« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > worried
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
worried

Mrs G is away at her sisters for the night ..... what if the baby comes early and is born in Lancashire Shocked ..oh the shame of it Confused
Should I demand she comes home right now just incase? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #20850 24th May 2008 4:45 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

No don't worry about that, sit back and enjoy one of the last nights of freedom you'll ever have .... Thumbs Up

Post #20851 24th May 2008 5:34 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Don't worry when thephone call comes there is nothing compared. Got my phone call at abt 3 am and could not sober up a couple of days. Only ocassion when I was not sure that I had the officiaol 0 % alchool while driving.
You just cannot replicate what you feel when the call comes. (my wife has been in the hospital month before giving birth)
Now not even two years after HE has a monopoly on all the remotes and decides abt everything.
Life will realy not be the same- in the good sense FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20854 24th May 2008 5:40 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Don't worry about it, if he/she comes expectantly the hospital won't have any beds

We went to St. James' Hospital 6 weeks earlier than was expected and they told us that they didn't have a bed available and they would try and keep us in Yorkshire Shocked

Ended up at Harrogate and that was a very good hospital Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #20855 24th May 2008 5:55 pm
Matei

avtur wrote:
No don't worry about that, sit back and enjoy one of the last nights of freedom you'll ever have .... Thumbs Up

With a almost two year boy could you be so kind and explain the word "freedom" Hope I got the spelling right because I certainly don't know what it means anymore.
Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20856 24th May 2008 5:58 pm
expat

hmm this more of an issue than the baby or parenthood or freedom....this is real important , is his baby going to be born in yorkshire or god forbid( Wink ) lancashire ....
CG get yr missus to drive down to Northants , Rose of the shires ...or so it says on the signs Smile
good luck

Post #20862 24th May 2008 6:17 pm
avtur

Matei wrote:
avtur wrote:

With a almost two year boy could you be so kind and explain the word "freedom" Hope I got the spelling right because I certainly don't know what it means anymore.
Thumbs Up

Hi Matei,

Thats my point, once the little people arrive you forget what freedom is .... forever!

We have two daughters, 19 & 16 years. The 19 year old just emailed us from Los Angeles, she just arrived there as part of her 'gap year' travels before going to university, so shes thousands of miles away and we worry! The 16 year old is in the middle of GCSE's, she's here at home revising for her exams, we worry.

As our girls get older we will always be concerned about them, theire jobs, future partners, their own children etc, etc ... So CG really is about to experience the ultimate life changing event, sounds like he's been given one last night of freedom, I hope he makes the most of it!!!!

Post #20863 24th May 2008 6:17 pm
Matei

Funny or not the best sentence concerning kids was in a british thriler- end- and it saidsomething like this " don't forget that we do not own our children. We would like to allways protect them and help them all the way but it is not possible as the children are not owned by anyone."
Strange to get this in theend of a thriller but cannot actually find any fault. Am just enjoying my son as long as I can.
Today we had the odd stroll and as soon as he saw a SUV he wanted to get in. Guess that I have to work in explaining that the FL2 is not the odd SUV. Will work yhis out. Fortunate for me he cannot get a licence the next 16 years Laughing FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20866 24th May 2008 6:41 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

The little un might be born in Lancashire, hate chickens, hate Freelanders and love caravanning........ Shocked

Post #20870 24th May 2008 7:16 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

been the proud dad of a 2 year old, and after coming back from 2 weeks in a Villa with a private pool and games room.

I can honestly say from the hours of 7am till 8pm neither myself or Mrs NP had any free time Rolling Eyes

We were either feeding, walking, stood in a unheated pool or following him around due to the pool and the marble staircases until he fell asleep in his pushchair walking to the restaurants.

I suppose at least we could have all our evening meals in peace and quiet Very Happy (Unless he snored Sad )

When we did have 5mins spare, you just relax and get "I WANT TO GO IN THE GAMES ROOM" until you give in and go to the games room.

He who said holidays are relaxing should be shot Yawn Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #20873 24th May 2008 7:44 pm
Matei

npinks wrote:
been the proud dad of a 2 year old, and after coming back from 2 weeks in a Villa with a private pool and games room.

I can honestly say from the hours of 7am till 8pm neither myself or Mrs NP had any free time Rolling Eyes

We were either feeding, walking, stood in a unheated pool or following him around due to the pool and the marble staircases until he fell asleep in his pushchair walking to the restaurants.

I suppose at least we could have all our evening meals in peace and quiet Very Happy (Unless he snored Sad )

When we did have 5mins spare, you just relax and get "I WANT TO GO IN THE GAMES ROOM" until you give in and go to the games room.

He who said holidays are relaxing should be shot Yawn

Very encouraging as we will go on holliday in a couple of weeks.
Thought that I should not expect any rest but my wife still has hopes Laughing Don't want to dissapoint her yet.
Don't really understand from where he gets his energy. If this energy could be transformed in fuel I would not worry abt the mpg at all.
Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20904 25th May 2008 11:47 am
avtur

Hey the early years are hard work, but later on it gets better. We're now at a stage where we can take ours to the pub and they join in the fun. We sometimes go out with a couple of other couples who don't have kids, they always want us to bring our kids along. We all have a few beers, have a laugh, plus we get to keep an eye on the kids and break them into 'gonig to the pub' Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #20919 25th May 2008 7:33 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Matei wrote:

Very encouraging as we will go on holliday in a couple of weeks.
Thought that I should not expect any rest but my wife still has hopes Laughing Don't want to dissapoint her yet.
Don't really understand from where he gets his energy. If this energy could be transformed in fuel I would not worry abt the mpg at all.
Thumbs Up

I would suggest doing your best to keep him entertained during the day, without the afternoon sleep that they sometimes want.

Then find out what what your doing on a night, mine was to book a restaurant at 8pm, and by the time we had walked there (30mins due to Nanna been 84yrs old) he had gone to sleep with the cup of cold milk he drunk in his pram. Got back later on and popped him into his PJ's and bed.

Perfect Evenings Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #20926 25th May 2008 11:15 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Safely back in Gods own county again, ready to be rushed to Harrogate hospital..where I was also born a few short years ago... Anyone got a green flashing light to go on top of the fl2 Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #20937 26th May 2008 9:06 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i haven't got a green light

but if you give me your address i will work out the best route with the most speed cameras to light your way Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #20944 26th May 2008 12:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>