Home > My Freelander 2 > Freelander 2 '13 SE Mauritius blue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nick the greek

Greece 
Freelander 2 '13 SE Mauritius blue

Finally put my money where my mouth is.

After dreaming for 2 years, lurking on freel2.com for 6 months and searching for a further 3 months, here is my latest commission!

Found in Hamburg, Germany at a super friendly and helpful LR dealer (speaks great English). Will be picking up and driving to Calais on Wednesday - if I can get export plates in time (which should be same day).

It'll be registered on UK plates and then driven to Greece for the summer. Excuse to have a bit of a driving holiday, I don't get out much!

Mauritius blue with beige interior and a sun roof which is rare as hen's teeth in Germany as there's a lot of silver, black and white examples with black or grey interior. A lot of basic models on the market, too.

It's got 38k on the clock, was owned by a retired shipping broker who toured Europe with his Caravan hence high (motorway) mileage . But I did all the checks researched on this forum and the car's a credit to his diligence.
It's got wranglers front and continentals on the back with about 5mm depth. Sadly no spare... not even a can of gunk. A bit miffed there's the NAV and bluetooth buttons on the center console, but not fitted.

Anyways, more soon if anyone's interested in following the saga.

Wouldn't have been able to do it without the amazing help on this forum, so a big thank you for being there.
Will post further pickies as and when and anyone who needs to source/import an LHD vehicle, just PM me and I'll be more than happy to share my experiences. 2013 SE TD4 in Mauritius Blue [Written off]

Post #263175 8th May 2015 11:15 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

What's that shadow under the car ? Oh I expect it's the sun shining, I had forgotten what it looks like here in the UK. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #263195 9th May 2015 9:57 am
nick the greek

Greece 

If it's any consolation, if you zoom in you can see a reflection of clouds on the bonnet. Laughing 2013 SE TD4 in Mauritius Blue [Written off]

Post #263274 10th May 2015 11:04 am
marcone72

Italy 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Mauritius Blue

Wow had to go downstairs and check if my 2013 SE Mauritius Blue was in the box…
…what to say, glad to know other Mauritius Free are wandering across Europe, just like my one did even last summer in Languedoc Roussillon, visiting the Cathar fortresses.

great purchase, whenever coming to Greece, I'll let you know for a "family picture"!!

Click image to enlarge

Post #263590 12th May 2015 9:13 pm
nick the greek

Greece 

haha! For sure Marcone! It would be a pleasure!! PM me when you start planning your trip!

By the way, google 'nafplio' - this is one great Venetian fortresses. It's close to where we spend our summers on the Peloponnese...

Nick 2013 SE TD4 in Mauritius Blue [Written off]

Post #263594 12th May 2015 9:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1