Home > General > Old Coach Road, Lake District - Temporary Closure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey
Old Coach Road, Lake District - Temporary Closure

Hi

Just to let everyone know that the Old Coach Road in the Late District has temporarily been closed until some repairs can be completed.

There was a little confusion with some people on Disco3 and they hadn't realised, so I thought I'd post this on here to make sure everyone here knows.

Thanks

Rich

Post #18903 29th Apr 2008 1:30 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Only a little confusion! I drove this lane a few years back with a group who were then featured in Land Rover Monthly (June 2004) and it was pretty grim at the south end, but that was the most difficult bit. There was a hole even back then but I think it has been filled in several times by volunteer repair groups from local 4x4 clubs and the Trail Riders Federation of motorcyclist who like to take their bikes offroad.
We also did the Gatescarth Pass which was a controlled access route then and I believe is now closed to all vehicular traffic which is a pity as irt was a very challenging route.

Apart from the "hole" you fell into RM, how did the Freelander cope with it as I considered the Old Coach Road to be a rather gentle day out back in '04. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #18904 29th Apr 2008 2:01 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi

Both the Fl1 and FL2 coped absolutely fine, although it wasn't challenging, I don't thing the traction control work once on the FL2.

The only slight issue was a couple of largeish rocks in the middle of the path that caught the bottom, not sure which bit though, I'm considering the Mantec petrol tank guard, as a precaution though, as it does look quite vunerable.

The only thing I did wrong was that I pulled out my bro by reversing, had I of known that 1st gear was lower than reverse, I'd have turned around, It did make the clutch smell a little.

Other than that a great drive.

Rich

Post #18979 30th Apr 2008 12:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1