Home > General > Heat reflective windscreen and other cool features missing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gorjant

Macedonia 
Heat reflective windscreen and other cool features missing

Hi,

I was reading about the new Volvo XC60, and among different options (some quite cool) I noticed a "heat reflective windscreen and front windows". So I wonder why they didn't put it on the Freelander 2 since in is inthe similar category and maybe distant relatives (trough Ford) with the XC60? Is this helpful? Does this really reduce the sun heat or is it just a gimmick?

Maybe they should borrowed some other safety feature from Volvo such as the Blind Sport alert..Active Cruise Control and Accident alert...Whiplash protection..in the seats, City Safety and few others. They took the Rollover Stability Control (RSC) but it seems they didn't implement it as it should be (Consumer Reports test drive claims it doesn't work as it should).

And comfort ones like the remote heater/ventilation of the cabin.

Post #21638 5th Jun 2008 1:09 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Guess that the reason is "costs" as these options don't really come cheap. Maybe the heat resistent windscreen
cannot be fitted with the defroster.
I think that anyway the windscreen has some heat resistent features as it is allready sort of tinted at the limit of the law.

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1758.html...ows+tinted

As for the other thingsyou mention they are surely quite expensive and putting then on the options list might have been difficult also from manufacturing point of view as there are quite a number of options to choose from. I don't think there is a manufacturer that can offer all the options available on the market in one car and we should not forget that as the FL2 was launched in 2006 the designing and testing started way earlier. The XC 60 is about to come out so it can benefit from a ewer technology. Same thing as with things RRS guys complained that we have and they don't.
So unless the car manufacturers stop improoving the cars and say that's it there will allways be a car that has more/other options than the one we drive. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21648 5th Jun 2008 3:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1