« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > trouble with fl 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
robbie37

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black
trouble with fl 2

have a fr2 for 5 weeks have had nothing but trouble with it since i bought it,being back in the garage 4 times already 1. windscreen leaking all over the dash and down ths support colum. 2. wont start sometimes and display screen is rolling, this has happened 3 times 3. grinding noise when you are reversing. what the hell have i just wasted 57,500 euros on. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Censored Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Big Cry

Post #1895 9th Mar 2007 1:00 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

No trouble at all with mine so far, if I were you I would be seriously considering rejecting the vehicle and demanding a replacement. That many faults so soon is totally unacceptable IMO.

Post #1896 9th Mar 2007 1:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robbie37

cotefarmboy

how long have you had yours. Big Cry Big Cry

Post #1898 9th Mar 2007 1:32 pm
captain_sugar

Czech Republic 
Re: trouble with fl 2

robbie37 wrote:
have a fr2 for 5 weeks have had nothing but trouble with it since i bought it,being back in the garage 4 times already 1. windscreen leaking all over the dash and down ths support colum. 2. wont start sometimes and display screen is rolling, this has happened 3 times 3. grinding noise when you are reversing. what the hell have i just wasted 57,500 euros on. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Censored Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Big Cry

57500 euros? you could have a very nice and big 185hp Volvo XC 90 for that money!

Post #1916 10th Mar 2007 10:53 am
robbie37

maybe where you are from

xc 90 in ireland is about 75,000 euro we still pay VRT on cars here rip off republic

Post #1917 10th Mar 2007 1:47 pm
ej

England 
Re: trouble with fl 2

robbie37 wrote:

Sorry to hear it I have had mine 7 weeks now and it's been perfect you are the first person to have had any real problem I agree you should get a replacement

Post #1919 10th Mar 2007 2:33 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Had mine 7 weeks, covered nearly 4000 miles now.

I'd had it one week when it suffered a hydraulic leak from the clutch, It was off the road a week for that to be fixed, also had a couple of electrical glitches but nothing that has stopped the car.

Post #1920 10th Mar 2007 3:51 pm
John-Boy

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Galway Green

Mine is two months old, 2500 miles - no trouble. Apart from the idiot neighbour who reversed his van into it and smashed the front number plate! Rolling Eyes

Post #1921 10th Mar 2007 6:55 pm
Scottie

Scotland 

had mines since launch day. No probs to report. Fiona

Post #1930 10th Mar 2007 10:27 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

You've been very quiet Fiona, glad to hear its going well. I guess it needs some sun now to look stunning! D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #1944 12th Mar 2007 10:11 am
stefdpo

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Quote:
robbie37 wrote:
have a fr2 for 5 weeks have had nothing but trouble with it since i bought it,being back in the garage 4 times already 1. windscreen leaking all over the dash and down ths support colum. 2. wont start sometimes and display screen is rolling, this has happened 3 times 3. grinding noise when you are reversing. what the hell have i just wasted 57,500 euros on.

Same than Robbie37, I have experienced few trouble with my Freelander2. In 2 occasions it didn't start and the display screen was rolling. I left the car, went outside for a cigarette and wait few minutes. The car suddenly closed itself and the problem cleared. It happened twice to me and Land Rover dealer told me they are waiting for a program patch... Question
I suspect a locking system problem like the computer didn't recognize the key and locked itself. I try now to be slow while I enter the key and start the car. Same for stopping it and removing the key, locking and opening the car. Since 2 weeks I do not have any problem....
Let's see in the next weeks what will happen!
Apart this problem, the car is great and I enjoy every minute I am driving it. 2300kms done so far Very Happy Anyone who experienced a shipwreck is worried in front of calm seas.

Post #1998 15th Mar 2007 8:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ledzep

Belgium 

See my other postings elsewhere regarding the creaks at both backsides of the car. There still there and I will turn the car back in with the dealer as soon as I have the time. They already had it for a day but could not locate the source. Anyone any tips ?

About 3700 miles now and the start button didn't function on numerous occasions, last time even the fuel meter didn't work and the yellow light was illuminated while driving with the tank full. Same solution as you guys, wait a few minutes and retry, until now, this has always worked but maybe one day....

I have the impression that if you leave the key in for too long after cutting off the motor, the problem occurs if you want to resart, but then again it also occurred when I got in to the car and tried to start it immediately...

This problem has to be fixed as soon as possible by Land Rover. My wife is getting very nervous..... Luckily we still have our other car just in case.

SE Diesel Stornaway Grey with Sat Nav (which works fine)

Post #2009 15th Mar 2007 9:08 pm
robbie37

Smile Smile have my fl2 back two days now fingers crossed everything is fine so far, must say if it would just not give me to much trouble it really will be a beauty. drives like a dream looks great has loads of extras phone system is great once you have a compatible phone, traction system is great fun off road hopefully i wont have to moan anymore Thumbs Up Mr. Green by the way happy st patricks day to everyone. see you at the next 1000km.

Post #2015 16th Mar 2007 1:37 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi there, just found the forum today after loads of electrical glitches with my HSE. Took delivery on 22 Jan and been back to dealer five times, off the road for about two weeks in total, they kept saying needs a patch download as early cars did not receive a full download at the factory, believe me - the patches dont work!!! Big Cry . I got stroppy with them last week and told them they can Censored have it back i want a replacement. Today they rang me and said "OK"!! They are due to call me tomorrow to see if it is to be a new factory order, or if there is a vehicle in UK stock already produced.... either way I'm well chuffed as the car is genearlly excellent.

PUSH FOR A REPLACEMENT YOU HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO IT!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #2369 11th Apr 2007 12:30 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1