Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Help I just gone and went and done it!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Old Timer

United Kingdom 
Help I just gone and went and done it!!

Hello All I finally went and done it!
Ordered a TD4 HSE Auto, Stornoway grey with premium pack, 19in wheels and privacy glass. It was a close thing between black and gray. I went in with the intention of buying black but after comparing the two side by side the grey just looked that bit better. I guess it’s such a subjective thing but the grey looked crisper and cleaner somehow.
Anyway its done now and I can’t wait to pick it up in 3 weeks time. Will post some pics then. To escape criticism -- do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Post #19494 6th May 2008 9:52 pm
CY

Scotland 

Congratulations OT, enjoy your new motor Thumbs Up "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #19496 6th May 2008 10:33 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Nice one Old Timer

You'll have the time of your life in it, just in Time for the Tong off road day too Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #19499 6th May 2008 11:03 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Congrats OT Thumbs Up

and good colour choice and know what you mean about the black and grey.

Post #19507 7th May 2008 5:38 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Congratulation OT
Will definitly look nice with privacy glass FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19518 7th May 2008 6:51 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Help I just gone and went and done it!!

Old Timer wrote:
Hello All I finally went and done it!
Ordered a TD4 HSE Auto, Stornoway grey with premium pack, 19in wheels and privacy glass. It was a close thing between black and gray. I went in with the intention of buying black but after comparing the two side by side the grey just looked that bit better. I guess it’s such a subjective thing but the grey looked crisper and cleaner somehow.
Anyway its done now and I can’t wait to pick it up in 3 weeks time. Will post some pics then.

Congratulations on a VERY nice choice - buy the way Stornoway will always look crisper and cleaner than black Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #19522 7th May 2008 6:58 am
Old Timer

United Kingdom 
Problem Free?

Hello guys many thanks for the kind words. I’m sure I’ve done the right thing now, but still can’t help wondering about that colour though……
Anyway after telling everyone at work about my impending delivery, all I’ve had since is “oh no you best buy two cause one will be in the dealers for repair all the time” I know this is nonsense, but how do you find the reliability of yours?
I would be interested to know how many mileage free problems you have had so far? To escape criticism -- do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Post #19569 7th May 2008 12:45 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Re: Problem Free?

Old Timer wrote:
Hello guys many thanks for the kind words. I’m sure I’ve done the right thing now, but still can’t help wondering about that colour though……
Anyway after telling everyone at work about my impending delivery, all I’ve had since is “oh no you best buy two cause one will be in the dealers for repair all the time” I know this is nonsense, but how do you find the reliability of yours?
I would be interested to know how many mileage free problems you have had so far?

You should not be worried. The FL2 is completly different from the FL1. Read here from someone well advised that the FL2 is more trouble free than the D3 or RRS RRV.
I just have 2k and no problems but there are lot of members that have tens of thoused fault free miles.
Tell your work collegues that the "2" in Freelander stands for "twice as good" and not "need two of them"
Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19571 7th May 2008 12:51 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I've never been to the dealers since I test drove the the car I ordered it over the phone,it was delivered to my house, and has not put a foot wrong since, Ok thats only two months but its a great start! I think most people have similar stories of reasonable too great reliability. Dont forget the fl1 was a basically rover parts, the fl2 is ford/volvo with a bit of peugeot

Its the grey one's that seem to get home sick if they don't return to the dealers frequently Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #19574 7th May 2008 12:57 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
I've never been to the dealers since I test drove the the car I ordered it over the phone,it was delivered to my house, and has not put a foot wrong since, Ok thats only two months but its a great start! I think most people have similar stories of reasonable too great reliability. Dont forget the fl1 was a basically rover parts, the fl2 is ford/volvo with a bit of peugeot

Its the grey one's that seem to get home sick if they don't return to the dealers frequently Laughing

We could start a new poll to see what % og Black to Stornoway that have problems Rolling Eyes
I can start with 1 problem free Stornoway Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #19580 7th May 2008 1:15 pm
Old Timer

United Kingdom 

Hold on chaps, I don’t want to start what will become known as the great colour war of 2008 we all come in many shapes sizes and colours so lets all be sympathetic to other peoples choices……but I do like the grey……. To escape criticism -- do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Post #19582 7th May 2008 1:43 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Old Timer wrote:
Hold on chaps, I don’t want to start what will become known as the great colour war of 2008 we all come in many shapes sizes and colours so lets all be sympathetic to other peoples choices……but I do like the grey…….

Don't worry about the great coplour war 2008, the skirmishes have alread started

Chicken Georgey vs the World and his caravan Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #19583 7th May 2008 1:56 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

CG must feel right put out that he couldn't get his John Deare in Black, only Leaf Green and Yellow.................. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #19584 7th May 2008 1:58 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

or am I put out that the fl2 isn't John Deere green and yellow?

Oh and the vaners started the war by making me late to the airport, and a few of you bragged on here about holding up traffic behind your vans... me I'm an innocent victim of a terrible conflict Whistle Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #19593 7th May 2008 3:53 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

No - you are the one who makes the most fuss and hue and cry about them CG Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #19595 7th May 2008 5:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>