« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > radio fitted on the GS model, cd changer/ipod port
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
vafree2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black
radio fitted on the GS model, cd changer/ipod port

I will be installing an ipod (in the glove box, not on the aux), and the after market connectors that I have found have a cd changer port as a prerequisist. Anyone knows if the basic radio with the GS model has one? I don't even know the brand of that unit (I know that the XS+ models come with an Alpine), and the controls on the steering wheel are not the smartest ones! You cannot even switch memory channels, it scans through instead.

Post #19537 7th May 2008 8:34 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Re: radio fitted on the GS model, cd changer/ipod port

vafree2 wrote:
I will be installing an ipod (in the glove box, not on the aux), and the after market connectors that I have found have a cd changer port as a prerequisist. Anyone knows if the basic radio with the GS model has one? I don't even know the brand of that unit (I know that the XS+ models come with an Alpine), and the controls on the steering wheel are not the smartest ones! You cannot even switch memory channels, it scans through instead.

I have a PTI fitted (don't know if the GS has one) and if the audio unit is on CD if you press the phone commands it goes throug the channels. Found this out by mistake and only did it once some time ago. My SE has the Alpine.
Nevertheless the SE LR sells in Romania is not quite the same as the one sold in the UK - does not have Satnav as standard. Same goes for Romanian sold HSE no SN no sunrfoof as standard FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19538 7th May 2008 8:45 am
vafree2

GS does not have one

Post #19540 7th May 2008 8:50 am
Matei

vafree2 wrote:
GS does not have one

Mine did not have either. I had it installed after I bought it as it seemed very usefull. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19541 7th May 2008 9:07 am
vafree2

Matei, did you install the one that comes from the factory? Cause when I contacted the dealer they cannot do that. would appreciate any info Matei

Post #19559 7th May 2008 10:40 am
Matei

vafree2 wrote:
Matei, did you install the one that comes from the factory? Cause when I contacted the dealer they cannot do that. would appreciate any info Matei

Yes I ordered it at the dealer from where I bought the car. Had to wait three weeks for delivery as they did not have it on stock and went back to them and they fitted it in about 2 hours including their lunch break. Don't know hoe complicated it is or how many worked on it but it should be sort of not too complicated. I assume they open the dashbord (carefully I hope) and they put it somewhere inside. You could do it probably yourself if you are tehnical enough. I prefered them to do it for me as I did not want to have later on warranty questions asked.

As I told you before I do not know what the GS specification is as they do not sell this specification in Romania. It is true that on the lower specifications (E & S) that they sell in Romania they cannot install the PTI. Has to be the premium radio.
So I guess that if you do not have the Alpine they might be right. If you have the Alpine then you surely can install a PTI
Hope this helps FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19562 7th May 2008 11:00 am
vafree2

Thanks Matei, it seems that I dont have the premium audio. Have searched everywhere, not a clue. Help!!!
I cant believe that it comes with such a cheap radio, at the time I bought it there was no option to upgrade just the radio.

Post #19573 7th May 2008 12:56 pm
Matei

Maybe you will find something interesting on these links:

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1057.html...rket+audio

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic523.html?highlight=market+audio

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1183.html?highlight=market+audio FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19581 7th May 2008 1:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1