Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Where did you buy yours??? Feedback... good or bad?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
tamboradave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tambora Flame
Where did you buy yours??? Feedback... good or bad?

Hi everyone, I placed an order for my new FL2 a couple of weeks ago now.

I chose Hartwell Land Rover in Oxford... even though I live in Cheltenham. The Oxford dealership seam good enough so far... anyone else had dealings with them?

I've gone for: Tambora Flame GS + Winter Pack.

Delivery is 30th March.... can't wait.

Regards,

David

PS. Didn't order from Stratstone in Cheltenham, as they were simply dreadful. Customer service was shocking.

Post #1659 15th Feb 2007 8:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chrispayne1958

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Just got delivery of my FL2 from Rocar moores Huddersfield as they could get me the car I wanted in less than 2 weeks (Stormoway Grey XS). Very pleased with the service so far and well looked after by the garage.

Post #2333 8th Apr 2007 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Mine was from Marshalls Bedford, great sales team, none pushy, none slimy, none of the "suits you Sir!", just good old honest banter (and a better price than Stratstone Newport Pagnell (Milton Keynes) who first of all tried pushing me into there demo which I told them I didn't want to start with!!)

Marshalls after care could be much better, girls on the desk are lovely, but feed back from mechanics and service manager not good in my experience. Have told both the service manger and the dealer 'principle' my views, lets see if their promise to improve realises itself........ Confused Whistle

Post #2554 20th Apr 2007 4:40 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Harwoods Pulborough, David Marsh is our sales guy and our 4th car we've bought from him with great service. D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #2557 20th Apr 2007 4:56 pm
radney1303

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Stratstone at Milton Keynes very good so far, last car came from Marshalls, great sales team but awful service dept, especially service manager!

Post #4185 30th Jun 2007 11:49 am
colby

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Got mine from Marshalls Bedford. Very happy with the buying experience - will have to wait and see about servicing!

Post #4350 5th Jul 2007 9:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Armstrong Massey, York

Listened to what I wanted, gave test drives in all model XS, SE, HSE and a D3 SE, so I could decide as I was looking for a tow car. And not just a quick run around the block, I had it on my own with the wife and kid on some of them.

Very polite, not pushy, let me decide on the model, giving their opinion, then hack the deal out on the chosen car.

I opted for a low mileage ex demo FL2 SE, due to it's size been more suitable for when the wife drive home from the pub, and would still tow the caravan easy.

Service department are good when its had to go in, mainly standard things like software and the obligatory rear brake light leak.

Post #4356 5th Jul 2007 9:24 pm
John L

United Kingdom 

I can't speak highly enough of Barretts down at Canterbury, where mine came from. Sales staff took time to listen to what I wanted and why, they were so pleasant to deal with and not at all pushy. On the agreed delivery date the car was there ready, no problems end of story. Handover was very thorough and the presentation was superb. You can also tell that they are geniune LR enthusiasts as they have restored to road going condition a 1948 series 1, and they proudly show it in the showroom alongside all the new motors.
Keep up the good service and I will be back there come changeover time.

Post #4466 10th Jul 2007 6:04 pm
Pheasantplucker57

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black

Got mine today from Taggarts, Glasgow. Great service so far, a bottle of champagne and some Land Rover air freshners included. Very Happy Freelander 2 GS Auto black + privacy glass
Mercedes E220 CDI

Post #6392 8th Sep 2007 8:24 pm
lrlr2

Germany 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Nazca Sand

champagne Exclamation

Post #6554 11th Sep 2007 6:58 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Probably sparkling water, you know the Scotts are too tight to give Champagne!! Rolling with laughter

Post #6564 11th Sep 2007 8:56 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Guy Salmon, Stockport ..... don't bother, there are plenty of other dealers in the area.

Sales team, crap, service trying to make up for it.

After pre-sales / sales problems ended up in conversation with the dealer principle. Told him I knew I was buying the 2nd least expensive car in the range and the service I got from sales team made me feel like I was bottom of the pile.

This dealer ship is under staffed, they can't even answer a simple telephone call ..... really .. don't bother

Post #6582 11th Sep 2007 10:08 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
dealers

Got my FL2 from Caffyns in Lewes, W. Sussex. Sales team excellent in every respect! Thumbs Up

I can also strongly recommend the service team at Harwoods in Pulborough, West Sussex, who I have used for over 10 yrs. 5 star service, and always a free car valet thrown in! Thumbs Up
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #6590 11th Sep 2007 11:52 pm
Steve H

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

avtur wrote:
Guy Salmon, Stockport ..... don't bother, there are plenty of other dealers in the area.

Sales team, crap, service trying to make up for it.

After pre-sales / sales problems ended up in conversation with the dealer principle. Told him I knew I was buying the 2nd least expensive car in the range and the service I got from sales team made me feel like I was bottom of the pile.

This dealer ship is under staffed, they can't even answer a simple telephone call ..... really .. don't bother

My experience with Guy Salmon Stockport was fine although I did have to wait around for a sales guy the first time I went in. Otherwise fine so far.
Of other dealers in the area I found Williams (Landrover) Manchester pathetic, the sales guy I ended up with couldn't be bothered to put me a deal together (hence the trip to Stockport).
I not some folk complaining about Stratstone dealerships. Their poor customer service was a major reason (other than a desire for a Landrover obviously!) for a complete change of marque from Volvo. Stratstone being the only dealer in the area (3 seperate sites). D3 GS Java Black TDV6 Manual

Post #6611 12th Sep 2007 12:51 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Stratstone seem to have the highest number of LR dealerships in the UK Exclamation

If you trace all of these dealers back, they all seem to end up at a few major companies anyway (Pendragon, Synter etc).

Post #6614 12th Sep 2007 1:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>