« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > what type of mileage can u expect on tyres.contin 215/75/16
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

lem_jpm wrote:
My FL2 came with Contis fitted, but whilst cleaning it yesterday noticed that the spare is actually a Wrangler!

I can't imagine that happening at the factory - I suspect it has been changed at some point. Most likely the tyres have been replaced at some point.
Ours is around 21k on Michelins and are starting to look a bit thin, I suspect I will be changing them in the next 4k or so or maybe earlier if the weather gets bad. I'm surprised that wranglers are doing so well. I had them on the cherokee and they rarely lasted a year - 6-8k but then that was all local shops and back stuff. Motorways and gentle driving can make a massive difference to tyre life. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #25829 18th Aug 2008 3:18 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

[quote="Gambba"]Gilfishman,

Was your car new or secondhand?

If secondhand how many miles has the car done, and did the dealer tell you that the tyres had only been replaced 3500 miles ago?

If new wouldn't you have seen that the tyres were worn and dirty...... Question[/quote]

It's a march 08 reg and shows 3,500 on the clock didnt realy notice at the time as they were painted with the shiney black tyer paint.It was bought from a land rover main dealer and had one pervious owner.

Post #25836 18th Aug 2008 4:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lem_jpm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Jules, I got the car brand new with less than 10 miles on the clock, so seriously hope that the tyres weren't changed.......

Post #25853 18th Aug 2008 10:37 pm
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Tyre mileage

It looks like the dealer has swapped your tyres for some worn items.I had the same problem when buying an ex demo Discovery a couple of years ago.I checked the car over and test drove and agreed to buy.The salesman then said it had to go through the workshop and have a valet.Luckily, before I handed over the cash, I checked the car again and noticed they had swopped over the wheels for some scratched ones, probably from the Land Rover Experience cars. Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Post #25963 21st Aug 2008 12:35 pm
lem_jpm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

So which are consider best value - Contis or Wranglers?
I will no doubt need to replace mine in another few thousand miles, so can either remain with Contis and an odd Wrangler as the spare, or switch to Wranglers and have a full set of the same!

Post #25977 21st Aug 2008 6:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12