« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Bike rack - tow bar fitted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
qzx372

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Bike rack - tow bar fitted

Does anybody have a photo of the bike rack fitted to the tow bar. There is a photo in the accessories brochure but it isn't very clear.

Thanks.

Post #1821 4th Mar 2007 11:05 am
Netwisdom

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Don't know if it helps but I've recently fitted a MaxxRaxx 4 bike carrier to the LR fixed height towbar.

Very pleased with it - it seems very well made and extreamly solid - there is a photo of the towbar/mount in my gallery, i'll try and take a snap with the bike rack itself fitted as well sometime.

Post #4452 9th Jul 2007 6:16 pm
Joiner_8

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

Netwisdom wrote:
Don't know if it helps but I've recently fitted a MaxxRaxx 4 bike carrier to the LR fixed height towbar.

Very pleased with it - it seems very well made and extreamly solid - there is a photo of the towbar/mount in my gallery, i'll try and take a snap with the bike rack itself fitted as well sometime.

On another subject, Did you fit the roof rails yourself, if so were they hard to fit

Post #4514 12th Jul 2007 2:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Netwisdom

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Dealer fitted them for me, was their first time fitting FL2 roof rails and took them just over 3 hours but only charged me for 30mins labour.....see the roof rails thread in the Maint & Mods area.

Post #4521 12th Jul 2007 9:22 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Netwisdom,

I have the HSE which has the sunroof and I think the likiehood of L/R releasing roof bars for the sunroof model is going to be like finding rockinghorse Censored . I will need to go down the four bikes on a tow bar route I think. As and when I would appreciate a photo, if you remember, of the bike carrier fitted and being really cheeky one with the bikes on too. I'm really fed up cause I bought the thule clamps and aero cross bars when I had the FL1 but these are now redundant. We havent been able to use the bikes away from home for seven months now and we are getting really fed up with local views, not being able to take the bikes out to new sights; and I MUST have a bike rack by end of November without fail. Apparantly there is a drainage problem with the roof bar/ sunroof combination.

If anybody (stealer, Landrover, Thule whoever) has any update for us sunroof owners we would be gratfeul Banging Head Banging Head Big Cry Big Cry

Post #4935 28th Jul 2007 3:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1