« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Trade in
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
frawdder

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Trade in

Has anyone used WEX to trade in/part exchange camera equipment? I'm interested in a Fuji x-e1 they have on offer and tried their online trade in quote but it seems a bit low, considering its not cash but a credit note. Not sure if they will then reduce they price when goods are inspected like some well known car purchase websites. Confused

Post #227016 13th Jun 2014 3:08 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

no, i have not myself, but recently got a trade in price from MPD Photographic for my Nikon D3100 (12K shutter count) with and without the 18-55mm lens and i thought both were reasonable

they quote the same price trade in or cash sale too

might be worth comparing

Post #227201 15th Jun 2014 6:38 pm
frawdder

Quick update. The price of the camera kit I was looking at dropped, so thought I would go ahead with the part ex. Called and asked them to reserve till part ex went through. My camera collected Thursday, delivery confirmation Friday and inspected and completed today.

Called this evening to purchase the Fuji kit and got the runaround Mad . In summary they say that they reserved a body only, even though I had him confirm the item and price before reserving. I was passed to sales expecting an apology and to sort something out, only to be told I would not have received the camera if it had been reserved correctly as they did not have the stock to cover existing orders placed. Shocked

On reflection I think I was lied to and fobbed off, as the stories did not tie up. Now I need to wait for part ex to be returned and start over again.

Couldn't recommend this company to anyone. Censored

Post #228242 1st Jul 2014 10:39 pm
MartinP

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Had you thought about selling the old camera on e-bay? E-bay fees are a bit steep, but the silly money that people pay for camera gear on there more than makes up for it. I've sold loads of camera equipment on there without any problems and have sold lenses for more than I paid for them new several years earlier!

Post #228254 2nd Jul 2014 11:09 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

its true, some things go for silly money on eBay, but just bear in mind that eBay always sides with the purchaser in a dispute, so if the person is dodgy and raises something, not only do you lose the item, but the cash as well

try MPD Photographic, or your local camera shop, or if you use facebook, a local selling group Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #228259 2nd Jul 2014 11:56 am
frawdder

Another twist. I wrote a review on Trustpilot last night after checking reviews for Wex because my understanding was they were a good company to deal with. Got a phone call this afternoon from sales and the customer service was as it should have been yesterday. After a short discussion they agreed to source a replacement at the original offer price and have sent it next day delivery. (why can't it be this easy all the time)

Martin- had looked at using e-bay but was going to start with a few small items first to get seller rating up. Will have a couple of m43 lenses to sell now.

npinks - nice guns btw Wink - have got MPB bookmarked but they seem to strip all kits and sell body and lens separate making it a bit more expensive. Good prices on body's but they have very few Fuji lenses at any given time. Was looking to get a quote for part ex from them till the Wex deal come up.

Hopefully all is well with the camera when it arrives as I've not had much luck with cameras lately. Sad

Post #228302 2nd Jul 2014 9:36 pm
MartinP

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Glad to hear WEX sorted it out for you in the end. I've bought thousands of pounds worth of kit from them and always been really impressed with the service.

Post #228303 2nd Jul 2014 10:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1