Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Rockingham Castle Experience.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
milky400

Rockingham Castle Experience.

Two words.....

"BLOODY AMAZING"

what a fantastic few hours, the team of guys there are top draw, the guy we went out with (Richard I think, big lad, shaved head and goatie) was a top top guy and really did know his stuff.

Never in a million years did I expect the cars to do what they car do especially in road set up, anyone who hasn't done this really should, you won't be disappointed.

Still buzzing from it, just need to find some 1:2 muddy hills here in the fens (river banks I think)

Massive thank you to the guys at Rockingham Castle.

Post #249335 18th Jan 2015 7:11 pm
pjbnet

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

I did a full day at Rockingham, in a D3 and liked it so much I did the Level 2 in the Defender. Had a great time on both occasions.

I do want to see what the Freelander will do so I may invest in 1/2 a day to see exactly what I can get out of it.

Post #249404 19th Jan 2015 9:37 am
ScubaDiver

United Kingdom 

I have a day booked with them and asked if I could do it in a Freelander to find out what they are like on a proper off road course the lady I spoke to suggested a split day with the morning in a Freelander and the afternoon in a Discovery for the more "challenging" part of of the course which was a pleasant surprise.

I cannot wait sounds like its going to be a great day and judging by the service I got when booking it and reports here I will not be disappointed.

Post #249424 19th Jan 2015 11:36 am
DAC364

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

I did mine at Rockingham and there was nowhere the Disco went that the Freely wouldn't go! The only doubt was the water hole which could potentially get too deep, but otherwise it had a great range of tests to show off the car. When I was there it wasn't too muddy so didn't find any really deep ruts, but it's a great location. Td4 XS manual, Orkney Grey, MY2014

Post #249473 19th Jan 2015 6:43 pm
ScubaDiver

United Kingdom 

Did my day last Wednesday (as mentioned above) with my daughter sharing the experience we had Ed Cobley as our instructor who has a long proven track record in the motor sport world and what a brilliant chap he is, my daughter mentioned she had been involved in three RTC`s recently non of which being her fault with two of them happening whilst she was stationary and he really took her under his wing in order to boost her confidence including a trip on the road where he observed her driving habits and passed the odd tip here and there.

I have never dealt with more accommodating people, we were made to feel very welcome with nothing being to much trouble for them, ED really made our day pleasurable with him and my daughter having a good rapport with constant P*** taking of each other, the scenery and course were absolutely stunning / frightening, the vehicles superb, Ed`s company and tuition magnificent, the difference in my daughter confidence whilst driving after the course amazing.

I realise that I sound like an advert for them but I do not work for ED, I did pay for the experiance my daughter does want Ed to adopt her, and yes we are going back for part 2 and I am paying for it.

In short if you want to see what your Freelander can do off road you could not do better than contacting the East of England Land Rover Experience or their other company Protrax off road adventures if you want to save a few £

Post #255876 6th Mar 2015 7:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1