« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > CD Stuck In Player
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JMMYM

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey
CD Stuck In Player

Put a CD (right way up) in player (single disc unit with TPI in XS) last night. Disc won't eject, play etc just making whirring sound as if disc isn't seated properly. Error message on LCD says 'CD1 Deck Error'. All other functions on stereo work OK. Anyone else had a similar problem and fixed it? Turning on/off not helped nor leaving overnight. Probably a stealer trip for a new unit but trying to avoid through lack of time.

Post #24884 29th Jul 2008 7:46 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Yes I've suffered exact same, you probalby don't want to know but this is what happened ...

CD stuck in player as you report, no end of switching on/off etc helped. Booked into stealer, to be told after a full day "the cd is stuck" we need to order you a new head unit. I think it took 2-3 weeks for the head unit to arrive, then back for another day for them to fit. To be fair no CD related problems since (but RDS on radio all **cked up - thats another story)

When the head unit was changed they were unable to retrieve the CD that was stuck, that will be returned at a later date ....

in my case 8 bloody months later Shocked

Freelander 2 a great car when it works, but boy do those stealers test your patience !!!

Post #24893 29th Jul 2008 11:38 am
lem_jpm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

So what were the CDs that go stuck in each of these machines - maybe there is a theme? Laughing

Post #25084 2nd Aug 2008 8:50 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'm OK I can come clean this one Thumbs Up

There's a double album by Elton John called "Here and There". Here - was recorded live in London, There - was recorded live in New York; if you like 'classic' Elton John this is great album. it was the "There" disc that was stuck in the machine.

BTW - on the "There" disc Elton John is joined on stage by John Lennon for three songs. This is the last recording of Lennon, he was shot about 2-3 weeks after that appearance.

May be because the CD player is such a new 'young' thing it just doesn't appreciate good music, though maybe its learning because the fault has not repeated !!!

Post #25099 2nd Aug 2008 12:41 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I know this is an old thread but I fitted a new battery and extra Earth lead today all went well but now getting the deck error message any thoughts please ? Was all ok before found a thread about it but it's in a foreign language.

Post #295044 30th Mar 2016 3:11 pm
SYFL2

Bit more I've been trying for ages to reset the windows and found that the rear ones are fine can hear a little click then they work correctly but not the front ones any help would be lovely thank you.

Post #295050 30th Mar 2016 4:20 pm
SYFL2

Shameless bump Thumbs Up

Post #295093 31st Mar 2016 7:15 am
SYFL2

Well after many hours messing about I came up with an idea,take stereo fuse out start car I left it a couple of minutes then put it back in,the deck read each disc in turn then started to play the first disc,when a disc was playing I was able to eject each one in turn don't know if I dare put them back in Shocked still no joy with the front windows but will try again tomorrow.

Post #295134 31st Mar 2016 3:43 pm
SYFL2

There doesn't seem to be any interest in this thread but I will finish it off in case it helps anyone in the future,windows are now sorted,it seems like the car is haunted the reset in the manual didn't work neither did the trick on here about repeating the procedure three time,this is what I can tell you,the Windows on the rear doors went up and down with one click after changing the battery the front ones went down with one click but not up,I found leaving the Windows up taking fob out for a short while then turning ignition on and holding switch up for a couple of seconds reset them,the sunroof worked correctly no reset needed and the stored stations on the radio were still as they were before the battery came off these shouldn't be like this I gather but like I said maybe it's haunted.

Post #295243 2nd Apr 2016 7:51 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Can't you burn a copy of the CD & if it gets stuffed it doesn't matter. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #295244 2nd Apr 2016 8:12 am
SYFL2

I had burnt all 6 cd's that were in it I didn't care about the discs the problem was the cd mechanism was trying to load discs without success and whirring and clattering about for a good 5 minutes after the car was started. It was very annoying you could hear it above the radio and road noise.

Post #295250 2nd Apr 2016 8:57 am
Assasinsareus

United Kingdom 

This fixed the problem for me.

Post #383840 4th Jan 2020 10:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1