Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > A WARNING TO US ALL!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ValetecDavid

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black
A WARNING TO US ALL!!!!!

A good friend of mine got up this morning to find that one of his downstairs windows had been taken out in the night.
His wifes phone and the keys to their Range Rover Sport had gone so had the car off the drive.
Bloody thieves in and out and they did not even hear them,police recon that it was stolen to order ,probably out the country already,may have been watching her and followed her home to see where she lived,does not bear thinking about,needless to say the downstairs alarm is set tonight (dont usually remember or bother) and i have blocked the saab and the FL2 in with the van and the van keys are under my pillow LOL
Take care all , keep em peeled David L Wax on Wax off

Post #19630 8th May 2008 12:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gecko

Vatican 

Very disturbing to hear this. Sadly it's not uncommon. Car jacking is also a favourite past time of some micreants here in Belgium. There are numerous reports of people being blocked in while driving and forced out of their cars at gun point whilst the scum drive off ..... don't forget it is only a car and not worth getting killed for so stay sensible if it does happen to you. Sad

Post #19644 8th May 2008 8:57 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I never leave any car keys downstairs when im upstairs asleep - always take them to bed!! Likewise spare keys are extremely well hidden - probably couldnt find them now if I tried!!! Embarassed Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #19646 8th May 2008 9:30 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I bought one of these small safes for smaller valuables, documents and keys:
http://www.thesafeshop.co.uk/products/torino-dt-1p.html
This isn't the version that I have - mine doesn't need to be built into a wall, it can be bolted to the floor or onto a shelf.

It can be fitted inside an airing cupboard or a wardrobe or even a kitchen cupboard! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #19650 8th May 2008 9:46 am
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I know it's a bit extreme, but you may also want to get a gas alarm. My sister had her car keys stolen from a house in the South of France and the police asked if anyone in the house had sore throats in the morning - apparantly, it's very common to pump some sort of gas through the letterbox which ensures everyone stays asleep whilst the burglars do their stuff. Scary thoughts Crying or Very sad

Post #19653 8th May 2008 10:43 am
agogatti

Italy 
Safe

I installed into a wall this little safe hidden behind a fake electrical outlet, applied with magnets.
Visible part can be changed to meet your other plug.

http://nuke.nezisicurezza.it/Default.aspx?tabid=83

Post #19654 8th May 2008 11:06 am
happy days

Switzerland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

The best thing to do is to leave the UK like i did 18 years ago. I could never bring myself and my family back to live there for many reasons. Laughing

Post #19655 8th May 2008 11:58 am
ChrisC

United Kingdom 

Sadly hiding the keys only exaggerates the problem, I was looking at a new TT a while back, and read on a UK forum of an owner who had taken the keys to bed with him, only to be woken one night by a man with a baseball bat demanding them . He sold the car saying it’s only a car, and he was not prepared to put his family at danger for a car. I feel much the same about this, these are professional criminals, who are stealing to order with deadlines, and the closer the deadline the more violent the crime. I personally don’t hide my keys, but I don’t leave them in an obvious place either. If they are prepared to break in to get them, while people are in the house, then they are prepared to use violence, and therefore I take the option it’s only a car, let it go.

Chris.

Post #19661 8th May 2008 2:13 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I agree with Chris,especially as I live in the middle of nowhere so the thieves can be as noisy as they want as they beat me to a pulp Exclamation , just let them take the car if they want it they will get it anyway. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #19664 8th May 2008 3:12 pm
ChrisC

United Kingdom 

CG, where is your shootgun? Thud hang on you can't do that Whistle

Post #19668 8th May 2008 3:35 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

or can I? Laughing .. I would if I had too, but first you have to get the key, then unlock the cabinet, load the gun before you can shoot the b Censored ,all the time hoping his mate doesn't sneak up behind you and turn your own gun on you !
Thats the easy bit though, explaining to the judge would take awhile Whistle .

I bet I'd get free beers in the local pub for a while though if I shot a few scallies Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #19674 8th May 2008 4:36 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

chicken george wrote:
I agree with Chris,especially as I live in the middle of nowhere so the thieves can be as noisy as they want as they beat me to a pulp Exclamation , just let them take the car if they want it they will get it anyway.

You can allways chase them with a tank Rolling with laughter

I also would never try to interfeer with a serious batball armed robber and then spend onth in heathcare.
Not the same but insurance will ussually pay.
After all almost everything they can steal is insured FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19679 8th May 2008 4:59 pm
Rev

Canada 

A couple years ago a neighbour across the street and 5 or so houses down had his truck taken. It was one of two vehicles in the driveway and it was the one closest to the house. They just put the truck in reverse and rammed their way out of the driveway and no one woke up to hear it. I always wondered why the did not take the car behind. Coming soon: LR2 HSE; Alaska White; Nav; Premium Sound; Bluetooth; Lighting Package

Post #19680 8th May 2008 5:44 pm
Matei

Rev wrote:
A couple years ago a neighbour across the street and 5 or so houses down had his truck taken. It was one of two vehicles in the driveway and it was the one closest to the house. They just put the truck in reverse and rammed their way out of the driveway and no one woke up to hear it. I always wondered why the did not take the car behind.

I do not think that we should apply logi to thieves as steeling should not be a logical action. Maybe drugs, alchool or tenage terribilism might apply. No excuse thought. In Romania a couple of weeks ago the ploice caught a ring of car burglars who stole for fun and adrenalin - sad - they had all a very good situation. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19683 8th May 2008 6:11 pm
Matei

Unfortunately the Americans keep this anti theft device only for themselves.

http://www.ugoto.com/video_anti-theft-system.html FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21193 29th May 2008 4:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>