Home > Technical > radio sat nav problem after engine start
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cliff

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red
radio sat nav problem after engine start

Hi All,

Ive got one for you,if the kids switch on the radio while the key fob is out of the slot and then you jump back in start up and drive off does your sat nav screen stay off and touching the screen will not help unless you stop the engine and restart with the radio off.I've been in touch with the dealers and they've not come across this problem yet but have told me that there is a new lot of software that has been released lately that should sort it .Anyone else had this little quirk or do i need to cable tie the kids hands behind there backs!
Cheers
Cliff.

Post #20325 17th May 2008 11:48 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Pieces-Cable-Tie...dZViewItem At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #20326 17th May 2008 12:36 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: radio sat nav problem after engine start

Cliff wrote:
Hi All,

Ive got one for you,if the kids switch on the radio while the key fob is out of the slot and then you jump back in start up and drive off does your sat nav screen stay off and touching the screen will not help unless you stop the engine and restart with the radio off.I've been in touch with the dealers and they've not come across this problem yet but have told me that there is a new lot of software that has been released lately that should sort it .Anyone else had this little quirk or do i need to cable tie the kids hands behind there backs!
Cheers
Cliff.

Not quite the same problem but the circumstances sound mightly similar to something going on with my car.

My problem is that the radio screws up after an engine start. Radio works fine on the move but it is has a habit of going off tune after an engine start, Ok its not a Satnav problem but it is definitely linked to the engine start process. I've made countless notes about when and where the problem occurs and passed them on to the service manager only to be given some bullshit about digital radios, come on DAB in a GS model, I wish.

Have lost faith in LR's willingness/ability to rectify the problem. Visits to the stealership are time consuming and inconvenient so I live with the problem, that's not how it should be, but I just don't have the time to follow it up with the stupid Censored (rant over)

So, we have common ground, it is something to do with the start up sequence, keep on at the dealer if you have the time.

Post #20334 17th May 2008 3:21 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I don't have this problem on mine but have noticed that both of you have 200 Fl2 so maybe a softwere update might cure this. Maybe the dealeris not aware of the update existing.
Did these problems start from new? or just sppesred sfter some time? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20335 17th May 2008 3:37 pm
Cliff

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

Thanks for your input CG! Rolling with laughter

The dealers been in touch and the cars going in on the 29th for them to do a bit of tyre kicking!!,
I can't be to harsh as they have been really good so far at solving any little glitches that have popped up.
Cliff

Post #20337 17th May 2008 4:39 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

anything for an easy life Laughing

While washing my car the other day the radio was on with ignition off, this timed out after 20 mins? So I pressed on and the radio lit up but no sound, so turned off and on again, this time it got stuck searching for station, off on again this time it worked...very strange At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #20338 17th May 2008 5:07 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

If sucha problem appearson regular basis can you call LR Assist or they will come only if your car is sort of immobilised? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20339 17th May 2008 5:24 pm
muddywheels

England 

Sounds like an electrical glitch.

I had similer problem with my Disco Metropolis - DVD would not work from time to time and only solution was to stop switch off car and restart engine after a few seconds - bit of a problem on a 3 day drive through Europe on Toll Roads with 3 bored kids Evil or Very Mad

Also on cold mornings sat nav sometimes used to flash black then white and so on - this was also cured by stopping and restarting.

Like computers most problems are cured by restarting - probably because of all the computers on cars now. Rolling Eyes

Never did get sorted - just lived with it.

Post #20342 17th May 2008 6:02 pm
John L

United Kingdom 

I remember when mine went in for its first service back in January, there was a service bulletin outstanding on mine to do a software upgrade on the radio. It worked perfectly alright before and has continued to be ok since, so I haven;t a clue what that was about.

Post #20344 17th May 2008 7:52 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Matei wrote:
I don't have this problem on mine but have noticed that both of you have 200 Fl2 so maybe a softwere update might cure this. Maybe the dealeris not aware of the update existing.
Did these problems start from new? or just sppesred sfter some time?

My problem wasn't from new, it start following a software upgrade back in early 2007. Car was last a dealers just a few weeks ago, was told all software was up to date (that was the visit when I was told my car was fitted with a super sensitive DAB radio !)

Post #20349 18th May 2008 8:06 am
jimbojay

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

I have had a similar problem to this on my 08FL2, occasionaly on start up the sat nav refuses to fully boot up and only displays the LR logo the radio also will not function and can only be sorted by switching off and restarting, this is obviously a right pain when you havent realised and are on the dual carriageway!!!! As it has only been twice i will mention it to my dealer when i next pass that way!!!

CG for your info and without hijacking a thread, the FL2 has now become a proper family car and is doing one more thing that it was intended for!!!! The isofix set up is superb!!! Set low standards and constantly fail to achieve them!!!!!!!!!!!
Sleep Deprivation Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #20418 19th May 2008 11:45 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1