« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > What new toy to buy?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
What new toy to buy?

Thinking about buying something for some fun on the weekedns and am in two minds.

A Seadoo RXP-X jetski (bike type) . 0-50mph in 2.9 seconds Twisted Evil

Or a second car to have some fun in, like an M5, M3 (previous models), Z4, Porker Boxster S or something similar. I really love driving and would probably take it on the track on the odd occasion.

Any thoughts? Especially from anyone who's done a bit of jetskiing before, or owned one of the above cars.

Post #19003 30th Apr 2008 1:54 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Been a Jetski'er before, when they used to allow boat on Windermere that could actually be seen to be moving.

I had a Kawasaki 900zxi, fast as F Censored K

I absolutely loved it, did 0-60 in 3 secs from stand still, Twin seater so you (the passenger) could jump off the seat at full throttle and bounce along the water and wind yourself. spins, jumps off other boats wake, take it round corners with you foot trailing in the water like Baywatch actors Embarassed and it wrote my brothers boat off when a friend squeezed the trigger throttle thinking it was a break (which jetskis don't have)

But it did spend £75 a day on fuel, and that was when fuel was cheap.

edit: If used in the sea you have to engine flush with clean fresh water to prolong the engine and impellers lifes, which is a hassle

Can't comment on the M5 or other sporty cars, but i can say a Fiat Punto is good value for £6300 brand new Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #19006 30th Apr 2008 2:03 pm
brian27

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black

i used to have a jetski but i got bored of it quickly so i bought a new sportsbike for only £7000

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #19027 30th Apr 2008 6:18 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

The reason i bought my jetski was that i wanted a moterbike

Thought i would lose the license so bought the jetski instead and lost money instead Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #19030 30th Apr 2008 6:38 pm
brian27

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black

npinks wrote:
The reason i bought my jetski was that i wanted a moterbike

Thought i would lose the license so bought the jetski instead and lost money instead

best 7k i ever spent would recommend it to anyone Thumbs Up 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #19037 30th Apr 2008 7:49 pm
Rapierwit

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Caravan....anyone Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Freelander 2 TD4 HSE
Silver
Xenons
Lot's of mud!!!!

Post #19039 30th Apr 2008 8:25 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Rapierwit wrote:
Caravan....anyone Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Take the van out to sea and sink the Censored . maybe it would float ,all that plastic At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #19042 30th Apr 2008 8:29 pm
Gambba

I'm still not decide yet.......and looks like maybe some more hopuse furniture, a holiday to one of the islands in the Maldives with hut type villas on the beach might take the top spot at the moment, and then to compensate I think I'm going to do a Skydiving course just to get my rush.

Watch this space.

Post #19198 3rd May 2008 9:44 am
chicken george

Gambba wrote:
I'm still not decide yet.......and looks like maybe some more hopuse furniture, a holiday to one of the islands in the Maldives with hut type villas on the beach might take the top spot at the moment, and then to compensate I think I'm going to do a Skydiving course just to get my rush.

Watch this space.

What is Hopuse furniture? does it do 0-60 in 3 seconds or just sit there looking pretty? Maldives sounds cool but I would have thought someone living in Dubia might enjoy a cold weather holiday to chill a little Laughing At work
At home

Post #19201 3rd May 2008 10:29 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Well of course you could flog the Freelander and by an RRS Supercharged, then you could have fun every day of the week instead of just at weekends! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #19205 3rd May 2008 11:06 am
Gambba

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Well of course you could flog the Freelander and by an RRS Supercharged, then you could have fun every day of the week instead of just at weekends!

If only......the Fl2 although i own it, is a company car, and can't sell it until after 3 years. Unfortunately the budget didn't stretch anywhere near far enough for the RRSS. Big Cry

Last edited by Gambba on 4th May 2008 10:39 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #19247 4th May 2008 10:20 am
Gambba

chicken george wrote:
Gambba wrote:

Watch this space.

What is Hopuse furniture? does it do 0-60 in 3 seconds or just sit there looking pretty? Maldives sounds cool but I would have thought someone living in Dubia might enjoy a cold weather holiday to chill a little Laughing

That is house with a hiccup Very Happy

I like winter holidays, but my wife doesn't and all she can think of is a remote island with white sand, turquoise sea and a few palm trees Big Cry

My business travel has meant I've never really been one for holidays, as I simply get fed up with packing and unpacking all the time anyway....but under the thumb I am.

A bike I've thought about for a long time, but like NP feared the loss of my licence, and over here with the driving standards as poor as they are it would be no fun at all, so thought a jetski might be a good alternative.

Post #19248 4th May 2008 10:36 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

you certainly have the weather for a jetski

You sound like your needing a bit of a buzz, From what my brother in law says the skydiving will give you that Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #19258 4th May 2008 2:48 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

How about a time-share holiday home in Baghdad, plenty of excitement and not too far to travel from Dubai Mr. Green How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #19269 4th May 2008 4:59 pm
chicken george

A few of my mates got into fast road bikes and typically things got wilder and faster until one of them had a head on with a car! His bike landed on the passenger seat of the car while he got thrown in the air and 'luckily' landed on a thorn hedge which cushioned his fall and limited his injuries to a broken wrist and lots of bruises. His armoured leathers also greatly helped.
The car driver was also luckily unhurt but the car was written off Exclamation

This is not a reason not to get a bike just to go carefully if you do get one. At work
At home

Post #19271 4th May 2008 5:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>