« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > terrain response ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
terrain response ?

does it mean the fl2 is better and more capable off road than the s model with out it.i have a s now and off road its v.good.thinking of a gs if i havent lost to much ££££. on my s 08 reg.would i see a difference with terrain respone ? Sheep

Post #30642 9th Nov 2008 7:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

The simple answer to your question must be yes - FL2 with Terrain Response is better and much more capable off road than without Thumbs Up

Yesterday I did a LR Experience and without Terrain Response we would not have got round the circuit, simple as that. Different settings were constantly used to illustrate the different capabilities of this fantastic invention. However for normal driving on asphalt and normal gravel roads you probably would not notice the difference with or without TR. Otherwise I have used the Snow and Ice setting in winter Norway both on snow covered normal roads and on snowy and icy mountain tracks and would recommend using TR in this setting if you drive often in such conditions. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #30646 9th Nov 2008 7:57 pm
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

You need the TR for Offroading, especially Sand. You change the setting to Sand and its a completly different ride. Works very well, shame it doesnt have Low range on the FL2

Dorko

Post #30664 10th Nov 2008 6:14 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Dorko wrote:
You need the TR for Offroading, especially Sand. You change the setting to Sand and its a completly different ride. Works very well, shame it doesnt have Low range on the FL2

Dorko

On Saturdays Experience, I tried the Sand setting in wet ice and snow conditions, which worked really well on a steep bumpy part of the circuit. Worked even better than the Snow function. Don’t think we would have got past this obstacle without TR Thumbs Up

However the FL2 would really benifit from Air Suspension Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #30667 10th Nov 2008 7:40 am
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

AndyC wrote:
Dorko wrote:

Dorko

On Saturdays Experience, I tried the Sand setting in wet ice and snow conditions, which worked really well on a steep bumpy part of the circuit. Worked even better than the Snow function. Don’t think we would have got past this obstacle without TR Thumbs Up

However the FL2 would really benifit from Air Suspension Thumbs Up

Air Suspensions... Dream! Smile

Dorko

Post #30671 10th Nov 2008 10:05 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

An FL2 with air suspension and a low box would be too close to an LR3, all we can do is dream about it. Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #30707 11th Nov 2008 2:05 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

agreed on the air suspension, I don't think they would be able to fit it in with the compressor and air storage tank etc

But it would be nice Very Happy

On Sunday, I did a little of Tong with the TR turned off, By mistake, for some reason it had turned itself off after restarting the car. Rolling Eyes

The HDC was still on, but the car went up and down with out any noticable difference compared to mud and ruts.

Saying that the TR does work very well Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30713 11th Nov 2008 10:50 am
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'd guess that unless you are spinning the wheels in mud etc. then it shouldn't make too much difference, the main one being the chance of spinning the wheels, with M&R the throttle response is a lot slower, so the chance of you slipping, and giving it too much welly, and spinning the wheels is reduced.

To be honest though, the FL1 was good offroad, and in mud etc. the TR just makes it a bit better.

Rich

Post #30726 11th Nov 2008 2:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1