Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > How do the hiter work in extrime cold wheter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Print this entire topic · 
r.helgason

Iceland 
How do the hiter work in extrime cold wheter

Hi all i have one me TD4 disel car for a 7 moth and now is the winter here and -5 to - 20 how do the hiter work

i now on my old freelander then i nide to turn on the swits and whait for a few sec to 1 min and then start

and in my new freelander td4 its nothing ligt or somthink

Do somone now here are ok to just push the start and the car will do the rest Smile

Thanks to all Embarassed

Last edited by r.helgason on 23rd Nov 2008 5:19 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #31532 23rd Nov 2008 3:50 pm
Cupid Stunt

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Somone neds toe pust yer start putton mate Rolling Eyes

Post #31534 23rd Nov 2008 5:03 pm
Firestar

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I noticed today that there was a delay between pressing the START button and it turning over - just a few seconds, but then we're at +1 C here.

The handbook says

3. With the brake/clutch pedal depressed briefly press and release the start button. There
will be a brief delay whilst the glow plugs warm up, then the engine will crank automatically until it starts.

Post #31541 23rd Nov 2008 5:38 pm
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

Firestar wrote:
I noticed today that there was a delay between pressing the START button and it turning over - just a few seconds, but then we're at +1 C here.

The handbook says

3. With the brake/clutch pedal depressed briefly press and release the start button. There
will be a brief delay whilst the glow plugs warm up, then the engine will crank automatically until it starts.

Same happened with me today got me worried for a second though the battery was going to be flat. Smile Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #31542 23rd Nov 2008 6:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

The place where rhelgason is from sounds like CG laughing at a cow joke at one of his farmer's conventions....

Post #31549 23rd Nov 2008 7:48 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Cupid Stunt wrote:

Rolling Eyes Obviously english is not their first language, but at least he is making the effort to ask a question

Welcome r.helgason Thumbs Up

as said the car will pause when starting, this is when its heating up the glow plugs or what ever they are called before ignition

Yours might also have a fuel burning heater to warm the cabin air, which will kick in when the engine starts, but i am sure one of our other members from the colder parts will be able to say more on it......... Smile Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31550 23rd Nov 2008 7:50 pm
Cupid Stunt

ok I'm sorry. Just googled the name and seems genuine. Bow down Bow down Bow down

Post #31557 23rd Nov 2008 10:16 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

IP address is Reykjavik so its an expensive one if somebodys flew out just to post a question on the heaters Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31558 23rd Nov 2008 10:21 pm
Cupid Stunt

Yes, yes , my error - very sorry Bow down Bow down just seemed like a wind-up. He has got a very nice web page with a picture of his landy on it Embarassed

Post #31559 23rd Nov 2008 10:38 pm
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

If the diesel burning pre-heater is the same as the one on the RR Vogue, it has a seperate keyfob. You turn it on 10 mins before you get in the car with the fob, then get in and away you go.. your car will be defrosted. 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #31561 23rd Nov 2008 10:46 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

r.helgason – I shouldn’t take too much notice of the ribbing that goes on here – they are all big kids at heart although most of them have never spoken to a Scandinavian before and probably think Iceland is covered in ice the whole year round Shocked

The colder it gets the longer the delay is when starting your FL2. If it minus 10 and below there will be several seconds delay between pushing start and the engine turning over.
The heater works very well and by the time the front screen has defrosted (using the Defrost auto function if you have this fitted) there will be warm air coming through the heater - might need the seat warmer on for a couple of minutes but they do get rather too hot when turned on full. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #31573 24th Nov 2008 8:08 am
r.helgason

Iceland 

AndyC wrote:
r.helgason – I shouldn’t take too much notice of the ribbing that goes on here – they are all big kids at heart although most of them have never spoken to a Scandinavian before and probably think Iceland is covered in ice the whole year round Shocked

The colder it gets the longer the delay is when starting your FL2. If it minus 10 and below there will be several seconds delay between pushing start and the engine turning over.
The heater works very well and by the time the front screen has defrosted (using the Defrost auto function if you have this fitted) there will be warm air coming through the heater - might need the seat warmer on for a couple of minutes but they do get rather too hot when turned on full.

OK Thanks this is the anwser i vas looking for Very Happy

yes many do not now iceland i think that is good in this time Big Cry

thanks to all and have a nice day Very Happy

Post #31576 24th Nov 2008 9:29 am
r.helgason

Iceland 

npinks wrote:
Cupid Stunt wrote:

Rolling Eyes Obviously english is not their first language, but at least he is making the effort to ask a question

Welcome r.helgason Thumbs Up

as said the car will pause when starting, this is when its heating up the glow plugs or what ever they are called before ignition

Yours might also have a fuel burning heater to warm the cabin air, which will kick in when the engine starts, but i am sure one of our other members from the colder parts will be able to say more on it......... Smile

thanks for that i like this page very muts Smile

Post #31577 24th Nov 2008 9:35 am
r.helgason

Iceland 

Cupid Stunt wrote:
ok I'm sorry. Just googled the name and seems genuine. Bow down Bow down Bow down

hahahaha u are craze

Post #31578 24th Nov 2008 9:37 am
r.helgason

Iceland 

snappa wrote:
The place where rhelgason is from sounds like CG laughing at a cow joke at one of his farmer's conventions....

Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sorry about im from iceland sorry im just a Truck worker her with small sallery and work with security somtime to Sad only thinks that make me happy here in this boring land is my photograpy and my car and my famaly Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #31580 24th Nov 2008 9:48 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>