Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > The green lobby has won. Tata to land rover!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
John L

United Kingdom 

We can only hope that the interest rate cut today may just kick start sales again, although it is not just cheaper finance we need its being able to get it at all.
Hope it works out for you and your colleagues.

Post #30548 6th Nov 2008 7:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

LrM

I think in todays climate, if you have a job, keep it, unless the payout is worth your while to leave, taking into account the family and food they'll need etc (obviously you know whats what there Thumbs Up )

You obviously have pride in your current job, and would like to see how things change at LR/Jag and see the LRX through to production.

Obviously if there is anything the forum can do i am sure we will Thumbs Up

Hope it works out well for you Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30550 6th Nov 2008 8:46 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
LrM

I think in todays climate, if you have a job, keep it, unless the payout is worth your while to leave, taking into account the family and food they'll need etc (obviously you know whats what there Thumbs Up )

You obviously have pride in your current job, and would like to see how things change at LR/Jag and see the LRX through to production.

Obviously if there is anything the forum can do i am sure we will Thumbs Up

Hope it works out well for you Very Happy

Maybe we could ALL order new FL2's to boost the LR sales Cool 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #30552 6th Nov 2008 10:08 pm
jojim65

Have a look at this link to the SMMT, download the October figures and you will notice LR are down 60% on this month alone, Others are even worse, Audi and BMW down 12% when we will it ever stop!

http://www.smmt.co.uk/articles/article.cfm?articleid=18330

Post #30553 6th Nov 2008 10:15 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

The problem is that when Tata bought LR and Jag they agreed a funding arrangement with Ford . that was before the financial meltdown started , now Ford is having trouble to secure their own funding and cash flows because no one is buying new cars so this puts huge pressure on Tata to be able to take over the business as was originally intended. My company has been supplying LR and Jag before and after Tata took over. All invoices still go to central accounts payable at Jaguar and are still subject to contracts agreed previosuly with Jaguar. Even stuff supplied to LR gets billed to Jaguar and until Tata is in a position to merge the businesses into their own systems they have to use Jag systems and Jag SAP accounting software and Ford money..... that was all part of the deal. Unfortunately the whole landscape has somewhat changed of late which makes it anyone's guess how this will unfold.

Post #30680 10th Nov 2008 2:00 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

its carnage out there. I've worked 1 week since the end of august and count myself very lucky to have just managed to get a new contract, albeit on 20% less than the last one. Even then, I normally start with 3-6 months and this one wouldn't commit to more than 6 weeks initially. Then again, I wouldn't swap with an estate agent!
It's a damn mess and all we can hope for is to simply survive. Nobody -aside from that criminally incompetent idiot brown, will get out unscathed.

Looking at the figures, yes its nasty for LR, but it looks worse than it is. Small drops in small volumes equal high percentages. The LR brand is one of the best, the product range still a world beater - if anything is selling, which it isn't. Remember that LRs are primarily private and small business sales which will slow more agressively than fleet sales, plus the construction industry and well all know what they're doing at the moment.. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #31125 15th Nov 2008 11:51 pm
AndyC

jules1967 wrote - I've worked 1 week since the end of august and count myself very lucky to have just managed to get a new contract....and....It's a damn mess and all we can hope for is to simply survive. Nobody -aside from that criminally incompetent idiot brown, will get out unscathed.

Sorry to hear about your employment problems and worse still that the current economic situation may inflict lasting damages on Land Rover Sad
Although it is pretty hopeless and unnecessary to discuss politics on this forum, I may just ask however, who it was that voted in the current PM Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #31132 16th Nov 2008 9:59 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Id make a great PM. 'vote CG' I promise I wont 'ban the van' in my first month of office At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #31133 16th Nov 2008 10:48 am
mike74

Perhaps Brown had some small print we didn't read! You could be onto something there. Laughing Laughing

Post #31151 16th Nov 2008 6:02 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Come to think of it a vote for me wouldn't be much worse for vaners than a vote for G.Brown, What with the current price of fuel and the hatred of any cars large enough to safely tow a van. Are you all going to have to trade your vans in for trailer tents? similarly are horse owners going to have to have shetland ponies instead? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #31154 16th Nov 2008 7:04 pm
Simon_CSK

It is not just Landrover that is hit.

This credit crunch has affected my business quite badly. I have had to halve my staff and relocate my office. i.e. I had to pay off my assistant and move my office back home.
But iot is a struggle I just hope that the government can sort out the mess made by the banks.

Post #31220 17th Nov 2008 8:16 pm
Steuart64

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black

Sorry to hear the news now official LR2Maker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7752430.stm

Hope you are not affected too badly and get something soon. 07 RRS Java Black

Ex - '56 FL2 SE TD4 manual, Narvik Black, Tinted Glass, Cool Blue LEDS Internal and puddle/wing mirror lights. Smoked side repeats. Genuine Imatation Walnut facia

Post #32053 27th Nov 2008 4:17 pm
AndyC

Steuart64 wrote:
Sorry to hear the news now official LR2Maker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7752430.stm

Hope you are not affected too badly and get something soon.

It says: About 850 agency workers are to lose their jobs at Jaguar Land Rover in the West Midlands and Warwickshire.

That is contracters - not permently employed personel, which is quite normal and to be expected when you work on a contract basis. It always happened like that in my contract working period in the UK as well, the best workers will find another job and the worst ones wont - thats life in the jungle and quite normal.
Good for LR to get their books in order Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #32064 27th Nov 2008 6:55 pm
Steuart64

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black

Contractor or staff - it doesnt matter, its still 850 families being affected.

Maybe you are now a cosseted staffy in a secure position AndyC?

I just hope not many more get the same announcement as the 850 but Gordon Brown's political plans, as opposed to an economic one, wont help!! 07 RRS Java Black

Ex - '56 FL2 SE TD4 manual, Narvik Black, Tinted Glass, Cool Blue LEDS Internal and puddle/wing mirror lights. Smoked side repeats. Genuine Imatation Walnut facia

Post #32066 27th Nov 2008 7:05 pm
AndyC

Steuart64 wrote:
Contractor or staff - it doesnt matter, its still 850 families being affected.

Maybe you are now a cosseted staffy in a secure position AndyC?

I just hope not many more get the same announcement as the 850 but Gordon Brown's political plans, as opposed to an economic one, wont help!!

Not at all, and very few jobs are secure these days Neutral Of course I feel sorry for anybody that loses their job and I hope nobody else has to go - it happened to me a couple of years ago Sad so I know how it feels Crying or Very sad BUT I am more concerned about Land Rover surviving this financial crisis than anything else cos that's where we have invested our hard earned cash Thumbs Up

As for Gordon Brown, you cant blame him Shocked - its you guys in the UK that voted him inn Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #32073 27th Nov 2008 9:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>