« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Part exchange prices.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Part exchange prices.

You would think that in these credit crunch times the dealers would be doing their best to shift some metal,but it seems not.I have just been offered £15000 for my 11 month old TD4 se auto 9000 miles(£30940 new) against a RRS at £28000.You would think these greedy b.......s would at least give you a decent part exchange price and just make most of their profit on the dearer car.The very same car as mine is advertised on the forecourt for £19000+.I wonder how many Land Rover dealers will survive the next 12 months? Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Post #30848 12th Nov 2008 12:24 pm
mike74

Tell me about it. Before I was looking at Freelanders I went to Audi to look at exchanging my existing Audi for a newer/different one. My 2 yr old 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition with 30K on the clock was £12K. I owed more on the finance of course.

Luckily i had a finance agreement where once you have paid half of the total 'credit' value, you can just give them a call and tell them to collect the car and the negative equity is their problem.. Good old consumer credit act with HP! So that is what I will do, as it does not affect your credit score, as it's your right!

The price for yours after 11 months is astonishing. If the timing was right I would have bitten your arm off for that price + some extra Wink

Mike

Post #30854 12th Nov 2008 1:07 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
part x prices.

tell me about it.love my fl2 s and want to go up 2 a gs/xs.had her 5 months now ,5500 miles,privace glass,chrome mirror caps and door handles,full spare wheel as extras and been offered £12800 ,on a 08 demo gs fl2 which is priced at £17000. price new in march 08 was £21150 for my s model,i bought it july for £17500 so was hapy back then Very Happy but 2 be offered £12800 now !!!!!!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad so im keeping it now and cannot afford to change/lose so much £ in a short space of time.

Post #30897 12th Nov 2008 9:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I think the problem is that because the dealers are selling fewer and fewer cars they have to make as much money out of the few customers they do get to cover their overheads. I read in the paper the other day that one manufacturer, cant remember who, only sold 14 brand new cars in a week throughout their entire dealer network!! And im not talking about Bentley or Aston Martin, is was somebody like Renault or Peugeot!

Post #30904 12th Nov 2008 9:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1