Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Discovery Sport Thread **ALL HERE**
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 127 <123 45 ... 125126127>
Print this entire topic · 
dilwyn

United Kingdom 

Seriously, when you compare the Sport prices against the obvious rivals Land Rover is pitching it against it is not that expensive, i.e. Volvo, BMW, Audi etc.
If you factor in the capabilities of Land Rovers when the going gets tough then the Sport has a distinct advantage price for price against rivals.
What the new Sport's prices really demonstrate is what exceptional value the outgoing Freelander offered, particularly in GS/XS specs. We won't see their like again!

Post #236636 2nd Oct 2014 6:06 pm
ronp

Scotland 

Auto Express review from the Paris motorshow

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/di...newsletter FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #236643 2nd Oct 2014 6:48 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Change?!

interesting conclusion Badger1970, criticising the launch models of DS is "resistance to change".

Maybe for some, but I certainly wanted change, better engine, fuel efficiency & lower Co2 emissions, less complex servicing, good range of models to choose from, and of course still reasonable value for money. I do NOT see that yet; however, I will wait a few mths/yrs longer before I very reluctantly switch manufacturers.

Btw, I personally loved the FL2 on launch, but had to wait then as auto diesel was not initially available. Rolling Eyes Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #236674 3rd Oct 2014 1:27 am
Legoman

United Kingdom 

^^^ +1 Thumbs Up

They have lost the business for one of my cars, let's see if they can do it for the other one. that would end over 15 years with Land Rover. Rolling Eyes

Post #236675 3rd Oct 2014 7:19 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I can see the JLR Directors in the Friday morning meeting now that your saying they might lose your second LR

One for each alias Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #236677 3rd Oct 2014 7:36 am
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue
Re: Change?!

Nick Jan wrote:
interesting conclusion Badger1970, criticising the launch models of DS is "resistance to change".

Maybe for some, but I certainly wanted change, better engine, fuel efficiency & lower Co2 emissions, less complex servicing, good range of models to choose from, and of course still reasonable value for money.

And therein lies my point. None of you have got behind the wheel of the DS, driven it, or in most cases, even seen it in the flesh, so why pan something without doing the research? Until you have actually seen/driven it, NOBODY outside of JLR is really in a position to dismiss it out of hand because a "it's not a Land Rover" in their traditional opinion.

Let's face it, very few people buy a brand new design of vehicle - they wait at least a year so that any niggles and rough spots can be ironed out. JLR know this, and I think that they have got their strategy absolutely spot-on regarding the Ingenium engines - let Jaguar sort out the initial issues in the XE, and then offer a complete range including petrol in the new DS a year or so down the line.

Alternatively, spit the dummy and buy a BMW. Apparently, they are a much better bet according to some.... Foraging near Gaydon....
——————————————
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #236678 3rd Oct 2014 7:44 am
Dartman the one

England 

From what I have seen of it, I may have chosen a DS over aFL2, not for the 7 seats but the extra boot length. The againsts would have been no opening sun roof, only 100KG nose weight ( though the rear axle load and difference between mass in service and GVM if the same or better than the FL2 HSE would have a greater influence). The FL2 for us is almost ideal in drive ability and comfort (Nav excepted) but a larger boot would be appreciated especially when carrying the dog, the DS would seem to solve most of the FL2 shortcomings for me. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #236682 3rd Oct 2014 8:46 am
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver
Re: Change?!

Badger1970 wrote:
Nick Jan wrote:

Maybe for some, but I certainly wanted change, better engine, fuel efficiency & lower Co2 emissions, less complex servicing, good range of models to choose from, and of course still reasonable value for money.

And therein lies my point. None of you have got behind the wheel of the DS, driven it, or in most cases, even seen it in the flesh, so why pan something without doing the research? Until you have actually seen/driven it, NOBODY outside of JLR is really in a position to dismiss it out of hand because a "it's not a Land Rover" in their traditional opinion.

Let's face it, very few people buy a brand new design of vehicle - they wait at least a year so that any niggles and rough spots can be ironed out. JLR know this, and I think that they have got their strategy absolutely spot-on regarding the Ingenium engines - let Jaguar sort out the initial issues in the XE, and then offer a complete range including petrol in the new DS a year or so down the line.

Alternatively, spit the dummy and buy a BMW. Apparently, they are a much better bet according to some....

Unable to see your point to what Nick Jan said, other than your opinion being the only one that counts!

Post #236707 3rd Oct 2014 6:10 pm
Badger1970

wizking wrote:
Unable to see your point to what Nick Jan said, other than your opinion being the only one that counts!

My point, if you are so blind that you can't see it, is simply that you are all (mostly) deciding the car is a crock of crap without actually seeing or driving it. So what if it looks different? Get your head out of 2006 and put your valid points and opinion across once you have seen/driven it, instead of sniping! Foraging near Gaydon....
——————————————

Last edited by Badger1970 on 4th Oct 2014 3:39 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #236710 3rd Oct 2014 7:14 pm
wizking

As said, just your opinion counts, we are not allowed one. Unless it is the same as yours!

Post #236711 3rd Oct 2014 7:17 pm
Badger1970

Of course you are entitled to one! That's the point of a debate. You aren't in a position to comment at this stage, that's MY point! Before slagging it off, go and see it in the flesh, and substantiate your negativity with some salient FACT Foraging near Gaydon....
——————————————

Post #236712 3rd Oct 2014 7:19 pm
wizking

What makes you think I haven't seen it?
And what makes you think I have slagged it off. Here we go again...

Post #236713 3rd Oct 2014 7:23 pm
Badger1970

We digress from the topic, please stick to it, rather than become Agent Provocatuer on a Friday night again,. Substantiate with fact rather than conjecture, and I will have far more time to listen to you. In the meantime, crack on, I'm off to the Pub Laughing Foraging near Gaydon....
——————————————

Post #236715 3rd Oct 2014 7:26 pm
wizking

Have a great evening.

Post #236716 3rd Oct 2014 7:32 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I have seen it and I like it more in the flesh than I did from the photos. It is starting to grow on me but I'm still not sure it's enough to make me want one yet but I may well change my opinion when I get to drive one. Ground clearance and approach and departure angles look to be slightly less than a Freelander 2 but that may well be an illusion caused by seeing one fitted with side steps.

Read in the press today that Land Rover have taken something like 1200 orders in 3 weeks since the reveal.

Post #236719 3rd Oct 2014 8:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 127 <123 45 ... 125126127>