« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Tailgate latch adjustment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
n4ewg

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Tailgate latch adjustment

Had a bit of a problem with my tailgate (boot lid to us Brits) which was making a noise as though it was only closed on one click. Sat in the boot and pushed on the locking mechanism whilst the lid was closed, as sure enough there was some movement in it causing a noise.

So, I adjusted the two rubber stops either side of the boot lid and greased the mechanism which cured the noise for a few days until the grease dried up. So, I have adjusted the lock striker at the bottom by taking off the piece of trim and slackening the two torque bolts to adjust.

Solved the problem but I think I may have pulled it in just a bit far. Wondered if one of you kind fellows could take a look at how your boot lid lines through with your rear light cluster lenses, just to give me some guidance on position.

Thanks very much.

Neil.

Post #39712 31st Mar 2009 1:09 pm
BigJC

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Hi Neil

Can't answer your question directly but we had a similar problem that the dealer first adjsuted the latch but after it re-occurred they replaced the complete latch. Didn't seem surrised that it had failed! In our case adjusting it seemd only to be a short term fix and an indicator that the latch was on it's way out. Might be worth saving your time and trying to get it fixed under warranty?

Jonathan

Post #39715 31st Mar 2009 1:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1