Home > General > Load space
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gorjant

Macedonia 
Load space

Hi,

I am comparing the load space volume of the FL2 with some others. I noticed that the FL2 spec says it has 755 litres (when rear seats up). Is this just behind the rear seats or to the roof of the boot? I was wonering because some other cars in the class have much smaller (MB GLK 450 and Audi Q5 510 litres).

So how do they measure it?

Thanks!

Post #26015 22nd Aug 2008 3:08 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Not sure on that one but I would imagine it's to the roof.

My old VW had a massive boot and it was only 455 litres or something.

Post #26019 22nd Aug 2008 3:23 pm
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black
Re: Load space

gorjant wrote:
Hi,

I am comparing the load space volume of the FL2 with some others. I noticed that the FL2 spec says it has 755 litres (when rear seats up). Is this just behind the rear seats or to the roof of the boot? I was wonering because some other cars in the class have much smaller (MB GLK 450 and Audi Q5 510 litres).

So how do they measure it?

Thanks!

You're right, the 755 is to the roof so ignore that figure - it doesn't compare directly with the others. The actual figure you're after is 405 litres so it's smaller than the Merc and the Audi. Great car though. 08 Santorini Black HSE manual with DAB and privacy glass

Post #26197 26th Aug 2008 5:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

boot is a little on the small side, to use the full 755 you have to load the car upto the roof

Been pondering on getting a half height dog guard to secure the top half from falling on my sons head

I read sometime ago somebody had seen a retractable load space retainer that went to the roof

has anything else been found on this Question
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #26199 26th Aug 2008 5:58 pm
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

npinks wrote:
boot is a little on the small side, to use the full 755 you have to load the car upto the roof

Been pondering on getting a half height dog guard to secure the top half from falling on my sons head

I read sometime ago somebody had seen a retractable load space retainer that went to the roof

I had a retractable fabric 'criss cross' guard on my 3 series touring which I had up all the time to prevent stuff flying forward. The guard was built into the luggage cover. Trouble is you need attachments up the sides to clip it into. 08 Santorini Black HSE manual with DAB and privacy glass

Post #26209 26th Aug 2008 9:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

my brothers Volvo V50 has one, and now a really nice metal dog guard that folds down or up out of the way Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #26213 26th Aug 2008 9:22 pm
So Simple

edh wrote:
npinks wrote:

I had a retractable fabric 'criss cross' guard on my 3 series touring which I had up all the time to prevent stuff flying forward. The guard was built into the luggage cover. Trouble is you need attachments up the sides to clip it into.

I had the same on my A4 and don't laugh but I didnt even notice it was there until a month before I got rid of it!

Having just driven back from France with the back 'packed to the gunnels' it would have been useful for those last ditch bottles of wine from Majestic in Calais but my £1.20 spider strap did an admirable job!

Post #26214 26th Aug 2008 9:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1