« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Well it's gone!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
heyho

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
Well it's gone!

P/x'd my Freelander 2 for a 2 year old Ford Kuga Titanium X. High mileage (58k) but decent price. So now I have a hairdressers FL2 lol

Had it two weeks now - am I regretting the swap. Well for general 'tarmac' driving no and that is really all my driving and was for the 2.5 years I had the FL. It's got a modern dashboard with loads of extras - sunroof, heated seats etc etc. Just like my FL. Driving position is very comparable as well.

Fuel economy is at least 10mpg better - my Kuga is one with 'intelligent' AWD whatever that entails.

Took it on the Kettlewell to Middleham road - single track rising to over 1600 feet with snow still on the hills. Verdict - not bad, felt confident enough in it but did think (knew) the FL would have handled it better if I am honest. Probably down to gear ratios and torque. The Kuga may be comparable in terms of horse power but I think the torque is better on the FL. Yes the Kuga is far better off the mark but there is a bit of a flat spot around fifth gear.

Overall though I am pleased with it. Probably a good indication though was the locals cars in Middelham. For those who don't know it apart fro(m Richard III waz ere) it is home to several major horse training stables - and the car of choice in the market place was the FL2.

I would also nickname the Kuga the poor mans Evoque.

It shall be interesting to see how I get on.

Post #294707 26th Mar 2016 11:09 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

I think Ford made a mistake calling two of their cars, totally different styles, but gave them the same sounding name, Kuga and Cougar, when someone says they have a Kuga I always think about the Cougar which was a bit of a flop I think?

Post #294713 26th Mar 2016 11:37 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1