Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Charles Hurst Park Royal Best Dealer in the South
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ms Bumble Bee

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Charles Hurst Park Royal Best Dealer in the South

I don’t even know where to start.

I am utterly grateful to CHPR for their wonderful service.
James was an absolute godsend.
All it took was 1 email to him a week and a half ago and this weekend I collected my brand new Freelander 2 with no fuss!.

I am fussy, I like to know that what I am getting is the best and that if I have a problem it will be sorted. It’s the kind of courtesy and service I give my clients and it is the exact service that I received from James and the team at CHPR.

Customer service is second to none and all done with a smile.
I have been to many car dealerships over the last 6months trying to look for advice and help with buying my Freelander and the only feeling I got was that these dealers where more interested in selling units then the customer I was even told do by one of them!!!! at CHPR this is not the case

I was able to communicate with James every day, and every day I would get a detailed update, and progress of my car and also the in’s and out’s which was great and if I had any questions he would go through them with me 1 by 1 in detail.
The fact that I didn’t have to be on the phone all the time really helped and made things really easy, while I was working.

I’m pretty sure I tested James patients with being fussy and asking a LOT of questions and being very indecisive, but he took it all in his stride and was awesome, we even manage to have a few laughs along the way which was great as I found some dealers a bit stuffy and not that people orientated and very get the deal done only orientated.

Matthew was great talking me through all the car features in great detail which was great such a big help, he basically told me all I needed to know without me studying the manual from cover to cover, which I have done now anyway!...

Anderson was great too and explained all the cost option I have.

I have to say that this was the best buying experience ever and I am recommending them to everyone, as a female I have found buying a car can sometimes be intimidating and very male orientated or focused with such cars. But these guys didn’t make me feel silly for asking “girly” questions at all….. hence why I’ve had a huge smile on my face this weekend driving my Beautiful Betty around and I have to thank the team at very much for there great service and James for being also phenomenal.

As I said before and will say again.. I think they deserve the dealer of the year award… Thumbs Up Very Happy

Post #29986 27th Oct 2008 9:27 am
Lookers Park Royal

Thanks very much for the feedback Ms Bumble Bee, and may I say that it was a pleasure (and quite fun) to deal with you too. Glad to know that you are enjoying the new Freelander, which will, I'm sure, give you many miles of smiles!! Very Happy

Any questions then you know where we are Wink .

Thanks again...................... have fun!

James Thumbs Up

Post #30000 27th Oct 2008 1:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

James any chance you could arrange a seminar on how to deal with customers before during and after the sale of their land rover, at other land rover dealers so often bemoaned on this site?? Whistle

What with this recession/credit crunch etc a lot of crap dealers who have treated their customers badly will really be feeling it in the next year or so.

GOOD Very Happy

Post #30005 27th Oct 2008 4:24 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Its always nice to hear of good dealers/service Thumbs Up however I will not believe any of this until James gives me 25% discount Razz At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #30008 27th Oct 2008 4:31 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Methinks that Ms Bumblebee is a pretty young thing that wafted through Park Royal like a breath of fresh air, her perfume intoxicating the male staff with every step she took. so of course they were falling over themselves to give top notch customer service.

Apologies in advance if i have done you a disservice and she got the same service availale to all, just call me a suspicious old git ! 

Post #30016 27th Oct 2008 5:13 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Christian - Suspicious old git! Whistle We didn't get to meet until the day of collection on Saturday........ Laughing Laughing Everything was done via email, phone, fax and post until that point as Ms Bumble Bee is certainly a busy-bee! Thumbs Up

We treat everyone with the same level of customer care (well I'd like to think we do), which will hopefully stand us in good stead going forward. Thumbs Up

Snappa - You're spot on. At the moment there isn't huge differences in price from one dealer to another, therfore 'the customer' has other reasons to buy from one dealership as opposed to another. I think it is sometimes too easy for a 'seller' to take negotiating personally, which means that the fun and excitement of the transaction is lost. It is important to make every purchase as special and as painless as possible, after all it is one of the biggest financial commitments that anyone will make (me included)! Shocked

As for the seminar.................. I'd rather keep quiet and have the advantage over the competition, however Land Rover themselves do impress the importance of customer car and making the buying experience special.

Chicken George - You've set the bar pretty high there at 25%, however we could probably manage that on a set of Left Hand Drive rubber mats for a 1998 Defender 110. The front passenger mat is missing though!! Is that ok? Laughing

Thanks to all!

James Thumbs Up

Post #30017 27th Oct 2008 5:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ms Bumble Bee

chicken george wrote:
Its always nice to hear of good dealers/service Thumbs Up however I will not believe any of this until James gives me 25% discount Razz

HAhahahahaha... love it....

i actually walked in saw my car and hugged it...LOOOOOOOL...

the guys were awesome.

I don't know if they had sold to anyone as young as me before, but maybe because of that they did take care to make sure i was getting the right car.

It was great to finally meet James after all the emails ( over 100!), phone calls and faxes.
it was great though because i was so busy James was hard working away updating me which meant i didn't even have to call him to ask him to update me.

He was even patient when i missed my 1st appointment to meet him and Matthew and also had to work the Saturday i was ordering my car because something came up. Thumbs Up

They really did make my dream come true, all my hard work has paid of and i'm glade that they were part of it.
I honestly can say i don't think i will trust any other dealer with my car, which is why CHPR will always be my 1st port of cal Thumbs Up Very Happy

Post #30022 27th Oct 2008 8:33 pm
snappa

The thing is, we are all sensible people.
I know the dealer has to make money to survive, but I know that he has a margin to make the customer a bit happier than paying full price.
What I don't appreciate is the salesman looking at me like i have just asked if I could have his daughter for a viking weekend, and wringing his hands with despair when I ask the perfectly logical question of "what sort of deal can you do me?"
Programmes like Fifth Gear etc which tell the buyer how to behave when buying have maybe made life more difficult for salesmen but this is the world we live in.
Margins are tighter and customers demand more.
This is not a 5 grand Kia we are buying, it's a 20-30 odd grand motor, so dealers, "STOP TREATING US LIKE SCUM AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, NEXT TIME WE CHANGE CARS WE WILL NOT AVOID YOUR PLACE LIKE IT IS A LEPER SELLING USED INCONTINENCE PADS, WE MIGHT RETURN TO YOUR DEALERSHIP, BUY ANOTHER CAR THROUGH YOU, MAKE YOU MORE PROFIT, AND KEEP YOU ALL IN JOBS!!!!"
Whistle
And relax.....

And before you ask CG, yes I have had a beer or two Whistle

Post #30028 27th Oct 2008 9:29 pm
snappa

PS I will take those defender mats with the front passenger one missing, my missus won't allow me in the car anyway....

Post #30029 27th Oct 2008 9:31 pm
Ms Bumble Bee

snappa wrote:
The thing is, we are all sensible people.
I know the dealer has to make money to survive, but I know that he has a margin to make the customer a bit happier than paying full price.
What I don't appreciate is the salesman looking at me like i have just asked if I could have his daughter for a viking weekend, and wringing his hands with despair when I ask the perfectly logical question of "what sort of deal can you do me?"
Programmes like Fifth Gear etc which tell the buyer how to behave when buying have maybe made life more difficult for salesmen but this is the world we live in.
Margins are tighter and customers demand more.
This is not a 5 grand Kia we are buying, it's a 20-30 odd grand motor, so dealers, "STOP TREATING US LIKE SCUM AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, NEXT TIME WE CHANGE CARS WE WILL NOT AVOID YOUR PLACE LIKE IT IS A LEPER SELLING USED INCONTINENCE PADS, WE MIGHT RETURN TO YOUR DEALERSHIP, BUY ANOTHER CAR THROUGH YOU, MAKE YOU MORE PROFIT, AND KEEP YOU ALL IN JOBS!!!!"
Whistle
And relax.....

Snappa i agree with you..

To me customer service means more then selling units.

And real car dealers know this.

if you sell a car to some one and give them great customer service they will tell the world they will scream and shout about what a great deal they got and how great of a dealer you are making your friends think wow if he/she got great service and a brilliant car this dealer must be good ad they will go to them and their friends, friends, friends, friends.

Or if you do like other dealerships **cough Hunters cough** and tell people that you are only interested in selling units and talk to people's partners instead of the actual car buyers. you will never hear from that person again.

why would you buy a car from someone who doesn't care about you and your needs?!

If they don't care about you and your needs do you really think that they would even care about your car if it has issues after purchase.

this is exactly the reason why i avoid these people like the plague.. and even when i showed no interest what so every they are still calling me asking me........ hellllllloooooooo.... i haven't returned one of your calls. the answer to you question would be noooooooooooooooooo Rolling Eyes

Post #30032 27th Oct 2008 9:50 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

snappa wrote:

My dealer treats me well Thumbs Up maybe because I'm not a roaring drunk Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #30034 27th Oct 2008 10:11 pm
snappa

More likely he is afraid you will deposit 5 tons of steaming dung outside his forecourt like every other Censored off farmer does Very Happy

Post #30039 27th Oct 2008 11:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1