Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
car seat time

I'll need a 9mth+ car seat for Finn soon and we are considering one of these :-
http://www.bambinodirect.co.uk/details2.as...1Aod9GzMXQ

Not the cheapest around but its fully Isofix with a front leg for extra stability, Yet can also be used in non-Isofix cars.

Has anyone got one in their Fl2 and does it fit nicely?

Also it needs to fitable in :
Merc E class (newest type)
Toyota Yaris (newest type)
VW golf mk5

Any advice gratefully recieved Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #31028 14th Nov 2008 4:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i would go to Mothercare or were ever has one and try it in the actual car, to make sure it fits and to see wether you'll need a top tether

I think they do a fit finder on the maxi-cosy website which should say if it fits the other cars too.

I have a Maxi-Cosy Tobi, (Not isofix) which look similar and it fits the FL2 great as they have a high up seating position to look out the windows etc

As for the cost, when its can be isofixed or not it makes it more versitile and worth the extra, and when it come to kids safety money doesn't really play a factor.

Looks nice in Frisbee too Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31029 14th Nov 2008 4:20 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I'm need to upgrade my sons stage 1 to a stage 2, not many availible in isofix, has anybody got any suggestions on them too. Thanks for the link to the website above as the prices seem quite keen Thumbs Up

Thinking Recaro Monza Seatfix Microfibre 2008 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31030 14th Nov 2008 4:30 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Ignore my post asking for advice in stage 2 seats, just been to a site and bought one

www.twoleftfeet.co.uk they have a 10% discount on orders over £150 finishing today Whistle and got a good discount on it as it automatically gave a 10% recaro discount £125rrp reduced to £110 less discount £103 so i bought it anyway, hope it fits Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31031 14th Nov 2008 5:30 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

I've heard dreadful stories about twoleftfeet, cheap for a reason, their service is poor, items out of stock despite the site. Let us know how you get on.

Not really sure why you need isofix for group 1, as you are less likely to take the seat out, and seatbelt held seats are as good. But best advice is to try out the seat in the car with baby, check out reviews and then decide, no need to rush these important decisions. I'm personally going to look at the Bebeconfort Axiss - http://www.bebeconfort.com/collection-2008/UK/voiture_axiss.htm Phil

Post #31172 17th Nov 2008 12:09 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i'll let you know how i get on, paid by Credit card so i'll have that security

When they had the offer on, it automatically had a 10% discount applied even thought i hadn't spent £150

I rang them up to ask 1) if i spent over £150 would i get the extra discount 2) to speak to somebody at the company to clarify something on the seat

She was quite abrupt when she said i wouldn't get the extra discount, but she also sounded like she had had a hard day at work, she answered the questions and i said i will place my order.......[she perked up].........online

I hope she wasn't commission based, if so, she should have been nicer on the phone Laughing and the colour i choose was more expensive that the others, but it came through the checkout at the cheaper price Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31174 17th Nov 2008 12:25 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

CG I agree on the ISOFIX side, class 1 have there own seatbelts so the cars are always securing the seat, if installed correctly

If you are going to be giving Finn to gran & grandad and they have to fit in the seat themselves, go for the ISOFIX seat if there cars have the attachemnt bars, as they will be less chance of the seat been installed incorrectly.

My wifes autie & uncle have there own seat, and i have given them a word or two due to the slackness of the cars seat belt Evil or Very Mad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31175 17th Nov 2008 12:29 am
chicken george

We bought stuff from twoleft feet before .. no problems Thumbs Up though probably not a good place for buying shoes Confused
Isofix just seems so much more secure, our current seat has the isofix base with front leg and is rock solid. I do like the idea of that swivelling seat though. Plenty of time to decide yet, Ill choose one in a shop but buy it in January hopefully in sales. (using the cash back I have accrued on the farm credit card, thanks capital one for paying 4% cash back Thumbs Up ) At work
At home

Post #31176 17th Nov 2008 12:49 am
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Maxi Cosi Priorifix Which? Top of Best Buys in category
Other seats Best Buy from Which?
Britax Explora Isofix
Chicco Key1 Isofix
Britax Duo Plus ISOFIX (as featured in Land Rover Accessory Catalogue £279 or £138@ kiddicare.com) Rolling Eyes 

Post #31264 18th Nov 2008 4:29 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

well as you may have read i order my new car seat from www.TWOLEFTFEET.co.uk

Got a email (most likely automated) saying my order was been processed and that was that, still not received a car seat from them, even though it was in stock and i should have had it with 3-5days.

I have rang them and you get a message saying sales and aftersales are in completely different buildings and when you select aftersales it says due to a move, you need to email them.

Emails sent, faxes sent and letter sent witha stamp on it, none of which have been answered. I rang sales last week and she spoke to aftersales, but aftersales didn't phone me back as promised. rang the following day and was told they can't call aftersales, and they have to email them on the same email address i have to use Rolling Eyes

So one of them was lying to me, I sent them a letter by fax, post and email saying if i hadn't got a eta for delivery i was cancelling my order, and still they haven't bothered to contact me

I my opinion NEVER EVER use this company, some reviews i have since found are astonishly bad and my experience has confirmed them, if only i looked for the reviews before i ordered. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31612 24th Nov 2008 1:39 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

Sorry to hear about that...beats me how companies like that manage to carry on trading. They do have a showroom so I guess they just haven't sorted their online processes. Phil

Post #31775 25th Nov 2008 1:04 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

just a update on the saga

I still stand completely by what i have said, but I called them yesterday and said they had received a letter cancelling my order, and they had a fine i pass the message on, it will take 30 day and whose bothered attitude. Rolling Eyes

later i got a call from them, saying they had received my letter and the item was all ready to dispatch and they would do it next day delivery, anyway let them deliver it and it came earlier.

So as another review i read said, cancelling a order can do lots, and get things actioned. Laughing

ANYWAY ANYBODY GOT ANYMORE INFO ON THE SEAT CG's LOOKING AT Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31792 25th Nov 2008 4:50 pm
chicken george

Dont care anymore its gone too off topic, I'm taking my bat home Big Cry

I shall be driving to a shop I know in York where you drive indoors for a seat fitting,by an expert not a trainee Thumbs Up ..then buy it cheap on the net Rolling with laughter At work
At home

Post #31796 25th Nov 2008 5:02 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

thats what i did with my wifes seat Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31803 25th Nov 2008 5:22 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

npinks wrote:
thats what i did with my wifes seat Whistle

Is she tiny then? Rolling with laughter 

Post #31954 26th Nov 2008 9:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>