Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Need help on ordering new Freelander 2
White is the new black they say...Would you change your black FL2 for a white one today?
Yeah! I'll go with the flow!
70%
 70%  [7]
No way! I'd rather wash it and keep pimpin!
30%
 30%  [3]
Total Votes: 10

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
nikolas_cy

Cyprus 
Need help on ordering new Freelander 2

Dear all,

I have been silently following the forum posts for almost a year and have been an admirer of the new freelander 2 for even longer. I congratulate all of you on the very helpful and enjoyable humurous community you have set up. I have found lots of useful information on freel2.com!

I will be ordering my freelander some time next month but I am having some trouble in deciding with what model to go with...

The freelander Base Prices here in Cyprus are XS - EUR42.500
SE - EUR45.900
HSE - EUR 49.300

I have no use of a navigation system here in Cyprus since they currently don't work here and even if they did are not so much of use due to the island's small size. Sunroof -hmmm, would be ok but I don't know whether I would use it very much given the smouldering heat (plus I hear some are problematic).

Here are the dream specs of my freelander 2 which I am planning to order:

Freelander XS 2.2 EUR 42.500
Automatic Gearbox EUR 2.050
Sports Styling Pack EUR 3.290 (I really like the look of the grill and bumper + i am not much of
an offroader!)
Alloy wheels 18" EUR 598
Leather Seat Upgrade EUR 1.110
Pro Logic 7.1 Surr system EUR 1.479 (non-negotiable, I like my music crystal clear and fairly loud!) can
anyone vouch for this system? is it worth it you think? I am pretty
happy with my wife's harmon kardon system on her BMW 1er... Is
this Alpine or HK...Will someone at last tell us??? Embarassed
Audio connectivity moduleEUR 512 (does this include usb inlet where I can insert a usb stick with mp3s?)
Privacy Glass EUR 430

TOTAL EUR 51.969 or approximately UKŁ41.000

Yes, I know! Cars are a bit more expensive here in sunny Cyprus. Big Cry Importing from the UK is out of the question since when customs and excise duties are added , the price matches the local dealers.

Basically, I have traded the SATNAV and sunroof (HSE spec) for the sports styling pack. What do you think?

I am going for the Santorini Black with Alpaca Leather. I wanted to ask whether you know if the car headlining can be in black... I think it will look better to contrast the alpaca leather...

Please let me know what you guys think...Thanks!" Thumbs Up

Post #23420 2nd Jul 2008 3:29 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I think what your looking at looks fine

Though i don't think the 7.1 radio (UK HSE) is any better than the normal Apline one in the UK SE from what i have heard.

Have you looked in to imports as a RRSport member is looking at the Range Rover 5.0L when its released and buying it here to send back. (might be down to the different specs though)

apart from that if your happy with the price and the car go for it, you'll be happy with it
Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23421 2nd Jul 2008 3:46 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

I can't vote in the poll as mine is the best colour already, GREY Thumbs Up

But, I do admit that a black one in the showroom under the spotlights does look very nice, just a b Censored r to keep clean in the real world.

I Certainly would never buy a white one Exclamation

Post #23429 2nd Jul 2008 5:59 pm
Bartosz

Poland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Sumatra Black

and maybe better, instead Sports Styling Pack ordered sunroof, as the Sports Styling Pack, you can always mount later?
I did so personally and, of course, would choose the color white Bow down _________________________
2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S auto Sumatra black, 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, 6 CD Changer, wood effect fascia kit , spoiler , sport grille ,tungsten handles , bluetooth kit, clear side repeaters,front and rear lamp guards, bumper styling cover, roof rails - SOLD ! Sad

Post #23430 2nd Jul 2008 6:13 pm
nikolas_cy

Cyprus 

Speaking of white...does anyone have a picture of a white FL2 with the sports styling pack.

I haven't come across any...

Post #23434 2nd Jul 2008 6:50 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Need help on ordering new Freelander 2

nikolas_cy wrote:
Dear all,

I have been silently following the forum posts for almost a year and have been an admirer of the new freelander 2 for even longer. I congratulate all of you on the very helpful and enjoyable humurous community you have set up. I have found lots of useful information on freel2.com!

I will be ordering my freelander some time next month but I am having some trouble in deciding with what model to go with...

The freelander Base Prices here in Cyprus are XS - EUR42.500
SE - EUR45.900
HSE - EUR 49.300

I have no use of a navigation system here in Cyprus since they currently don't work here and even if they did are not so much of use due to the island's small size. Sunroof -hmmm, would be ok but I don't know whether I would use it very much given the smouldering heat (plus I hear some are problematic).

Here are the dream specs of my freelander 2 which I am planning to order:

Freelander XS 2.2 EUR 42.500
Automatic Gearbox EUR 2.050
Sports Styling Pack EUR 3.290 (I really like the look of the grill and bumper + i am not much of
an offroader!)
Alloy wheels 18" EUR 598
Leather Seat Upgrade EUR 1.110
Pro Logic 7.1 Surr system EUR 1.479 (non-negotiable, I like my music crystal clear and fairly loud!) can
anyone vouch for this system? is it worth it you think? I am pretty
happy with my wife's harmon kardon system on her BMW 1er... Is
this Alpine or HK...Will someone at last tell us??? Embarassed
Audio connectivity moduleEUR 512 (does this include usb inlet where I can insert a usb stick with mp3s?)
Privacy Glass EUR 430

TOTAL EUR 51.969 or approximately UKŁ41.000

Yes, I know! Cars are a bit more expensive here in sunny Cyprus. Big Cry Importing from the UK is out of the question since when customs and excise duties are added , the price matches the local dealers.

Basically, I have traded the SATNAV and sunroof (HSE spec) for the sports styling pack. What do you think?

I am going for the Santorini Black with Alpaca Leather. I wanted to ask whether you know if the car headlining can be in black... I think it will look better to contrast the alpaca leather...

Please let me know what you guys think...Thanks!" Thumbs Up

Sounds an excellent specification Thumbs Up . If I would add just one thing for your choice that would be the 19" Chrome Shadow finish (that is if they are not included in that spec) Very Happy . They look really nice with sports styling. Personally I wouldnt want a car without a sunroof, but understand fully you dont need one in Cyprus Thumbs Up .
However I would suggest you concider real the benifits of choosing white - keep cooler in Cyprus, Modern colour, easy to keep clean - Look in Daves Gallery for example https://www.freel2.com/gallery/displayimag...&pos=0

Black on the other hand will be hotter in the coupe and always looking dirty/dusty. Tis rather a common colour as well Rolling Eyes 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #23436 2nd Jul 2008 7:01 pm
Dave

Quote:
Look in Daves Gallery

That would be GSYDAVE's gallery...........not mine Cool

Post #23441 2nd Jul 2008 7:59 pm
AndyC

Dave wrote:
Quote:
Look in Daves Gallery

That would be GSYDAVE's gallery...........not mine Cool

Yes sorry dave Bow down - its just that GSYDAVE calls his gallery Dave's Album so I boobed a bit when I wrote the message Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #23442 2nd Jul 2008 8:05 pm
Dave

No need for apologies AndyC, I'm a very forgiving person Thumbs Up

By the way, I've just let your tyres down Laughing

Post #23444 2nd Jul 2008 8:18 pm
AndyC

Dave wrote:
No need for apologies AndyC, I'm a very forgiving person Thumbs Up

By the way, I've just let your tyres down Laughing

You must have long arms then Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #23447 2nd Jul 2008 8:39 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

short arms, long pockets At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #23448 2nd Jul 2008 8:43 pm
nikolas_cy

Cyprus 

Thanks for your feedback all.

GSYDAVE, is your car the HSE + Dynamic Pack or HSE + Sports Styling bodykit?? I would like to see a white FL2 with the sports styling pack especially from the front (I like the grill).

AndyC, I also love the 19" chrome wheels but they are a bit expensive EUR2.709 Vs EUR598 and the dealer said that even though they are good looking they will comprimise comfort and smooth ride (streets in Cyprus are not the smoothest Rolling Eyes )

Any ideas on the issue of the premium Ice Alpine system...Is it an alpine or Harmon Kardon after all???
Any ideas on whether the headlining can be selected in black even though Alpaca leather is selected.

I just can't make up my mind guys... I really need to see a santorini black FL2 with the sports styling pack next to a white FL2 with the sports styling pack to make up my mind... There are none in Cyprus... I only say a Grey FL2 with the pack in Nicosia about a month ago... any pics you have may help me decide Razz

If I go with the white in the end...I will probably go with the ebony interior
If I go with the black ...I will probably go with the Alpaca (but wish that the headlining could be black)

Post #23454 3rd Jul 2008 7:00 am
AndyC

nikolas_cy wrote:
Thanks for your feedback all.

GSYDAVE, is your car the HSE + Dynamic Pack or HSE + Sports Styling bodykit?? I would like to see a white FL2 with the sports styling pack especially from the front (I like the grill).

AndyC, I also love the 19" chrome wheels but they are a bit expensive EUR2.709 Vs EUR598 and the dealer said that even though they are good looking they will comprimise comfort and smooth ride (streets in Cyprus are not the smoothest Rolling Eyes )

Any ideas on the issue of the premium Ice Alpine system...Is it an alpine or Harmon Kardon after all???
Any ideas on whether the headlining can be selected in black even though Alpaca leather is selected.

I just can't make up my mind guys... I really need to see a santorini black FL2 with the sports styling pack next to a white FL2 with the sports styling pack to make up my mind... There are none in Cyprus... I only say a Grey FL2 with the pack in Nicosia about a month ago... any pics you have may help me decide Razz

If I go with the white in the end...I will probably go with the ebony interior
If I go with the black ...I will probably go with the Alpaca (but wish that the headlining could be black)

I believe a new brown leather interior colour is being introduced next year Exclamation . Can’t remember what it is to be called, but that would also look smart and cooler looking with a white exterior than Ebony Thumbs Up .

The other day I saw a FL2 with the 2008 leather interior with extra stitching/extra ventilation perforations on the sides of the bottom and back bolstering – costs a bit extra but very smart and I would have thought very useful in a hot climate too Thumbs Up . I would certainly pay the extra for it if I was buying now, if only for the looks Very Happy .

It may be difficult to fine a white with styling pack – white FL2’s are pretty rare, but somebody must have a black with styling pack Neutral . 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #23457 3rd Jul 2008 7:29 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Nikolas,

You look like you've done the research so I'm sure what you've decided on is the best option for you.

I have the premium Alpine system and think it is great, and a friend of mine with a 335i with the Harmon Kardon system was very impressed with it and said it was much better than the HK in the BMW.

One of my favourite aspects of the system is turning the volume to max and hearing no sound distortion at all!

I live under the smoldering sun (You don’t in Cyprus…it’s just perfect there!) and love the sunroof and the rear glass, and can just imagine driving up into Troodos in autumn with the roof open and stopping off at Caledonian falls for some grilled trout Thumbs Up

Lived in Akrotiri for 3 years and loved Lemesos and well actually the whole of Cyprus...miss it a hell of a lot when I think about it. Big Cry Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #23461 3rd Jul 2008 8:01 am
nikolas_cy

Cyprus 

Gambaa,

Now you've got me all confused again!!!! I'll see what I can do given my budget which is only around EUR50.000 (and that is already stretching it Big Cry )

Just when I had my mind made up, here you all come with your sourcery and make me want a sunroof, 19" wheels and have no idea whether I want a white FL2 or a black one!!!! Thumbs Up Big Cry Thumbs Up

Post #23464 3rd Jul 2008 8:10 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>