« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Few Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lewis Simmons

New Zealand 
Few Questions

1. Can a TV system be installed in a Freelander 2?

2. Can you change the sunroof shade because by the sounds of it, it isn't very effective.

3. Freelander 2 or VW Tiguan? Thanks,
Lewis

Post #20317 17th May 2008 5:34 am
sievester

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red
Re: Few Questions

Lewis Simmons wrote:
1. Can a TV system be installed in a Freelander 2?

Why do you want to watch TV? Do mean one that fits in the headrests for rear seat passengers?
Lewis Simmons wrote:

2. Can you change the sunroof shade because by the sounds of it, it isn't very effective.

You could get the sun roof glass tinted. Depends what you mean by not effective.
Lewis Simmons wrote:

3. Freelander 2 or VW Tiguan?

What ever fits your needs best. I think though that the FL2 has proven itself as a reliable and capable car. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Post #20318 17th May 2008 5:59 am
Simon_CSK

sievester wrote:
What ever fits your needs best. I think though that the FL2 has proven itself as a reliable and capable car. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter You obviously don't know about my car Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry I still love Land Rovers Bow down

Post #20381 18th May 2008 5:13 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Yes you can install TV equipment, but that's the same with any car. If you want something that will use the navigation screen then you'll need to find an aftermarket module taht will fit into the system (Alpine has said system).

The sunroof tint is privacy glass from the factory and teh shade just adds a bit extra shade, and is good for when the roof is open. I don't feel the need to do anything with it in all honesty....even here where it has been 42-43 over the last week or so.

I think they are two different vehicles.....Do you want a soft-roader as the press (media) loves to call them or a vehicle that geniunely can handle the rough stuff? I find teh LR2 great on and off road with the suspension fantastic for even hard driving on the road and yet comfortable on bad roads and flying down dirt tracks.

Post #20385 18th May 2008 7:46 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Lewis Simmons wrote:
3. Freelander 2 or VW Tiguan?

I would say FL2. Tiguan is a smaller car. You cant really compare them.

FL2 can be compared to BMW X3, as they are the same size and class.
Tiguan should be compared to Toyota RAV-4 and similar cars in that size and class.

What do you need? What do you want? Ask yourself those questions, and testdrive both.

But I am sure FL2 is much better to drive anyway, -and gives a more Premium-feeling while driving.

Report back your descission, -and impressions. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #20422 19th May 2008 1:23 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

I test drove a Tiguan before I bought my FL2.

The VW is very basic inside and doesn't have half the toys the FL2 has.
It also does not feel so high up when you are driving (personally I like this aspect) and also the ground clearance is not amazingly good. The VW also does not have any offroad settings ie hilldescent etc, unless you go for the top of the range model, but I'm not sure if it's switchable like the FL2 is.

The VW is not a bad car but that's what is it really, a car that had 4WD, whereas the FL2 is a serious offroader that drives like a car.

Does that make sense?
No? Goodo. Shocked

Post #20426 19th May 2008 2:09 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

VW used to built very reliable cars but in the latest years they seem just to have lived on their reputation and nowdays their cars are much more unreliable. Over here the Tiguan has allready been recalled for some works at the acceleraton cable. Nothing serious a 2 hour job. They say "additional protection for accelerator cable"
You can also check this http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1701.html...+vs+tiguan
As I did not like the look of the Tuareg and the Tiguan just looked like a eflated Tuareg I did not even consider one. Maybe if it would have been top of the range and half price - so that I could sell it and buy a top FL2 with all the goodies Laughing
Now seriously you might want to check a VW forum .
Nevertheless let us know what you bought Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20433 19th May 2008 3:01 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

The new 2009 Tiguan

http://bitsandpieces.us/2008/04/23/volkswagen/ FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21003 27th May 2008 8:06 am
Rev

Canada 

That is a sweet green colour! Too bad LR doesn't offer that for the LR2! Wink Coming soon: LR2 HSE; Alaska White; Nav; Premium Sound; Bluetooth; Lighting Package

Post #21054 27th May 2008 6:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1