« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Average fuel figures
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dennis1167

England 2007 LR2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Average fuel figures

Sorry if i sound thick but does the average fuel figure represent consumption at that particular moment in time or is it average consumption since I last reset the computer. Embarassed

Post #20423 19th May 2008 1:50 pm
muddywheels

England 
Re: Average fuel figures

dennis1167 wrote:
Sorry if i sound thick but does the average fuel figure represent consumption at that particular moment in time or is it average consumption since I last reset the computer. Embarassed

Average is from when you reset the computer last Thumbs Up

My last car was averaged over last 100 miles or since reset - not sure with FL2.

Post #20425 19th May 2008 1:59 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Re: Average fuel figures

muddywheels wrote:
dennis1167 wrote:

Average is from when you reset the computer last Thumbs Up

My last car was averaged over last 100 miles or since reset - not sure with FL2.

Right. But the nicest part of it, for me , is that I make say 200 Km in town and then a 150 Km outside and at the end of the trip outside town I end up with a bigger range than when I started so it ooks like a free trip Rolling with laughter but I know that there no such thing as a free trip Big Cry with today's diesel prices. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20437 19th May 2008 3:27 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

The trip computer on our trusty FL2's ain't as good as some others out there.

The computer resets whenever you reset any of its functions, the mileage trip, the average mpg or average speed. The reset acts on all the computer functions simultaneously. Now if you've got the patience not to reset the trip you'll get a more accurate overall figure the longer you leave it. The FL2 only gets an average consumption readout, it does not give you an instant consumption readout (thats the one where you see low single figures every time you get heavy with the right foot!)

If you want to scare yourself operate the reset before a cold start and watch the mpg for the first few miles, you will see some low figures ... but once the motor starts to warm and if you can into cruising mode the figure can rise quite quickly.

Post #20470 20th May 2008 3:35 am
GWO

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Quote:
If you want to scare yourself operate the reset before a cold start and watch the mpg for the first few miles, you will see some low figures ... but once the motor starts to warm and if you can into cruising mode the figure can rise quite quickly.

Conversely reset whilst you are cruising on a motorway in 6th and you will see some excellent figures for a short while (74.5 mpg for 18 miles on A14/M11 @ 70 mph).

Post #20475 20th May 2008 12:15 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

avtur wrote:

Sadly 99% of our fl2 running is in this state. Hence our 22mpg average Big Cry

Got to well over 40 on a run to Hull a few weeks back though. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #20486 20th May 2008 2:03 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

mpg intown Mr. Green
mpg out of town Neutral
driving the FL2: priceless

Guess we all knew that the LRquoted figures are not easy to replicate in normal life - same with all carmakers but than I don't think anyone bought a FL2 for the good mpg. THere are several so called SUV that have a better mpg but than there are plenty more with a worse mpg.
Actually the F2 is not doing so bad she is just abt 1,5 liters more thisty than my former 407 who waslighter and had better aerodynamics.
Just driving the FL2 makes surely up for the mpg. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20487 20th May 2008 2:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1