« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Courtesy Car - Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
poidy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tambora Flame
Courtesy Car - Help

When I purchased my new Freelander 2 in 2007 from a Freelander dealer in Bradford. I traded in my old model freelander and was really pleased Thumbs Up with the service I received at the dealership when my freelander needed attention (which was a lot initially with electical problems Big Cry ). e.g courtesy car, pick up delivery service.
However ! when I recently contacted my dealer to arrange a visit I was told that they no longer provided a courtesy car (unless I paid Evil or Very Mad Shocked ) and that if I required a pick up / delivery service I needed to book a month in advance Rolling with laughter Does anybody else have this problem ? Or can any owner suggest where I can go to receive a better service (when my freelander was serviced last time it cost £395.00 too! and I had to return because they had not stamped my service record book). Or is this the standard to expect from Freelander dealerships across the country ? Big Cry Crying or Very sad

Post #21359 1st Jun 2008 9:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

I purchased my FL2 from Armstrong Massey, at York

I have free courtesy cars, pick up service if required, and my 1st service was a lot cheaper that what your quoted

They may have a different policy on people who didn't buy there cars from them, but i don't think so.

Obviousley the pickup/car have to be booked in advance which is normally only a week Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21360 1st Jun 2008 9:51 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'd think this will vary from dealer to dealer. I can get a free courtesy car but only with good notice )that doesn't work for me because my mileage can be quite erratic, however they also offer to pick the car up (which I don't use) or will provide a taxi to get me home and pick me up later, so can't complain. It probably helps that I only live 5 miles from the dealer, don't know if these policies would change if I lived 30 miles away. The dealer I us was the supplying dealer also.

I'd take a guess that some dealers might be having a hard time and therefore could be introducing measures to cut costs.

Post #21380 1st Jun 2008 2:23 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

ring round - there's a fair few dealers around who'll happily quote for your business. I bought mine from Armstrong Massey too. Only had need for one loan car but they provided a rather nice range rover vogue with all the trimmings so no problem there. I believe NPINKS was given my car as a loaner on one occasion (it wasn't mine at the time Razz ).
I'd say that if they don't do loaners they're commiting commercial suicide. I certainly wouldn't deal with any garage that wouldn't loan me a car.
Some do charge £10 for insurance which is fair enough though. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #21383 1st Jun 2008 2:54 pm
poidy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tambora Flame

Thanks to all who have responded to the courtesy car predicament. and especially jules good to know that you are part of the tambora flame clan. I shall certainly be taking my business elsewhere in future.

Post #21386 1st Jun 2008 3:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Suspect I'm dealing with the same LR dealer in Bradford as you. Mine is due to go back to them this week; they are coming over to collect it, etc. due to the difficulties experienced trying to programme the second key fob here in Manchester.

I was surprised to be told that although they are leaving me a loan car, I can only use it if I insure it myself. Has anyone else experienced this please?

Have to say that if it is the same LR dealer in Bradford, then my general experience has not been great - other then the Parts' Manager (Stewart I think) who has been very good.

DT

Post #21402 1st Jun 2008 6:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

DT your insurance company will most likely insure a loan car for free, and you excess will most likely be lower than the dealers too Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21405 1st Jun 2008 7:32 pm
Cameo

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I was going to post a thread complaining of the same experience of my supplying dealer (Westover, Christchurch). Their sales service was excellent; however follow-up service has left a lot to be desired. The most recent problem being their insistence of providing my own insurance for a courtesy car. Having made inquiries with my insurer this will incur an admin cost of £25. I would be upset if this was for a service visit, the fact it is for a warranty problem has caused me to be abjectly pee'd off. Evil or Very Mad

Land Rover are supposed to be a premium brand (and they certainly charge premium prices for their servicing) and when I buy a premium product I do not expect it to cost me money when their product is defective. I have previously owned Audis and VWs and never had to pay for a courtesy car, even during servicing. I really like the FL2 but this experience would make me think twice about buying another Land Rover Sad

Post #21419 1st Jun 2008 9:57 pm
Simon_CSK

I have used 2 dealers locally for service and warranty work.

Sheilds in Glasgow will always expect me to insure their car which various insurance companies over the years has done free of charge.

Parks in Ayr just gave me a car without bothering my insurance.

Both provided cars without any issue Sheilds always require about 2 weeks notice I don't know if Parks require notice or not.

Post #21431 2nd Jun 2008 12:15 pm
JMMYM

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'm up in hills halfway between Manchester and Bradford- bought mine from Rocar Moores in Huddersfield 5 mins off M62. Had good service from them and never had a problem getting a loaner free of charge on their insurance on the few occasions I've needed one for service or software update.

Post #21637 5th Jun 2008 12:50 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Whenever I've had a loan car from T&C Aberdeen, all I had to do was notify my insurers what I was driving and they would provide a temporary certificate of insurance for a period of 2 days to cover the loan car, all done free of charge.

Hopefully that will be the same when it goes in for it's first service in a couple of weeks time. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #21641 5th Jun 2008 1:55 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

UKdave104 wrote:
Whenever I've had a loan car from T&C Aberdeen, all I had to do was notify my insurers what I was driving and they would provide a temporary certificate of insurance for a period of 2 days to cover the loan car, all done free of charge.

Hopefully that will be the same when it goes in for it's first service in a couple of weeks time.

Why do you need a courtesy car as I was under the impression that the first service only takes a couple of hours ?
Is it because you just drop your FL2 and take her back at the end of the day? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21646 5th Jun 2008 3:01 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Quote:
Is it because you just drop your FL2 and take her back at the end of the day?

Correct Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #21649 5th Jun 2008 3:52 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

UKdave104 wrote:
Quote:
Is it because you just drop your FL2 and take her back at the end of the day?

Correct Thumbs Up

Thought so.
Won't work for me unfortunately Big Cry as the three closest dealers (with service facilities) are all over 230 Km away so for it rather means a day off work for service. Small price to pay to drive such a beauty.
Could have opted for a Tiguan and have service in my home town Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21650 5th Jun 2008 3:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1