Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > New owner 2007 FL2, Volvo sat nav disks?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Alpenostrand

Austria 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

@25tom, I use the disk from your link (which will be deleted soon by an admin), they work fine without any issues. Just go and purchase these, don't waste any money on Volvo or LR disks which are very old.

When LR decided not to deliver any upgrades for our old sat nav I went for these 3rd party disks which still deliver up-to-date maps.

Post #297899 2nd May 2016 9:24 am
25tom

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Barolo Black

@Alpenostrand thanks - I'll go with that.

Just out of curiosity - why will the admin delete the links - are we not meant to post links like that? I must have missed that in the guidance notes for the forum. Sorry if I broke the etiquette for the forum. Landrover Freelander 2, 2.2TD4-E manual XS. New to me at 113k miles, after 1 careful owner.

Post #297901 2nd May 2016 9:31 am
taztastic

England 

They are deleted as they are counterfeit and illegal. The promotion of illegal software or products is not something we condone on this forum.
By all means use the discs and support whatever nefarious activities they are financing, be it money laundering, terrorism or whatever, it would help though if you didn't put the links up, then we wouldn't have to pull them Thumbs Up

Post #297908 2nd May 2016 10:42 am
25tom

Well, I can see the logic of that, certainly. Thumbs Up

Actually, on a bit more digging, it looks like the landrover proper discs are not that out of date - it's still possible to get 2014-15 discs for the freelander, with annual updates still promised. As they are legal, current and not likely to do any harm to the system, I'll be ordering my next set from LR:
http://landrover.navigation.com/home/en_GB/LandRoverEMEA/GBP Landrover Freelander 2, 2.2TD4-E manual XS. New to me at 113k miles, after 1 careful owner.

Post #297913 2nd May 2016 10:58 am
MrPotatoHead

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Jahooli wrote:
OK, so there are sound http://www.volvopartshop.com/updated-sat-n...5314-p.asp but have no voice?

But the HDD RTI dont work in ours?
many thanks

Paul

What year FL2 do you have?

These discs only work on the pre-facelift models (MMM+) and as mentioned some people (me included) have issues with the Sat Nav voice not working. Later Freelander 2's use HDD sat Nav's.

Post #297952 2nd May 2016 8:53 pm
Alpenostrand

Austria 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

25tom wrote:
Well, I can see the logic of that, certainly. Thumbs Up

Actually, on a bit more digging, it looks like the landrover proper discs are not that out of date - it's still possible to get 2014-15 discs for the freelander, with annual updates still promised. As they are legal, current and not likely to do any harm to the system, I'll be ordering my next set from LR:
http://landrover.navigation.com/home/en_GB/LandRoverEMEA/GBP

Genuine LR disk for Eastern Europe where stopped making after 2012/2013. I live only 50km away from EE, so I need newer disks. Sorry LR, if you can't serve me I have to look for alternatives.

Post #297957 2nd May 2016 9:27 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

dunkley201 wrote:
. I have just purchased a 2014 set of genuine Volvo discs which should do the job for £22 delivered.

Bob

The new Volvo discs have just arrived. Sadly, they will NOT work in the Freelander. The Installation Guide advises that pre Nov 2010 systems will need a dealer software update. In addition, an activation code is required by submission of the Volvo VIN to Volvo. A bit of a bummer! Crying or Very sad (These are the Volvo HDD RTI disc set with dominoes pictured on the box) Denso p/n 104642-9550.

I will put them back on the 'bay....

Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #298000 3rd May 2016 11:14 am
Dartman the one

England 
Re: Finding out which maps I've currently got?

25tom wrote:

Also, am I right in thinking update options are:
New discs from LR, about £170 and several years out of date now, or
New discs from Volvo via eBay, about £25 and less out of date, but no voice guidance?

I don't even know if my satnav does DVDs or is it just CD's.... how do I find out?

Thanks, Tom

The discs from LR will not be out of date, they will be the latest update from Navteq, based on a yearly update so in effect could be a year behind a Garmin or other free quarterly update, these are also in real terms up to 2 years late depending on the reporting of new roads to Google maps who it appears to supply all mapping companies.
Whether there are any system updates after 2012 is doubtful, however I believe that LR need to maintain the system for 10 years from the cessation of production my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #298016 3rd May 2016 12:22 pm
25tom

Thanks - that's really helpful. Landrover Freelander 2, 2.2TD4-E manual XS. New to me at 113k miles, after 1 careful owner.

Post #298035 3rd May 2016 5:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12