« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Land Rover Experience
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
stefdpo

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey
Land Rover Experience

The Land Rover car dealer in my area invited us (my wife and me) to a Land Rover experience session in the south of france.
It was a very interresting way to test and see the actual land rover different car abilities in offroad. All the cars (1 defender 110, 1 disco, 1 Range Rover, 1 Range sport and 2 freelander) were standard ones with no modifications. It is amazing to see the obstacles these cars can pass. The instructors also gave us some good tips.

I really recommend anyone who does not have any offroad experience with his Freelander or other Land Rover car to go for it. Apparently there is few places in UK where these courses are run. It worth the experience.

Cheers Anyone who experienced a shipwreck is worried in front of calm seas.

Post #22451 18th Jun 2008 2:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

You are lucky. There are no LR Experience centeres over here. The nearest is in Austria abt 1500 Km away.
Schrauber Thumbs Up gave me an info abt a LR Experience center in Germany
http://www.landrover-experience.de/center/experiencecenter.aspx which is only abt 100 Km from where I'll be on holidays and I see if I can have a go. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #22452 18th Jun 2008 6:33 am
Steuart64

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black
it was offered and then revoked!

When I was buying my FL2 (Feb 0Cool the salesman at the stealers stated I would get a token for a day at the LRE in Perthshire.

Took delivery asked for token, was told the book was lost in the dealership and when I went back a week later (for snaggings) was told LR had stopped issuing free tokens.

The reason was " Southern dealerships had been caught giving tokens to family and friends".

Sniff Sniff - who let the bull do its stuff here then?

Good old T&C Aberdeen 07 RRS Java Black

Ex - '56 FL2 SE TD4 manual, Narvik Black, Tinted Glass, Cool Blue LEDS Internal and puddle/wing mirror lights. Smoked side repeats. Genuine Imatation Walnut facia

Post #28429 3rd Oct 2008 12:44 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

You didn't get one because you had already bought the car so didn't need to be persuaded! The dealership has to pay for each person they send to LRE's these days whereas 3 years ago everybody got an invite once they had bought the car. It costs the dealer something like £200 to send you on an LRE 1/2 day course so you can understand why they don't like to offer them out at the moment. If you want to go along to LRE Dunkeld or any of them LRE sites then you can phone and book - I recommend doing the full day rather than the 1/2 day as you get to go places other than the training grounds at the Dunkeld Hilton Hotel - in the 2nd part of the day at Dunkeld you get to play out on the hills round the Atholl Estates land. Check on Disco3.co.uk in the events section because I think they are trying to get enough numbers to run a private day at Dunkeld and it is cheaper than going on the outing by yourself and you get to use your own car under instruction. They need 7 cars to run it at £100 a car - max 12 cars, the event is on 16th November. You can check out the sign up here
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic24629.html
I'm sure they would make you most welcome if it gets their attendance numbers up as there are only 5 signed up so far. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #28430 3rd Oct 2008 12:59 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: it was offered and then revoked!

Steuart64 wrote:

The reason was " Southern dealerships had been caught giving tokens to family and friends".

Hhmmm, so LR will let their maketing activities be determined by dealer staff who can't be trusted, that makes a ton of sense. I don't have the slightest problem believing that dealer staff would behave this way, that then becomes a discipline issue within the dealership. But I'd be horrified if LR would allow that to be a reason for them to change the way they develop customer realtionships; that would be very short sighted.

Your dealer has compounded the situation, and lets himself down, by feeding you this crap line and expecting you to believe it.

I really thought that moving to the LR brand I would see a huge increase in cutomer car standards, in my own experience it has not materialsed and reading stories like this confirms that LR have some way to go (IMHO)

Sorry, I've just booked my 3rd LRE .... Thumbs Up Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #28432 3rd Oct 2008 1:11 pm
techauthorbob

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Narvik Black
LR Experience

Tell the dealer that he already agreed and if he does not honour that deal you will see him in the small claims court, along with someone from the local paper. You alreay have a verbal contract offering you this - he is in breach of that contract.
Alternatively tell him that the same deal applies to the car

Post #28492 4th Oct 2008 10:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

I had a free 1/2 day a month or so back but it wasn't arranged by the local dealer. I put my name down on the Land Rover web site and had a letter through about 2 weeks later inviting me to book it. 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #28493 4th Oct 2008 10:36 pm
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Already done the 1/2 day in the FL2. Now i've got one, the delaer gave me a half day in a RRS. I'll let you know how I get on. I've done plenty of off roading and it's great fun. Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #28745 8th Oct 2008 7:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1