug 2017 8:55 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Very impressive. I would not have the patience anymore! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #328941 11th Aug 2017 10:36 am
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Vanny wrote:
I would have thought that the aerials are tuned to the frequency going through them. IE i suspect the 'Telestart' aerial wont give you very good DVB-T reception.
Quote:

Funny enought connecting only 1 of the 4 TV Ampliers to the Telestart aerial, effectively only 1 aerial gave me only 2 stations to select from and surprisingly good quality picture and sound, mind you this was stationary! Frankly I was surprised this worked at all!

Quote:
Might need some tinkering with or buying an after market magnetic roof aerial to live under the head liner which I've done before.

I've connected all the available amplifiers I currently have (3 with one more on the way) all connected to the rear array using all available connection points and whilst I'm getting good reception I'm still missing a few available stations, namely ABC & SBS Whistle Rolling Eyes
I'm now able to store stations with obviously the signal strength good enough with 3 of the 4 tuners connected.

The plan from here is to ditch the idea of using the rear array for 3 of the tuners as from my reading the rear demister will cause severe interference with digital signals and the fact I need another aerial for the remaining tuner and the Telestart aerial, whilst it works, is really not a good source.
So the plan is to source 4 aftermarket aerials and place 2 in the rear number and 2 in behind the rear D-pillars making for a completely invisible installation and by doing this I have 2 aerials in the vertical orientation and the remaining 2 in horizontal orientation. The 2 verticals is ideal orientation for digital DVB-t reception so I read.
This also a really easy installation as I can gain access through the rear taillights area for both the rear bumper and D-pillars.
 MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #329073 13th Aug 2017 4:40 am
Lightwater

Hopefully all these aerials work for your TV.

Mobiles: Not that I use my mobile often but again it has no network access in a central part of Sydney! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #329074 13th Aug 2017 5:16 am
Stuartc

RogB wrote:
looking really good Stu. awesome work that TBH puts Land Rover to shame for not allowing it as options on the FL2

Any further on with 4x4 info, im eager to see what info is available Very Happy

Thanks Rog, just got to tidy up the aerials and it's completed.

Quite simply Land Rover don't want owners of more expensive Range Rovers to know that the baby Land Rover of the fleet have exactly the same tech, hence certain features/options are reserved for more upmarket models. BTW the DVB-T module in my car came from a Range Rover L405! Whistle Plug and play......well except you have to connect and enable in CCF Laughing

4x4i.....quite simply just waiting for a MY13> test vehicle to show up at our Software guru's location. Unfortunately he's not even close by for either myself or Cambo. We know what to do but need to be able to offer a simple patch/option to allow for complete functionality. ATM there is a couple features not working. Looks great though...... MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #329075 13th Aug 2017 5:41 am
Stuartc

Lightwater wrote:
Hopefully all these aerials work for your TV.

Mobiles: Not that I use my mobile often but again it has no network access in a central part of Sydney!

There's 4 tuners so that's why it requires 4 aerials. Most lesser systems have only 2.
Maintaining a digital signal on the move is a challenging undertaking even in ideal situations so I'm not expecting perfection but I'm aiming for it. Whistle

I also forgot to mention that with no aerials connected and simply putting my finger in the end of the aerial pick up gave me a picture & sound so maybe I should just have an aligator clip at the end of each 4 amplifiers and clamp onto a certain part of me........but where to put the other 2 Whistle Thud MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #329076 13th Aug 2017 5:48 am
Stuartc

When I first started this project I believed the hardest part was going to be the aerials as the Freelander 2 doesn't have the aerial arrays present. Whilst there is aftermarket alternatives I decided to have a go myself and frankly have been blown away by the results with a total outlay of next to nil.
With only 2 of the 4 aerials connected (my 2 d-pillar aerials) I'm not only receiving all available HDD channels, including SBS & ABC but EPG information on the instrument pack display.

So it would appear my homemade aerials are pretty effective if not very attractive but as you will not see them I'm not really too worried about the cosmetic appearance rather their effectiveness.
The 2 D-pillar aerials will live behind the d-pillars held in place with 3m VHB double sided tape.

The two remaining aerials are in behind the bumper under each rear tail light where there is an abundance of space.

Just waiting on the delivery of the 4th and final TV Amplier and some 3m VHB tape and I can complete this project with the final fit of the d-pillar aerials (have already installed ones in bumper). So if everything turns up by the weekend this will be complete. MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #329673 22nd Aug 2017 7:23 am
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Quote:
So if everything turns up by the weekend this will be complete.

So, did you get it finished?

I, am failing. DVB-t and RSE modules are in. CCF changed with options available in HLDF, but when I select a digital TV source nothing happens! I suspect there is something wrong with the module or the CCF edit, and in the HLDF E Mode application list it is clearly not happy.

Click image to enlarge

I've the CK52-14F641-AF module which I think is what you've used, DVB-T only (not hybrid). Its clearly sat in the MOST happily and drawing current which is erm positive, but its not happy.

I'm also not convinced on quite how to wire it in, going by the Evoque 15MY wiring diagrams, it could be like either of the following, and neither make much sense!

Oh and something that wasn't obvious by email, the wiring harness I have is for the evoque and puts the module here;

Which could be rather taxing on the FL2 as the seat belt is right here!

Got any tips? Probably my last opportunity tomorrow for some considerable time.

Post #345296 18th Mar 2018 6:22 pm
Stuartc

Just having my first coffee of the morning so donā€™t know my name atm, will have a closer look as soon as the caffeine has kicked in Thumbs Up MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #345319 18th Mar 2018 11:21 pm
Lightwater

There is some space under the rear seat. The blue air line hose for my compressors has an outside diameter of 14mm. You might be able to see in there to see if there is enough space by lifting the flap of carpet under the seat.

Click image to enlarge
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Post #345321 19th Mar 2018 2:42 am
Stuartc

Ok, just read your post again and if you have the dvb-t 1 & 2 up on the FCDIM then CCF is correct but if you cannot get the next submenu then thereā€™s a problem with the module even if aerials are not connected you should get the preview screen which should say ā€œno channels availableā€.
When you have dvb-t and RSE modules only double brown fakra on RSE is used, 1 input from FCDIM (Green fakra) for CVBS for rear passengers and the other to brown on FCDIM for DVB-t CVBS FCDIM.
Make sure you have the correct plug positions for the double fakra, Iā€™ve included plug schematic below but if your using a prewired harness it should be correct, bit impossible to get colour fakraā€™s Mixed upā˜ŗļø

Wiring is a bit ā€œinterestingā€ only because depending on dvb-t or RSE or both it changes somewhat. Just remember that the Green LVDS transfers all data across to RSE when used together and CVBS is fed through to the front FCDIM via the double brown Fakra. Brown Fakra on dvb-t is not used as long as you have CCF set correctly for that configuration.
I suggest you set up the RSE without the dvb-t module and make appropriate changes in the CCF and if that works with RSE submenuā€™s then that will confirm dud dvb-t module.
I know your in a race to finish before new begins on Monday but I chose to mount the modules as close to the nearest access to the MOST ring which is in the rear and also provided the best protection of the fibre optic cables, as Iā€™ve mentioned thereā€™s plenty of room between rear seats and wheel arch on drivers side but youā€™d need the associated module carrier for that position and l359 is unlikely to have studs to bolt off to so youā€™d need to secure some how. Under the drivers seat was another option which I discarded for 2 reasons, 1. No easy access to MOST & 2. Wanted space for TIM and possible future location for IPMB. So my priority was MOST access/protection yours is urgency Laughing šŸ¤”
Because of your harness restriction Iā€™m thinking, for now, under driver seat and run a temporary MOST link from FCDIM Thumbs Up
EDIT
OH BTW, the second drawing is the correct way to wire up the DVB-t & RSE in your situation Thumbs Up
First drawing is incorect in that no LVDS is present as this is how the modules are wired up without the other present, ie Dvb-t only or RSE only.

Have you done a diagnosis for TV and RSE not working in SDD? That may point you in the right direction. MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #345322 19th Mar 2018 2:51 am
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Hmmm, looks like I have an AF level tuner (AD level hardware) and you have an AM level (AE he). I wonder if the module is just too old. It was very cheap.

I think for today I'll look to getting the RSE module fit, and await the delivery of the screen to see what if anything works.

Thanks for the pointers

Post #345323 19th Mar 2018 7:25 am
Stuartc

I think ā€œANā€ was the latest, I missed out on that one and went for the next most recent which was ā€œAMā€ Should be backwards compatible.
Did you do a Diagnosis? What was the outcome? MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #345326 19th Mar 2018 8:08 am
enzofl2

Italy 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Alaska White
Power connector for CK52-14F641-AM

Stuartc wrote:
Managed to complete what I couldn't last weekend and now the DVB-t/RSE stack is firmly secured in the rear of the car.
KVM and KVM sensor are in their new home below the module stack.
Started the wiring and DVB-T is now connected to the power/Gnd and the LVDS communication is connected between the DVB-t & RSE modules.
That's all I can do until I receive some more parts which should arrive this week.

Stuartc i miss the part number of the power connector of the CK52-14F641-AM module, it has 5 pins.
Can you help me please?

Post #371033 29th Apr 2019 12:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>