Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 v Audi
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Woman Driver

FL2 v Audi

Is it me or is there a high percentage of people on this site who have swapped Audi's for FL2? Shocked Rolling Eyes

What is the reason? Question Question Exclamation Idea Sheep Sheep Sheep

Mine (A3 2.0T FSI Sport DSG) is still in the Land Rover compound looking lonely and unused. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Yawn

I never thought I would swap her - until

I had a test drive in the FL2
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Bow down Bow down

Anyone missing their Audi Question Question Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

Post #23889 7th Jul 2008 10:25 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

It does seem to be true, and has been observed before. I guess Audi ownership is a stepping stone toward Fl2 ownership, or maybe we are badge snobs Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #23892 7th Jul 2008 11:19 pm
peteoheat

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I don't miss my last Audi (MY 04 Audi A6 2.0 TDI SE) but the wife does. The car before that was a MY 99 A6 2.8 Quattro Sport. Now that car I still miss.

Personally I wouldn't say anything against Audi's and would have another in the future. But I'm also a previous TVR owner and would have another of them in the future also. Want to learn about unreliability? Buy a TVR.

Post #23907 8th Jul 2008 7:46 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I think there is just as many BMW owners that have swapped for a LR2 as well Thumbs Up - maybe we should have a poll to see how many have swapped from what Question Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #23908 8th Jul 2008 8:06 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i think i am on my own when i say a came to LR from a KIA Sportage Embarassed

So i can whole heartly say i am no badge snob Laughing

It was black too, learnt my lesson there NEVER again Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23914 8th Jul 2008 9:19 am
nikolas_cy

Cyprus 

The true competitor for the FL2 is the Q5 which will go on sale at the end of this year.
Perhaps we could compare these two models which technically belong in the same group.

Personally regarding looks and off road capabilities the FL2 in my opinion is superior.
Regarding the interior however I must admit that it appears that the Q5 is better (more high tech and design).
The optional panoramic sunroof is also a great feature. You can easily find pics on their websites.

I must admit I have been tempted to go for the Q5 but in the end I think I'll go for a tested and tried model such as the FL2 with a more straight cut line and sacrifice the interior goodies that the q5 has to offer. Thumbs Up

Post #23915 8th Jul 2008 9:19 am
AndyC

I don’t think the FL2 has got any real competitors just at the moment Thumbs Up
The Q5 is really in a class of its own - not a real vehicle for going off road with Wink
The X3 is out of date by comparison although still popular so it seems, and the replacement is a year or so away yet.
The closest I can see to the FL2 must be the new MB GLK 220 CDI (considering price that is) with more expensive versions also available. I have not seen much comparison between this and the FL2 yet, but I guess it will come.
I for one are very glad of my choice and so far the FL2 is the best of the bunch - but I wonder what the X3 replacement will be like when it is time for a new drive Confused 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #23916 8th Jul 2008 9:42 am
Woman Driver

Was your A3 Black CG? Rolling Eyes Exclamation Exclamation

NPinks. I am afraid you need to type smaller. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Laughing

Who would swap a TVR? I am afraid I would have to stop at that. Nearly test drove one once.
I have driven a Ferrari and my other car is a Porsche (Silver) Rolling Eyes Very Happy and a Citroen C1 - ok CG it is Black!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #23973 9th Jul 2008 10:37 pm
Woman Driver

I find goodies on the FL2 actually work. My auto windscreen wipers on my Audi never worked in 3 years despite several attempts to correct this. The only thing I seem to miss is a clock. I can have as the screen saver on the sat nav but follow directions and I seem to be without a clock. I am still finding my way around yet.

I have not missed the BOSE either. (another label!) The sound from the FL2 is quite impressive.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #23974 9th Jul 2008 10:44 pm
Woman Driver

Its great to be a gas guzzling badge snob and be a woman driver

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #23975 9th Jul 2008 10:46 pm
AndyC

Woman Driver wrote:
Its great to be a gas guzzling badge snob and be a woman driver

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Glad you didnt add "blond" to that sentance as well Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #23991 10th Jul 2008 6:56 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I think there are very good reasons for the change from brands like BMW and Audi over to LR. My feeling is that most of it comes in the fact that we all wanted 4x4's but didn't want a boat or the prices of said boats are too high, but we also wanted a premium feel vehicle that would compare with the BMW and Audi's of the world......what are you left with? A FL2.

Seriously what other premium brand and quality compact 4x4's are there out there other than the FL2?

The quality and feel of the LR is fantastic and is superior to my A3, but that is also to do with the trim level. Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #24003 10th Jul 2008 9:19 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Gambba wrote:

Seriously what other premium brand and quality compact 4x4's are there out there other than the FL2?

KIA Sportage Laughing

I might buy the wife one, she keeps on about how she liked driving it, but doesn't drive the FL2 much (which is a good thing Very Happy ) Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #24005 10th Jul 2008 9:36 am
phil_wkl

Australia 

What about Lexus RX? Phil

Post #24006 10th Jul 2008 9:36 am
tunaz100

United Kingdom 

Couldn't agree more I switched from my Audi A4 avant as I wanted the same quality but wanted a 4x4 rather than an estate specifically due to my bad back! I looked at the X3 but not a patch on the FL2 to drive, the Tiguan was not sopecial enough for the price, the Merc ML/Touareg/RRS all guzzle too much fuel and all the magazines recommended the FL2 so as Gambba said FL2 is the only option....!!

As for badge snobbery I also looked at a Sante Fe but drive and quality was awful in comparison and there's no competition in the pub "what do you drive" stakes Hyundai or Land Rover?

My mate drove mine at the weekend and declared it the "best car I have ever driven" which given he has a nice 3 series and he uses his bosses Q7 regularly was a big statement!

Post #24008 10th Jul 2008 9:39 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>