« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander 2 XS vs HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
glynjones

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Thanks,
Would appreciate the model number. The fit your Garmin has is exactly what I'm after. I've seen the TomTom fits behind the cubby but was after something that looks fitted but can be easily removed.

Doesn't matter if your model is discontinued as I'm sure I can find one on eBay Laughing

Mine is a GS but as it's a 2012 model I have the bluetooth telephone but at the moment I run a 3.5mm audio cable from my iPhone to the aux socket on the centre console. Works though.

I use a Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button) stuck onto the dashboard to change tracks and works really well.

Post #265992 5th Jun 2015 10:29 am
glynjones

muddywheels wrote:
Thanks for all the input Bow down

Crapstone just offered £4k less for mine than webuyanycar and dealer with HSE so the Xs is no longer in the running Evil or Very Mad

When I had my GS I fitted a garmin nuvi in the cubby for Bluetooth phone and music through radio and have to say it was better than LR sat nav Embarassed

Easy solution is to take your trade elsewhere. I've done that before, offered a crap trade in, walked went somewhere else and got the deal I want.

When I traded my BMW in for my current Freelander 2 I was offered the same price as everywhere else so it looks like the dealership is trying to pull as fast one.

Post #265994 5th Jun 2015 10:35 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

To be honest Muddy, I reckon you are going to miss the RRS and all its toys, so the HSE spec will be the better option anyway. Just my opinion for what its worth Whistle

As for trade in, my local LR dealer wouldnt offer on mine as he knew I was just browsing but said they would most likely match or better any offer from webuyanycar.
I valued mine on their website last week, then got an email to renew the valuation which I did and it had gone down by £300, in 6 days !

I then valued a FL2 that had been on the LR Forecourt at £19,900 (reduced from £22k) and it came back as just over £15k, meaning LR were originally looking at a profit of £7k on a 4 year old FL2 HSE !!

I was truly shocked even if the figures werent 100% accurate Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post #265995 5th Jun 2015 10:35 am
muddywheels

England 

I had a garmin nuvi 760 which my son still uses and knocks socks off my 2013 RRS system Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #265996 5th Jun 2015 10:36 am
glynjones

RogB wrote:
To be honest Muddy, I reckon you are going to miss the RRS and all its toys, so the HSE spec will be the better option anyway. Just my opinion for what its worth Whistle

As for trade in, my local LR dealer wouldnt offer on mine as he knew I was just browsing but said they would most likely match or better any offer from webuyanycar.
I valued mine on their website last week, then got an email to renew the valuation which I did and it had gone down by £300, in 6 days !

I then valued a FL2 that had been on the LR Forecourt at £19,900 (reduced from £22k) and it came back as just over £15k, meaning LR were originally looking at a profit of £7k on a 4 year old FL2 HSE !!

I was truly shocked even if the figures werent 100% accurate Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thing is as Land Rover no longer make the Freelander they can't get enough of them. It's supply and demand.

Post #265997 5th Jun 2015 10:37 am
muddywheels

England 

Using price guides on web I reckon I'm being offered £2k less for mine and they're asking £2k more for theirs than I expected - so £4k bonus for stealer Confused

Going 2-3 years older with twice the miles from a RRS to a FL2 is not making financial sense now. At this rate I may have to rethink things Sad

They don't make my rrsport anymore but doesn't seem to matter Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #266003 5th Jun 2015 10:47 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Glynjones - ive sent you a PM and put pics in my gallery to avoid hijacking this thread further.

Muddy - I hope you resolve your problem, the RRS black is such an expensive, unique model that only a handful of people will the same taste and the money to buy it, where as the FL2 is more affordable for a lot more people and so easier for the dealer to shift on.
If your not in a hurry to sell then just keep going round the dealers with FL2 that interest you and stay patient until the right deal comes along.

Post #266009 5th Jun 2015 11:14 am
muddywheels

England 

Cheers RogB Bow down

Looks like I will lose too much changing now so will have to keep it a bit longer and sort mortgage somehow. I was planning to buy a Disco Sport next anyway with the ingenium engine so will keep mine until ready to do that I think👍 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #266029 5th Jun 2015 12:51 pm
valleyforge

England 

I changed my 06 RRS for a new XS last year - only thing I miss are electric seats and armrests. Its all leather with cold climate pack, removeable towbar etc. (extras of course) and should have got an HSE which has those & a glass roof. Oh yes & an auto dimming mirror - really missed that for a few weeks ! Compensated for by having a hugely inflated bank balance & prospect of minimal - by comparison- running costs. FL2 Ex D2, D3, RRS, etc. now all gone.

Post #266054 5th Jun 2015 3:34 pm
muddywheels

England 

I was hoping for the inflated bank account and minimal running costs but not looking likely Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #266057 5th Jun 2015 4:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12