Home > General > Typical!!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
youngie

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black
Typical!!!!!!

Chuffin b**locks!!!! Evil or Very Mad

not that im not happy with my purchase of my 07 zermatti silver gs all the way from kent but 3 days after i purchased it another kent dealer has a tambora flame with black leather ,2k less miles than mine and £350 cheaper than what i paid.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

i wanted tambora but couldnt find any in my price bracket so went with my second choice of zermatti.

some1 please tell me it was theres and they screwed the norks out of it and it was dropping to bits and im lucky i didnt end up getting that1 and the leather was all ripped and the sunroof was faulty and the heated front windscreen was playing up and the tyres were ball'd and it had a knocking noise coming from the front end and the exhaust was smoking badly.......................................................................please

oh well back to enjoying my new toy Very Happy like the murphy's as they say

youngie

Post #25541 12th Aug 2008 7:31 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I drove that Tambora one , it went like a bird - loads of extra too Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #25547 12th Aug 2008 7:51 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

youngie

I'll put you out of your misery.

I admit it, that Tambora model was mine, I thrashed it to within a inch of its death .... boy does that engine love 5k+ rpm !!, oh and the tyres, they just love cornering on the edge, problem was I kept hitting the kerb when they let go, I guess thats why the steering wheel was always about 60 degrees out in a straight line, oh and then there was our incontinent dog, hell we love her to bits bits but she would insist on crapping in the most unfortunate places, she just loved the car. Then there was the misfiling incident, I know LR said we should change a load of fuel system stuff but the lads in the back street garage reckoned I was OK with just draining the tank. Oh and did I mention the trailer we towed with it, I know the handbook says that 2000kgs is the limit, but actually it managed very well with our boat on the back, I know it was 3000kg but it really did manage very well, although there was always a strange smell when we had to maneuver on that steep slipway, and sometimes the brakes were kind of spongy after long downhill sections.

Hey but not withstanding all these 'little' problems I can thoroughly recommend the car if you're thinking of buying it ....

Was it going cheap, hey you missed a bargain Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #25548 12th Aug 2008 7:56 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

if it was a york dealer offering you a TF with black leather interior on a 07 plate and complementary rattle in the boot when the subwoofer is on higher than 5. (and a sign hidden in the boot for £22995 Rolling with laughter )

complete with a empty green petrol can in the rear footwells Confused

Then you missed out on the lovely sound of the i6 engine that meets the rev limiter in every gear in command mode and is averaging 16mpg at the moment

Sweet as Exclamation

Is 1/4 tank of fuel to 40miles about right for a petrol car Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #25551 12th Aug 2008 8:22 pm
youngie

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Model Freelander 2 2.2 TD4 GS
Body 5 Dr
Registration GD56BDX
Date 01/02/2007
Mileage 13000
Colour Tambora Flame
Interior Black
Material Leather
Transmission Manual
Fuel Diesel
Price £15,995

Electric glass sunroof
Heated front windscreen
Rear centre armrest

thats the spec and price!!!!

cheers avtur u cheered me up Very Happy

youngie

Post #25553 12th Aug 2008 10:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i can see why my courtesy car hasn't sold Rolling with laughter

tambora flame i6 SE for £21995 on a 07 plate Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #25554 12th Aug 2008 10:49 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
i can see why my courtesy car hasn't sold Rolling with laughter

tambora flame i6 SE for £21995 on a 07 plate Rolling with laughter

sounds like the dealer has been living in a news black out for the past few months ...

that car will be the first courtesy car to receive a long service award .... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #25590 13th Aug 2008 5:48 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

NP you really have to turn teh subwoofer setting all the way down otherwise the whole rear of the FL2 rattles and it is especially bad when standing outside the car.

However.....the Alpine system I personally think is great and is a world away from the Bose system in my porker, which is...how do I say....pants! Big Cry

The Harmon Kardon system in the 3-series is apparantly not great, especially when compared to the FL2, but the 3 does have neat little arms which push your seat belt forward automatically, making it easy to grab...now that is something I think every car should have! Thumbs Up Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #25654 15th Aug 2008 6:35 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Gambba wrote:
but the 3 does have neat little arms which push your seat belt forward automatically, making it easy to grab...now that is something I think every car should have! Thumbs Up

great feature for shrimps Cool At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #25668 15th Aug 2008 9:39 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1