Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > The RRS boys are livid!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
will_wonka

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
The RRS boys are livid!!

From the sister site:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic10419.html?highlight= RRS S/C HST - named Plantagenet Palliser

**New addition** Freeloader 2 SE with all the toys

Preferred Dealer: Lancaster Reading

Disco3 - Gone
Defender 90 TD - Gone
FFRR Vogue - Gone
BMW X5 4.4 - Gone
LR Defender Tdi - Gone

Post #20761 23rd May 2008 1:00 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

nice of you to have posted this here also Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20767 23rd May 2008 1:34 pm
will_wonka

Nothing like a bit of healthy debate!! Whistle RRS S/C HST - named Plantagenet Palliser

Disco3 - Gone
Defender 90 TD - Gone
FFRR Vogue - Gone
BMW X5 4.4 - Gone
LR Defender Tdi - Gone

Post #20768 23rd May 2008 1:44 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

They are spitting blood on the RRS forum!! Rolling with laughter

At least someone on there is sticking up for the FL2 having driven both cars. Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #20769 23rd May 2008 1:51 pm
Rev

Canada 

How could anoyone say that the LR2 is not a good ride? This thread reads like a couple kids arguing in the playground about whose toy is better. It is just silly. Coming soon: LR2 HSE; Alaska White; Nav; Premium Sound; Bluetooth; Lighting Package

Post #20770 23rd May 2008 2:04 pm
will_wonka

shilen wrote:

At least someone on there is sticking up for the FL2 having driven both cars. Thumbs Up

That will be me then!! Love my RRS and love my Freeloader. RRS S/C HST - named Plantagenet Palliser

Disco3 - Gone
Defender 90 TD - Gone
FFRR Vogue - Gone
BMW X5 4.4 - Gone
LR Defender Tdi - Gone

Post #20774 23rd May 2008 2:34 pm
Matei

Guess the RRS boys just did not think the FL2 will end up such a good car. Thumbs Up LR
Anyway we cannot compare the FL2 to his bigger brother as the RRs has the air suspension (that we all probably would have wished to have) and therefore the extra TR setting that comes with the AS. The lower mpg they probably got for free.
I am sure that the newer technologies they envied in the FL2 will soon find thir way into the RRS -this or next generation but than the price will go up and they will end up wondering if a nw CD display and one touch window button are really worth the extra money. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20775 23rd May 2008 2:34 pm
Rev

Canada 

They are both great vehicles. I say just drive them and enjoy them. No need to bitch about the window button or the key fob. Coming soon: LR2 HSE; Alaska White; Nav; Premium Sound; Bluetooth; Lighting Package

Post #20777 23rd May 2008 2:44 pm
will_wonka

Matei wrote:
Guess the RRS boys just did not think the FL2 will end up such a good car. Thumbs Up LR
Anyway we cannot compare the FL2 to his bigger brother as the RRs has the air suspension (that we all probably would have wished to have) and therefore the extra TR setting that comes with the AS. The lower mpg they probably got for free.
I am sure that the newer technologies they envied in the FL2 will soon find thir way into the RRS -this or next generation but than the price will go up and they will end up wondering if a nw CD display and one touch window button are really worth the extra money.

Absolutely, I for one WILL depart with another £60k+, but not for such trivial features....more for the thumping 5.0l Supercharged due next year!! Thumbs Up Lest us not forget that the RRS was designed 2002-2004 so is not ever going to have all the features that come on the FL2 until a refresh occured....this due for MY 2009. RRS S/C HST - named Plantagenet Palliser

Disco3 - Gone
Defender 90 TD - Gone
FFRR Vogue - Gone
BMW X5 4.4 - Gone
LR Defender Tdi - Gone

Post #20778 23rd May 2008 2:51 pm
Matei

[quote="will_wonka"]

Matei wrote:
I am sure that the newer technologies they envied in the FL2 will soon find thir way into the RRS -this or next generation but than the price will go up and they will end up wondering if a nw CD display and one touch window button are really worth the extra money.

Absolutely, I for one WILL depart with another £60k+, but not for such trivial features....more for the thumping 5.0l Supercharged due next year!! Thumbs Up Lest us not forget that the RRS was designed 2002-2004 so is not ever going to have all the features that come on the FL2 until a refresh occured....this due for MY 2009.[/quote]

Will this mean a new different look say as FL2 opposed to FL1 new engines aso or just minor updates and improovents? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20783 23rd May 2008 3:01 pm
will_wonka

[quote="Matei"]

will_wonka wrote:
Matei wrote:

Absolutely, I for one WILL depart with another £60k+, but not for such trivial features....more for the thumping 5.0l Supercharged due next year!! Thumbs Up Lest us not forget that the RRS was designed 2002-2004 so is not ever going to have all the features that come on the FL2 until a refresh occured....this due for MY 2009.[/quote]

Will this mean a new different look say as FL2 opposed to FL1 new engines aso or just minor updates and improovents?

For the My09 it is a mild facelift externally, but with the addition of the 5.0l S/C and alleged 4.0 TDV8 engine wise. The interior is the main upgrade which is effectively a rework of the Jaguar interior (Sat Nav etc) and improved switching. I think they are starting to realise that the interior was the biggest let down for what is an expensive premium motor.

All good from my point of view. The NEW RRS will not be with us until 2014 at which point the FFRR would have been replaced, so if the spy shots of that are anything to go by, it will be another winner with agressive looks. Thumbs Up

Roll on 2014 !!!

I have opted for a LRX (whenever it gets released) as an interim, but will have to get the revised 5.0l s/c.......naturally in HST form. Thumbs Up RRS S/C HST - named Plantagenet Palliser

Disco3 - Gone
Defender 90 TD - Gone
FFRR Vogue - Gone
BMW X5 4.4 - Gone
LR Defender Tdi - Gone

Post #20787 23rd May 2008 3:42 pm
Matei

[quote="will_wonka"]

Matei wrote:
will_wonka wrote:
Matei wrote:

Will this mean a new different look say as FL2 opposed to FL1 new engines aso or just minor updates and improovents?

For the My09 it is a mild facelift externally, but with the addition of the 5.0l S/C and alleged 4.0 TDV8 engine wise. The interior is the main upgrade which is effectively a rework of the Jaguar interior (Sat Nav etc) and improved switching. I think they are starting to realise that the interior was the biggest let down for what is an expensive premium motor.

All good from my point of view. The NEW RRS will not be with us until 2014 at which point the FFRR would have been replaced, so if the spy shots of that are anything to go by, it will be another winner with agressive looks. Thumbs Up

Roll on 2014 !!!

I have opted for a LRX (whenever it gets released) as an interim, but will have to get the revised 5.0l s/c.......naturally in HST form. Thumbs Up

The LRX looks greatas it seems that she will still have the LR DNA. If they will be able to deliver the mpg on the hybrid version is another story.
I will do the coward's option (will tell my wife that this is the reasonable/sensitive option thought) and will wait a year after the LRX will roll in order to considering to buy one.
Who knows what LR will tink to devellop meantime.
THanks for your input Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20796 23rd May 2008 6:33 pm
Queipo

Spain 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Sumatra Black

will_wonka wrote:
shilen wrote:

At least someone on there is sticking up for the FL2 having driven both cars. Thumbs Up

That will be me then!! Love my RRS and love my Freeloader.

So do I. I love my RRS and my wife's FL2.

Post #20819 23rd May 2008 9:51 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I like teh way NPinks popped up at the end of that thread....I haven't seen a post in here from him yet and he's on there!!! Laughing

Even without the one touch windows I would take a RRS in a heartbeat Thumbs Up

Post #20828 24th May 2008 7:58 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i'm back from Portugal and had a few posts to read on here, Sad (and on there) and that particular post caught my attention Very Happy

I also asked about parking at Wembly as i am driving down there for the Leeds Utd game Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #20830 24th May 2008 9:15 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>