Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > FL2 2007 Parrot CK3100L Bluetooth fitted with ext. speaker
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Digger76

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
FL2 2007 Parrot CK3100L Bluetooth fitted with ext. speaker

Hot on the heels of my dismal failure to get the satnav voice back after updating the dvd, I decided to install the Parrot CK3100L to cheer me up.
This Freelander has a bluetooth module fitted as standard but my phone is not on the compatibility list, therefore it will never work.
Fitting a Parrot into a car with a Premium audio system (power amp in boot) involves lots of expensive adapters and a whole lot of hassle fitting them, so after sqeezing some technical info out of Parrot Support, I realised it could be fitted to any car by using an external speaker.
Fitted a 4" 20W 4ohm driver into the centre dash vacant hole, wired it (in mono bridged mode) between both outputs of Parrot blue box, connected a fixed 12v from socket at back of console and a switched 12v from ciggy socket at front. Blue box is perfect fit behind satnav and Parrot controller is stuck to dash on right of steering wheel.
I do have to turn down the radio volume manually when a call comes in, but so what! It's a long way to the boot and that's probably where the mute input is.

The Parrot website is not user friendly in that there is no archive for products and no technical info without asking questions.
Having said that, the product is excellent, simple to use, with clear audio and just loud enough at full volume set on the controller.

Must get back to the satnav problem ........ I miss her commanding voice telling me what to do, it's so sad.

Post #257575 20th Mar 2015 6:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1