« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > 100 Degree Starts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

bit cold then Whistle

Maybe the Norwegian forum members might be able to help when starting the car in the cold Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #22434 17th Jun 2008 2:33 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

npinks wrote:
bit cold then Whistle

Maybe the Norwegian forum members might be able to help when starting the car in the cold Laughing

A FL2 never has problems. Over here when I called LR assist to get some international phone numbers for when I am on holiday LR ASSIST answered the phone with "JAGUAG ASSISTANCE HOW CAN WE HELP YOU" so I relaxed. Laughing Very Happy FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #22441 17th Jun 2008 5:05 pm
comerbuck

United States 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Rimini Red

comerbuck wrote:
With the hot weather here in Atlanta yesterday, I experienced the hot start problem on 3 seperate stops. Every time it was about 5 trys before the engine would catch. I always just put the fob in, step on the brake, then push the start button ... no problem with starting this way. I remember last summer having the problem also at times, but I thought it was fixed with a software update. We have had extremely hot weather here the past few days

This is the I6 gasoline (petrol) engine ...
Took to the dealer (Land Rover Gwinnett - Atlanta) for problem resolution. This is the response (from invoice):

"Connect Testbook. No fault codes stored. Found outdated software tune, reconfigure PCM software. Road Test, after hot soak vehicle would not restart. Verify fuel pump, security and systems working properly at this time. Contact Techline. Clean throttle body per Techline request. Reset adaptations. CUSTOMER COMPLAINT IS KNOWN ISSUE THAT IS BEING WORKED ON AT THIS TIME. Note: customer to return for software tune when available."

When I asked the service rep if I would be notified when the fix is available, he said he guessed they will send out a recall notice.

Post #23027 26th Jun 2008 10:47 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
bit cold then Whistle

Maybe the Norwegian forum members might be able to help when starting the car in the cold Laughing

No experiance with the FL2 i6 but my old petrol engined BMW started every first time in winters down to -25C Thumbs Up . Only exception was a worn out battery at 7.5 years and an electrical problem that had nothing to do with the time of year.
Only experiance with the FL2 TD4 (manual) during the last "mild" winter is that it started easily every time in temperatures down to ca. -12C Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #23034 27th Jun 2008 7:01 am
micriley

United States 

comerbuck wrote:
Contact Techline. Clean throttle body per Techline request. Reset adaptations. CUSTOMER COMPLAINT IS KNOWN ISSUE THAT IS BEING WORKED ON AT THIS TIME. Note: customer to return for software tune when available."

When I asked the service rep if I would be notified when the fix is available, he said he guessed they will send out a recall notice.

I'm in Austin, TX and have been seeing (what appears to be) the same hot-start problems, and have gotten the same "it is a known issue and they are working on a fix" response. Have also called into LR customer service a copule of times, but no substantive response to-date.

-Michael

Post #25835 18th Aug 2008 4:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123