« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > LRE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
LRE

While on holiday in Germany I traded my birthday present for a full LRE level one day and never regretted it. It was amazing. I was sort of lucky as there was none else on the premises that day and had all the ground to myself and all the LR. Until I did not experience it I did not imagine what the LR can do. Actually they climbed quite easily in places I would have had problems climbing on foot.
Most of the driving I did in a Defender and it was I think the most fun of all LR but the Disco is, I think the best of them. The RRV just seems too big.
The FL2 can do a lot but a is the lowest of all so have to be extra carefull.
What a day it was FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #24244 14th Jul 2008 1:20 pm
Matei

The FL2 that I drove there was a new HSE A/T with 190 Km on the odometer and showed a fuel average of 34 l/100 Km Surprised Probably used only for off-road on the premisses FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #24263 14th Jul 2008 3:08 pm
Matei

I got to try every LR

except the Bugatti

FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #24299 15th Jul 2008 12:51 pm
gorjant

Macedonia 

We also here in Macedonia don't have LRE trainging...

Do the guys from LRE Germany speak English Smile ? If they do, I might consider it...if going to Gernmany that is. Also, what was the price for a full LRE day?

Post #24303 15th Jul 2008 1:23 pm
Matei

gorjant wrote:
We also here in Macedonia don't have LRE trainging...

Do the guys from LRE Germany speak English Smile ? If they do, I might consider it...if going to Gernmany that is. Also, what was the price for a full LRE day?

They did use some english words but asI am quite confortable with german I did not ask.
The training was from 10.00 to 16.00 and cost me 360 Eur as it was a week day. Over weekend I think the price is 390 Eur. This price is for a single driver and an instructor. If there is more than one the price goes down dramatically but the driving time as well. Ameal, a diploma and a fantastic experience are included.
This is a link where you can find your nearest LRE
http://www.landroverexperience.com/int/en/Experience/Home.htm

I think that in Austria there is a place where you can do the experience with your own car and an instructor for abt 190 Eur but I would not recomend if you do not have some expirience in off-roading.
If you can go for it and you will not regret it a bit Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #24308 15th Jul 2008 3:39 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

So you have a diploma in LR driving Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #24309 15th Jul 2008 3:41 pm
Matei

chicken george wrote:
So you have a diploma in LR driving Thumbs Up

Yes they give you an international level 1 off-road diploma. With this you can make level 2 which is certainly more challanging as it involves winches aso. evel 1 was all right and it included some interesting driving such as decents of 110 % , driving on simulated ice (metal tubes that make you loose traction in an instant, wadding (easyer stuff thought),and traverse slopes at an angle that made me grip the wheel in order not to fall over the instructor.
This was great to see what the LRcan do on real ruff terriain and I ot also some technical explanations to understand why a Defender is better than a Mercedes G or a Disco 3 is ages beyond a Tuareg. They had to pull out some fuses from the Defender to replicate loss of traction over ice. If you ever have access at a promotion or want to forfait you birthday ( and father's day present) I would surely recomend. Thumbs Up Very Happy Very Happy FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #24315 15th Jul 2008 4:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1