Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Looks like a new car!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
RobGColl

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Santorini Black
Looks like a new car!

Hi, Just finished giving my Freelander 2 a MY 2013/14 update. New lights, new wheels, rear spoiler, painted mirrors and door handles plus a good clean and polish. It's a MY 2011 TD4 S. We had it from new and was one of the first MY11 facelift cars on the road.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Meguiars Clay kit, Ultimate Compound, then a coat of Gold Class Carnauba Plus...WOW!! Well worth the hard work!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Thanks to wytonpjs for the great post on fitting the headlights it helped a lot.
Just need to do something with the front grill, maybe get it painted black or just the surround, not sure.

How my car looked for the first three years!

Lots of parts ready for fitting Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Time to change the wheels, always thought the 16" wheels looked way too small for the car. They will now make a good set of winter wheels.

Spot lights changed.

New 19" Land Rover dogleg alloys fitted + trial fitting of new headlights

New boot spoiler fitted, next job the back lights.

One light in...

Lights all fitted and working.. Looks exactly like a MY2013 car from the back. Very Happy

Final fit of the Font lights

Love the look of these lights.
DRL comes on when dipped beam is turned off.

You can see more photos of the update in my gallery. MY11 Freelander 2 TD4 S, Santorini Black, Almond Cloth, Full MY 2013 facelift, Factory Privacy Glass, Clear View Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, LR 19" DogLeg Alloys, and lots of other stuff!

Last edited by RobGColl on 14th Oct 2014 7:14 pm. Edited 7 times in total

Post #223267 28th Apr 2014 12:15 am
Murgzilla

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Fuji White

It looks great Thumbs Up

Can I ask where you got the 2013 fog lights from and if they're easy to fit? And which polish you use?

Murgzilla

Post #223274 28th Apr 2014 8:32 am
RobGColl

Thanks Murgzilla,

I used Meguiars, Very good quality product, and is or was 3 for 2 at a well known car and bike accessory shop! After a good wash I First used there Clay kit, which gets rid of bits of tar and road muck and gives the car a nice smooth finish, then a coat of Ultimate Compound, which takes out all the fine scratches and swirls, and finally a couple of coats of Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax, which gives the car a lovely deep colour and shine. Lot of hard work by hand but very satisfying when finished and gives great results. Much easier to clean now too. The fog light surrounds I got from a LR dealer and are about 」25.00 a side. If you've already got spot lights it's easy, you just pull the old black ones out. There is a gap at the top of the spotlight lense where you can use something to prise them out. Then you just push the new one in. MY11 Freelander 2 TD4 S, Santorini Black, Almond Cloth, Full MY 2013 facelift, Factory Privacy Glass, Clear View Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, LR 19" DogLeg Alloys, and lots of other stuff!

Last edited by RobGColl on 28th Apr 2014 2:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #223277 28th Apr 2014 9:10 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

done a excellent job there, shows what a bit of time and effort can achieve Thumbs Up

Post #223279 28th Apr 2014 9:21 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

yes very nice job, well worth the effort !!

Iain

Post #223286 28th Apr 2014 10:23 am
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

An excellent job. Well done that man. Thumbs Up

As a side note, due to recent off-roading in mine and getting hundreds of light scratches across all panels (Baltic Blue metallic), it is going in for a professional mop and paint correction next week. The guy that owns the business swears by 3M and Meguiars products, and if it comes back looking remotely like yours, I shall be a very happy Badger! Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #223293 28th Apr 2014 11:24 am
RobGColl

Just fitted some LR mudflaps and side strips, silver dash trim and LR floor mats.

Click image to enlarge

MY11 Freelander 2 TD4 S, Santorini Black, Almond Cloth, Full MY 2013 facelift, Factory Privacy Glass, Clear View Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, LR 19" DogLeg Alloys, and lots of other stuff!

Last edited by RobGColl on 18th May 2014 12:23 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #223317 28th Apr 2014 3:15 pm
Winslet

United Kingdom 

Great results - the new wheels make a huge difference. You must be really pleased Thumbs Up 2016 BMW X3 30d SE in red
MY2013 SD4 XS Firenze Red, 19" 10 spoke contrast paint wheels, Signature Strips, Grand Black Lacquer trim, Cold Climate Pack - gone!
2007 TD4 S Stornoway Grey - gone!

Post #223340 28th Apr 2014 7:49 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Looks excellent. In my opinion, the only option for the grill is to go for the 2013 grill to finish it off.

But good effort. I did a 2010 facelift on my old car which was a 56 plate. Kept it fresh for a good few years! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #223378 28th Apr 2014 10:36 pm
RobGColl

Hi Mav,

Seen your car around a few times, always looks nice. It's getting hold of the new grill thats the problem! not many on ?bay wouldn't mind keeping the grey centre part of the grill and having a gloss black 2013 surround but having the silver edge grey aswell.. make it look a bit different!

or maybe keep the silver strip! as the photo chopped pic. MY11 Freelander 2 TD4 S, Santorini Black, Almond Cloth, Full MY 2013 facelift, Factory Privacy Glass, Clear View Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, LR 19" DogLeg Alloys, and lots of other stuff!

Post #223391 29th Apr 2014 12:35 am
Mav71

Where abouts in Leicester are you? Have you seen my old grey one around or my black one? Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #223438 29th Apr 2014 2:00 pm
RobGColl

Your Black one. It's quite distinctive with the Evoque wheels and twin exhausts. I work in Leicester and spotted it a couple of times around the Leicester City football ground a month or so back and again around Fosse Park I think. Any ideas where I can get a 2013 grill surround? I noticed you had a go at replacing the grill on your grey one. Was it easy to remove? I know it's welded in place. Do I need to take the bumper off to do it? Don't know why LR didn't make the grill seperate to the bumper! MY11 Freelander 2 TD4 S, Santorini Black, Almond Cloth, Full MY 2013 facelift, Factory Privacy Glass, Clear View Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, LR 19" DogLeg Alloys, and lots of other stuff!

Last edited by RobGColl on 30th Apr 2014 7:51 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #223449 29th Apr 2014 3:14 pm
Arese

Morocco 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Really good job Shocked

Post #223454 29th Apr 2014 3:59 pm
Mav71

RobGColl wrote:
Your Black one. It's quite distinctive with the Evoque wheels and twin exhausts. I work in Leicester and spotted it a couple of times around the Leicester City football ground a month or so back and again around Fosse Park I think. Any ideas where I can get a 2013 grill surround? I noticed you had a go at replacing the grill on your grey one. Was it easy to remove? I know it's welded in place. Do I need to take the bumper off to do it? Don't know why LR didn't make the grill seperate to the bumper!

It is pretty easy to remove and it can be done without removing the bumper, but considering the bumper is easy to remove, the whole job may be easier with the bumper off.

Best thing is to keep an eye on eBay, as damaged bumpers do come up from time to time. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #223626 1st May 2014 8:52 am
RobGColl

Badger1970 wrote:
An excellent job. Well done that man. Thumbs Up

As a side note, due to recent off-roading in mine and getting hundreds of light scratches across all panels (Baltic Blue metallic), it is going in for a professional mop and paint correction next week. The guy that owns the business swears by 3M and Meguiars products, and if it comes back looking remotely like yours, I shall be a very happy Badger!

Just been looking at your gallery Badger1970 and noticed the black Freelander 2 had the front grill painted black! I was thinking of doing the same, have you got any more photos? MY11 Freelander 2 TD4 S, Santorini Black, Almond Cloth, Full MY 2013 facelift, Factory Privacy Glass, Clear View Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, LR 19" DogLeg Alloys, and lots of other stuff!

Post #223675 1st May 2014 5:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>