Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > iPhone (4s) Connection/volume Problems!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
landygeezer

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black
iPhone (4s) Connection/volume Problems!

I have a slightly odd connection problem to the telephone system, every time the battery is disconnected for servicing or repair needs, my cars Bluetooth system loses its sound!
On switching on the ignition the phone automatically pairs up and it shows "iphone" on the display. When I then make a call it displays "dialling" and cuts the radio out automatically - all normal so far!! However there is no audible dialling tone through the cars speakers and as soon as the phone call is answered no voice either - I can only hear the recipient faintly through the telephone and they have problems hearing me.
I can then "end" the call through the cars system as normal. The system appears to be connected and working (I can even use my contact list to dial through the car system) but no volume? I have checked the volume, mute and hold settings are correct on the cars system but to no avail, it still doesn't work properly.
I seem to remember that the phones volume controls also have to be set correctly too for the system to work so I have ensured they are all up to maximum - as far as I can tell.
Has anyone else had the same problem or similar and can point me in the right direction - its driving me Censored mad! 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE in Sumatra Black. 38,000 miles. Have put on 19" Evoque Style 4 Sparkle Silver wheels with 35 x 55 Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres. Added fog light surrounds, stainless tailgate protectors and high level spoiler. New leather seat covers and chrome door handle covers; Dipped trim with dark wood effect; Re trimmed steering wheel to match seats (black with red stitching); Updated rear light units: Black painted front grill and rear door handle/light unit.

Post #260249 12th Apr 2015 11:16 am
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

If I understand you correctly if you can hear the person when they answere on the phone Itself and not through the audio then the phone is not paired correctly. I would suggest you repeat the pairing procedure. I have the Merridian system so I'm not familiar with the 07 models audio. I've disconnected the battery once and the pairing was retained. Otherwise it could be a Bluetooth issue. I'd try pairing procedure again and eliminate that step.
BTW love your leather seats Bow down any chance of some better pics please! Very Happy

Post #260270 12th Apr 2015 2:16 pm
landygeezer

Thanks, I will try again to pair up and see if it improves but I have already had a couple of goes with no success so far - maybe it takes a few goes!
I will try to put some more photos up, as I have some new ones of the rear lights upgrade and the new running lights I had installed on Friday. 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE in Sumatra Black. 38,000 miles. Have put on 19" Evoque Style 4 Sparkle Silver wheels with 35 x 55 Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres. Added fog light surrounds, stainless tailgate protectors and high level spoiler. New leather seat covers and chrome door handle covers; Dipped trim with dark wood effect; Re trimmed steering wheel to match seats (black with red stitching); Updated rear light units: Black painted front grill and rear door handle/light unit.

Post #260340 12th Apr 2015 11:51 pm
Stuartc

Thxs mate Thumbs Up
Again I'm not familiar with the 07 model audio but on the MY15 you have a choice of either pairing the phone to the car or car to phone to maybe try both ways and see if that cures it!

Post #260342 13th Apr 2015 7:46 am
landygeezer

Finally managed to get my phone connected!!!! Turned off my blue tooth connection on the phone and turned the phone off completely. I then went into the cars system and removed my iphone from the list of connected phones - basically cleared all the systems.
I then asked the car system to connect and it started to search so I turned on my iphone and made it 'open' to searching by Blue Tooth and 'Hey Presto' the connection was made and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
I think the systems are just temperamental and need patience - obviously something I'm short of! 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE in Sumatra Black. 38,000 miles. Have put on 19" Evoque Style 4 Sparkle Silver wheels with 35 x 55 Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres. Added fog light surrounds, stainless tailgate protectors and high level spoiler. New leather seat covers and chrome door handle covers; Dipped trim with dark wood effect; Re trimmed steering wheel to match seats (black with red stitching); Updated rear light units: Black painted front grill and rear door handle/light unit.

Post #260394 13th Apr 2015 6:23 pm
Stuartc

Thumbs Up Very Happy

Post #260438 14th Apr 2015 4:34 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1