« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > rearview mirror falling off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
rearview mirror falling off

Incredible. Just as was leaving from a marvelous LR Experience day the rearview mirror just fall off. Not completely on the floor but was hanging around tied to a cable that I take is the one that changes the color of the mirror by night (the other cable that was comming from the autowiper sensor could be unclipped). So I had to go for abt 100 Km with the mirror dangling around untill I got at the cottage were we where on holidays. The next day I called the dealer in Aachen (who did fit the front/rear lamp guards and bumper styling cover) and he was very helpfull and told me to come and see them and they'll fix it. They did fix it easy enough as it seems that for some reason a metal hook broke and the entire piece that holds the mirror broke.
Fixing just took abt 30 minutes so no big deal but I the first time I wanted to get to them to fix it I landed in a huge traffic jam and it took me over three hours to get off the motorway so I had to go the next day.
The dealer told me they have not experienced this problem before and that if the other part that holds the mirror (the one on the windshield) would have broken than it would have meant a new windshield.
Before this happened there was a sort of noise from the box that holds the reaview mirror banging in the windshield but I ignored it as I thought that it could wait till the first service in February. No such luck. But things tend to happen when one is on holidays. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #24239 14th Jul 2008 12:48 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i had my rearview mirror replaced due to it vibrating

They told me if that didn't cure it, it would have meant having the windshield replaced as that part is embeded/glued the the screen. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #24242 14th Jul 2008 1:11 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Wish I had made some photos but was too upset first and then I sort of put the mirror back with some tape and it seemed stupid to undo to make photos as I thought that when I got to the dealers I would make some photos at least with my mobile. As things go my mobile broke (refused to be charged) so I did not do any photos but the mobile not working was not such a bad thing after all.
Anyway it looked quite awfull to have a premium off-roader with the mirror dagling around and even worse with the mirror put in place with black tape. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #24265 14th Jul 2008 3:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1