« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > iCarsoft i930 diagnostic tool are these any good
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Gapster

France 

Thanks!

Being as I'm a bit of a Dinisaur with car electronics maybe I should stick with a basic 'starter' reader. Icarsoft doesn't seem too expensive at around £100 Very Happy Only dead fish go with the flow

Post #307478 23rd Sep 2016 5:02 am
Luke-Br

Brazil 

Gapster,

I too have the Icarsoft and I am very happy with it. I have a small garage in brasil and needed a basic tool. I was also a beginner. Have o say Icarsoft is very easy to use and does te basic things. disadvantige,like said before...doesn't read subcodes,and personally I find it a disadvantage to it hasno option of printing the diagnostics.. The good thing on the other hand is that it is suitable for allLR (and Jaguar) models, there where the nanocom goes by lisence per model even though the nanocom is a bit more advanced.
My opinion...ood value for the money.

regards

Luke

Post #308047 29th Sep 2016 4:59 pm
Gapster

France 

Yes, thanks! I think it is perfect for someone who has never used a 'plug-in' diagnostic tool.

Haven't received mine yet but should be here by Monday - is there a standard procedure to lonk it up ti the F2? Only dead fish go with the flow

Post #308058 29th Sep 2016 7:00 pm
Furrolly

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

As far as I understand you plug it in port above accelerator and press start button with no brake so engine does not start. Not got mine but saw it being done.

Post #308071 29th Sep 2016 8:05 pm
Luke-Br

Brazil 

Just switch on the ignition (without starting the car) The Icarsoft switcheson automaticly and the rest shows itself
just a matter of browsing through the options.

Note at one moment you have the option to do a fuly automatic chackor a manually check (in wich you only select thse things you want to check). the fully automatic option may take a wile to complete

cheers

Post #308086 29th Sep 2016 10:43 pm
Gapster

France 

Used mine these past few days...

Can anyone advise if a poor earth lead is likely to give abs or hdc warning lights? I keep getting a 'rear right sensor' fault in the icarsoff and can't seem to solve it - maybe it is the hub ring Sad Only dead fish go with the flow

Post #308912 12th Oct 2016 6:39 pm
Furrolly

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Used mine now it's come. Told me glow plug A but I knew that from AA man. It did say module error on auto gearbox. Reset it ok but anyone know what that might be. It is auto and coming up for fluid change.

Post #308969 13th Oct 2016 1:26 pm
Sparkes

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

I've just purchased a Launch CRP129 Premium which I must say is brilliant. Decided to spend a little extra on the 129 compared to the 123 as it covered the families cars not just ours.

A 2007 LR Freelander 2 GS - factory tints, LR mud flaps, 2013 facelift)
Problems/solutions include: rear diff pinion replaced, stearing rack and pump replaced, alternator earth cable replaced (plus new alternator as misdiagnosed), throttle body replaced, MAP sensor replaced, secondary earth cable...
2002 MG TF 160 1.8i VVC - Gone
1998 MGF 1.8i VVC - Gone

Post #309635 25th Oct 2016 2:42 pm
Gapster

France 

Been using my icarsoft frequently these last few days whilst trying to solve a "Faulty wheel sensor" reading...

As I kept getting a change in diagnostic readings and onboard displays: faulty sensor, battery charge, special functions not avsilable, HDC not working. I decided to add a secondary earthing strap just as a precaution against future problems.

So far so good as I've been able to finally clear all error codes and everything works.

It has been mentioned before, and I would also advise, if you don't have a second earthing strap (battery to starter motor) it would be wise to fit one. Without a good earth it can 'confuse' the icarsoft diagnostics and make it harder to get a reliable reading and track down the problem. Only dead fish go with the flow

Post #309906 29th Oct 2016 6:02 pm
Svensk

Sweden 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Galway Green

I have a Freelander 2 2008 model. I wonder which of these diagnostic tools is best for my car.
the iCarsoft LR V2.0 which sales för around 136 british pounds on eBay or the Foxwell NT630 PRO OBD2, which costs around 2000 Swedish crowns.

I need it to diagnose en engine fault, in other words be able to read the fault codes which are registered in the ECU memory.

Post #402107 3rd Jan 2021 5:16 pm
SWalker

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Barolo Black

I have the foxwell NT530 - does a full scan with one button - free updates generates a PDF report, and can be updated for other car makes. its a good DIY tool if you ask me, if it doent do what the DIYer wants - the DIYer probably doent have the other tools for the job.
also look into SDD, it needs a laptop and a bit of magic Stewart
2007 Freelander 2 SE TD4
2007 A6 quattro 3.0 TDI Manual
1986 coupe quattro (kv) square wheels.
1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series

Post #402142 4th Jan 2021 11:00 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12