Home > Off Topic > ROAD ANGEL PROFESSIONAL CONNECTED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
ROAD ANGEL PROFESSIONAL CONNECTED

Just been reading about the ROAD ANGEL PROFESSIONAL CONNECTED

At £300 its expensive but it also updates its camera database automatically through the day by a GSM/GPRS sim card.

Anybody seen this one or have it Question is it worth the money Question

Quote:
Users of safety camera and blackspot alert devices have been crying out for a device they don’t have to plug into a computer to download data updates – and finally, it’s here!

The Road Angel Professional Connected is the world’s only dedicated safety camera and blackspot alert device that uses mobile phone GPRS/GSM technology in order to automatically and wirelessly download updates to safety camera and blackspot locations as you drive – there is never any need to plug it into a PC!

http://www.roadangel.co.uk/products/professional/connected.html Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #29714 22nd Oct 2008 11:20 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Depends. My mate has one because he has 9 points on his licence Shocked
You have to pay a fiver monthly subs too.
The only prob with his is it goes off with false readings when passing automatic doors on shops and stuff.

Also I have been in his car and with the sat nav, parking sensors, and road angel going off it sounds like the Millenium Falcon on full attack.

Still if you are 3 points away from a ban and your livelihood depends on your car then.......

Post #29719 23rd Oct 2008 5:39 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I know there is the laser attachment for this (i presume its in the box) and they do pick up stray signals.

I only have 3 point myself, but know that due to my heavy foot keep pondering on one of these.

Its quite expensive and for £5 per month isn't too bad, considering you have to subscribe to all the other models out there.

Its also quite big, compared to the Pogo alert, (some might say as big as a reversing camera screen Laughing )

Might hold on and see what others come onto the market in the near future

Maybe a Wi-Fi one that update everytime it comes in contact with my homehub Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #29730 23rd Oct 2008 10:07 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

For passive detection, the bit that is and will remain legal, then any of these systems are only as good as the source data.

I don't know much about road angel, what is it about their database that makes it better than say the one at pocketgps.com, or TomTom or Garmin etc..? The system to have would be the one with the greatest credibility, not that I know which that is.

Isn't the game on active detection about to change, in that the powers that be will be more active in seeking out these bits of kit that detect lasers? Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #29739 23rd Oct 2008 12:04 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Road Angel are supposed to be the leaders in database accuracy.

What i like about this one is you press a button on the remote control and it updates every body who is in the same area that PC Plod is waiting with his speed gun (mobile traps etc)

I know police publish the wereabouts of speed vans for the coming week, but does that count for cop cars who pull over on the side of a road and wait Question

The laser detector on this is able to be unplugged so if the laws change the unit can be kept.

The unit would need a external anntene too due to the heated windscreen, so i presume i could position the unit anywhere i like too

Well still pondering on it, might hang fire and see if it comes down in price Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #29745 23rd Oct 2008 1:59 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

I think the published list of camera positions applies only to the safety cameras.
Not only that but the list doesn't say which day/time they will be at a particular location, so it's next to useless. Plus I would probably forget anyway Whistle

Post #29746 23rd Oct 2008 2:18 pm
Transman

I share Snappa`s view, the only positive locations are those fixed camera sites. In Cumbria camera vans move about rapid, so if no one reports the new site, you wont know. And I wouldnt want to be reliant on other people reporting mobile locations. same with police using handheld cameras in lay bys.

The web site was a bit coy on laser ?

I use TOM TOM with monthly downloads.

Post #29750 23rd Oct 2008 3:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i presume the released locations of the safety camera, will be put on to the database for the whole week the location states they are goingto be there and its upto the driver to look out and the unit to warn at each end of the section of road

Just hope they don't say the location on the A1 somewhere between leeds and london Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #29753 23rd Oct 2008 3:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1