« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Freelander Si4 one of the last
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

LR NUT wrote:
The i6 sales in the UK were poor! Nobody wants a petrol Land Rover other than those who have disposable income Whistle
The FL2 used to be an affordable Land Rover! "Why buy a car when you can have a Land Rover"

That's a far point Nut, but the Si4 is sooo much better on fuel that's the older i6. Under normal driving conditions of course! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #256129 9th Mar 2015 9:05 am
pporocki

Poland 2014 Freelander 2 2.0T HSE Auto Santorini Black

I've just got it. But my front glass has been broken by stone and need to be replaced :/
Will post photos and later....

Post #262959 7th May 2015 12:01 am
pporocki

Poland 2014 Freelander 2 2.0T HSE Auto Santorini Black

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

So this is my new Freelander in forests of Poland Smile
This car is 2014 made but was first registered in Apr 2015.
My dealer said it was "historical" event because the last Freelander left local showroom Smile

I will write most of all about engine because it's not available in the UK.

Petrol engine is nice. I've tried speeds up to 200 km/h. Acceleration delay after pressing the gas pedal is more than in TD4 diesel engine but it is less than in Disco Sport Si4 and Evoque Si4 (tried both with 9-spd gearbox). Acceleration 0-100km/h is 8.8 sec (official data). It's more than for Si4 Evoque which has about 7.5sec with the same engine but Freelander's response is shorter because of transmission. For example it does reduction from 6 to 4 not from 9 to 4.

As I said car is very very quiet when traveling slowly I mean up to 50km/h and quiet when traveling about 50-70km/h.
Between 70-90km/h in my opinion it's similar to my TD4 and with speed 100km/h and above this speed car is louder but I'm sure it's not releated to engine noise (I hear wind noise and tire noise). Auto transmission is no bad, I don't need to use sport mode neither manual mode.

Engine noise is very nice considering it's 4cylinders only.

I feel Freelander's TD4 engine is similar to Si4 or faster when accelerating between 50 - 100km/h but Si4 is killer when accelerating 0-50km/h and above 100km/h. BTW. In Si4 when you press gas peadal to the floor while driving 140km/h the front of car is still rising up similar like starting from 0km/hSmile

My best (lowest) average fuel consumption for Si4 engine is 7.5 L per 100km. My best fuel consumption for TD4 man. engine was 6.5 L per 100km . As I said this is the lowest average recorded by me. Both on premium fuel when traveling calmly out of the cities. So the fuel consumption is lower than I expected. Average consumption when traveling aggressively on mixed roads is 16 L per 100km. My result for TD4 manual in similar conditions (mixed + aggressive) was about 9.5L per 100km.

I will no write about main differences between MY11 and MY13 because you know all of them.
The best are LED signature lights Smile

There are problems/observations exposed so far in my new 2014 Freelander Si4 HSE compared to my old 2011 Freelander TD4 S:

- it's noticeable noiser when traveling highway speeds and I don't know why (only +0.5dB metered, but for me and my passengers' ears it's noticeable difference)
- Continental UHP tires are awful compared to Goodyear Wrangles (very loud and very hard; I feel every gravel shingle)
- Santorini Black Lacquer is very soft and scratchable compared to Stornaway Grey which was very hard and durable
- cabin acoustic is so different (leather is worse than upholstery when distracting driving noise or radio sound)
- doors are closing very hard and don't know why (second topic opened)
- leather seats are harder than upholstery's seats (less comfortable for me despite of armrests&more adjustments)
- there are no beige carpet mats available longer for MY2013 LHD; only brown colour!! (or black)

Post #273406 22nd Aug 2015 8:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12