Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 off road video with Disco 3, FFRR, RRS & Defender!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
muddywheels

England 
FL2 off road video with Disco 3, FFRR, RRS & Defender!

This is a good test video Thumbs Up

&feature=related

Post #20280 16th May 2008 1:01 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Well spotted muddywheels, one of the best vid's I've seen.

FL2 keeps up with everything else.

There's a couple of shots of wading in deep water.

Just a reminder for FL2's in water ... the air intake is just behind the leftside headlamp, that should be your measure of how deep you want to go !!!!!!

So sign up for Tong .......

Post #20309 16th May 2008 8:40 pm
DaveS

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Great stuff Thumbs Up SD4 HSE Lux
Yeti 170 DSG L&K
Freelander 1 Td4 Overlander

Past: Freelander Metropolis, D3, D3, D2, Series 3, Series 3, Freelander 1 (still have this one bought new, the Monte Carlo blue kid)

Post #20310 16th May 2008 9:09 pm
freebo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

avtur wrote:
Just a reminder for FL2's in water ... the air intake is just behind the leftside headlamp, that should be your measure of how deep you want to go !!!!!!

Indeed, though my instructon on a recent LRE day said that the official wading depth is set at 500mm because of the possibility of buoyancy Shocked and to be wary of entering deep flowing water.

Post #20323 17th May 2008 9:36 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

freebo wrote:
avtur wrote:

Indeed, though my instructon on a recent LRE day said that the official wading depth is set at 500mm because of the possibility of buoyancy Shocked and to be wary of entering deep flowing water.

For me, unless I know the wadding depth to be under 500 mm and the current not beeing strong I would not try to cross unless I see others doing the same as I would not know what to say to my insurance afterwards,. Off road is not covered over here and if you go to your insurance with something you cannot explain otherwise they won't pay (ind you they always hassle if they have to pay. Warranty would certainly be invalidated and I'll end up with repairs I don't even want to know what the costs would be. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20340 17th May 2008 5:41 pm
muddywheels

England 

Matei wrote:
.......Off road is not covered over here and if you go to your insurance with something you cannot explain otherwise they won't pay (ind you they always hassle if they have to pay. Warranty would certainly be invalidated and I'll end up with repairs I don't even want to know what the costs would be.

Off road not covered on normal Insurance here too. Sad

LR Insurance used to cover off road - not sure if they still do. Confused

Not sure about warranty - but they are sold as off road vehicles Whistle

Post #20341 17th May 2008 5:51 pm
Matei

[quote="muddywheels"]

Matei wrote:
.......Off road is not covered over here and if you go to your insurance with something you cannot explain otherwise they won't pay (ind you they always hassle if they have to pay. Warranty would certainly be invalidated and I'll end up with repairs I don't even want to know what the costs would be.

Off road not covered on normal Insurance here too. Sad

LR Insurance used to cover off road - not sure if they still do. Confused

Not sure about warranty - but they are sold as off road vehicles Whistle[/quote]

I think that the dealer LR will first argue that you took the car through a deeper water than 500 mm as they have their own insurance and than it would be a problem to prove that that speciffically crossing was or was not over 500 m. As this is big money they might refuse coverage and I'll end up sueing which is allways tricky. It wiil all depend if I could proove that the wadding depth was under 500 mm easily as I am requesting reimbursment or warranty cover. It will end up by trying to find out if that particular crossing is monitorisied and if an expert can demostrate if at the wadding croosing time the water level was under or over 500 mm in that particular spot which again is tricky. I work with claims - try to get money from insurance companies/ not cars-ships and know that the bigger the claim the easier for an expert to say exactly what the guy who hires him wants to hear. Betterto be over carefull while wadding FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20343 17th May 2008 6:16 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

muddywheels wrote:

Not sure about warranty - but they are sold as off road vehicles Whistle

Had this conversation with a technician at stealership. He was handing car back to me after fixing a suspension fault. We were having a good chat about the car and he asked 'have you been off road in it?' Well, bearing in mind that its been up to its axles in mud at the bottom of a quarry (amongst other places!) I thought there's no point denying the car goes off road, and the techy knew full well it had been off road, he'd already been under the car and seen the evidence for himself, there are some places you just can't get to with the powerwasher Rolling with laughter

After telling him just what I have done with the car he was quite OK, we agreed it was off an off road car and thats just what I did with it. I take my lead from what I've seen the cars do at LR Experience events. It seems the techies like to see cars that are being used properly. Certainly got the impression that if they were fixing a car that had been off road they would be more sympathetic with warranty claims Thumbs Up

Post #20350 18th May 2008 8:21 am
muddywheels

England 

Matei wrote:
I think that the dealer LR will first argue that you took the car through a deeper water than 500 mm as they have their own insurance and than it would be a problem to prove that that speciffically crossing was or was not over 500 m. As this is big money they might refuse coverage and I'll end up sueing which is allways tricky. It wiil all depend if I could proove that the wadding depth was under 500 mm easily as I am requesting reimbursment or warranty cover. It will end up by trying to find out if that particular crossing is monitorisied and if an expert can demostrate if at the wadding croosing time the water level was under or over 500 mm in that particular spot which again is tricky. I work with claims - try to get money from insurance companies/ not cars-ships and know that the bigger the claim the easier for an expert to say exactly what the guy who hires him wants to hear. Betterto be over carefull while wadding

I take your point on wading depths - goes without saying Thumbs Up

As far as other warranty claims go - considering LR are a brand aimed at Farmers and off road users they would be hard pushed to dismiss warranty claims if you used your vehicle off road - as demonstrated on LR Experience days, etc - excluding obvious off road abuse/damage from rocks, trees, etc.

My local dealer did an off road open day and all vehicles were cleaned and back on the forecourt after the event. Shocked

I dont think publicity from owners using them as they were intended and being refused warranty claims would do the brand much good - they would be admitting the vehicle was inferior.

Post #20359 18th May 2008 11:28 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Definately there would be no issue from LR if the car has been used offroad.

Here the insurance covers offroading, which is just as well given the state of some of the roads!! The rental 4x4's don't have the sticker saying do not use offroad like the UK rental companies puts in their 4x4's.

Post #20362 18th May 2008 12:18 pm
Matei

Gambba wrote:
Definately there would be no issue from LR if the car has been used offroad.

Here the insurance covers offroading, which is just as well given the state of some of the roads!! The rental 4x4's don't have the sticker saying do not use offroad like the UK rental companies puts in their 4x4's.

I would have rather assumed that you had very good roads over there.
It,s just that as I am not too off road experienced I'll hae to be more carefull untill I get the full grip of what the FL2 can do and what would be too much to ask. The problem with wading unknowncrossings is that even if you first have a ook from the bank you cannotexacty appreciate the difficulty of a crossing. Therefore I will have to postpone any waddings that might be too dangerous untill as said I will be mre experienced FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20363 18th May 2008 12:25 pm
Matei

Gambba how did you find the Sand Setting on your TR as you obviously get all the sand in the world? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20364 18th May 2008 12:49 pm
muddywheels

England 

Matei wrote:
.....The problem with wading unknowncrossings is that even if you first have a ook from the bank you cannotexacty appreciate the difficulty of a crossing. Therefore I will have to postpone any waddings that might be too dangerous untill as said I will be mre experienced

I believe the correct method is to walk the crossing and check depth and obstacles before entering the water. Totaly impractical but there you go Shocked

Post #20374 18th May 2008 3:00 pm
Matei

muddywheels wrote:
Matei wrote:
.....The problem with wading unknowncrossings is that even if you first have a ook from the bank you cannotexacty appreciate the difficulty of a crossing. Therefore I will have to postpone any waddings that might be too dangerous untill as said I will be mre experienced

I believe the correct method is to walk the crossing and check depth and obstacles before entering the water. Totaly impractical but there you go Shocked

Yes you are right but than, except the fact that youhave to put on Wellington boots and fisherman trousers to cross the wadding first and than go back unpack the boots and trousers as you don't want muddy the nice interior colors (beige in my case) you must lso be able to estimate howmuch the river bead will let go under the FL2's two tons which I think is not so tricky if gravel but much more difficult if sand and mud. Than you'll have to go on the track you consider the right wheel will take and go back on the left wheel tra Thumbs Up ck. I am not saying that this is supposed to be easy but I think I'll first have to try something more easy. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20375 18th May 2008 3:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1