« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Security
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Deano64

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
Security

Hello all again. How easy is it to get into a fl2? A neighbour said he saw someone INSIDE my car late at night outside our house. I find it difficult to believe as there was no evidence whatsoever, but I've now started to put a steering wheel lock on, which I haven't done for years with any car. I can't see how anybody can get into the car without alarms going off etc, but he seemed convinced he'd seen someone and it wasn't me or my wife.

Ta

Post #255986 7th Mar 2015 9:13 pm
submarine

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Did you lock it? Why would you leave the car if you were in it, that's the hard part, bypassing ignition with access to the obd isn't too difficult. I would say it's ok, just check your insurance and make sure you have both keys incase of a claim Smile

Post #255987 7th Mar 2015 9:17 pm
taztastic

England 

Was the car locked the following morning?
If it was I doubt anyone was in there, possibly a reflection on the window?

I have fitted LED lamps in the interior lights, at night is is very very bright and very conspicuous, check the alarm sensor on the roof, well documented on here that many simply do not work but easy to fix Thumbs Up

Post #255988 7th Mar 2015 9:17 pm
Deano64

submarine wrote:
Did you lock it? Why would you leave the car if you were in it, that's the hard part, bypassing ignition with access to the obd isn't too difficult. I would say it's ok, just check your insurance and make sure you have both keys incase of a claim Smile

Pretty sure I locked it. Neighbour couldn't remember when it happened, but we were away for a week and I left it in a Locked state. Like you, if you're in the car, there must have been somedisturbance of stuff in there, but there wasn't. Will keep aware

Post #255998 7th Mar 2015 10:24 pm
Deano64

taztastic wrote:
Was the car locked the following morning?
If it was I doubt anyone was in there, possibly a reflection on the window?

I have fitted LED lamps in the interior lights, at night is is very very bright and very conspicuous, check the alarm sensor on the roof, well documented on here that many simply do not work but easy to fix Thumbs Up

I assume the alarm works, since it was a new car and everything was checked! Would an alarm fault be detectable . My car has been back to dealers a few times since I've had it and everything was ok

Post #255999 7th Mar 2015 10:28 pm
ad210358

England 

Open the drivers window, lock the vehicle, Double Lock it, give it a couple of minutes for the Alarm to set, when you put your arm in the open window if it goes the alarm go off or not Question
http://www.freel2.com/forum/post151071.html#151071 p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #256002 7th Mar 2015 10:58 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Maybe it was innocent. Years ago I was collecting the company mail from the PO box. Walked back to my company Toyota, got in, started the car & was just about to drive off. But the car didn't feel quite right, don't know what is was, it was nice and clean but something was strange. Then I saw an identical white Toyota in the rear view mirror...... then it hit me, that was actually my car!

Quickly got out, locked the car & got into mine. Funny thing is I felt guilty about almost driving off with the wrong car simply because I had been distracted by the addressees on all the mail. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #256010 8th Mar 2015 1:34 am
cqr

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Lol
I tried to open my old Volvo years back and was very impatient with it till I spotted the roof rack
NOT my Volvo

Post #256018 8th Mar 2015 9:55 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I once dropped off my teenage niece at a motorway service station. The plan was to meet another uncle who had a silver Granada estate. We saw the car across the car park and a middle aged guy was asleep in it. She planned to get in the car quietly and surprise him when he woke up. I was about to drive off and leave her getting in the car when luckily I realised that it was the wrong car.!!! Rolling Eyes 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #256028 8th Mar 2015 10:55 am
Deano64

Lightwater wrote:
Maybe it was innocent. Years ago I was collecting the company mail from the PO box. Walked back to my company Toyota, got in, started the car & was just about to drive off. But the car didn't feel quite right, don't know what is was, it was nice and clean but something was strange. Then I saw an identical white Toyota in the rear view mirror...... then it hit me, that was actually my car!

Quickly got out, locked the car & got into mine. Funny thing is I felt guilty about almost driving off with the wrong car simply because I had been distracted by the addressees on all the mail.

My car is parked off road at home around the back of the house. It's very quiet and there are not many reasons to go there. But thanks for the suggestions

Post #256033 8th Mar 2015 11:24 am
Craigius

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt Silver

You could consider fitting CCTV to the house keep an eye on the vehicle over night? MY 2012 HSE LUX
MY 2010 XS

Post #256089 8th Mar 2015 9:03 pm
Deano64

I could but I'm not very good at diy, especially diy, combined with technology - cameras & hard drives etc. I've got our security light working, which is something!

Post #256096 8th Mar 2015 9:53 pm
submarine

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I still maintain that this in an unlikely scenario - if it was a smash and grab, that would be obvious, if it was to set up to steal the car, then the car would be gone. Find a specsavers for your neighbour Thumbs Up

Post #256098 8th Mar 2015 10:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1