« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > LR offroad experience
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
garethh

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
LR offroad experience

Land Rover marketing dept have seen fit to send us another invitation to a free half-day offroad experience. Quite fancy going, as we very much enjoyed the one they gave us last year Wink The website link asks loads of questions about current car/next car etc. If I answer truthfully - i.e. Freelander 2, 12 months old, keep for 2 more years at least - do you think they'll still let us go ? Wink

Last time was at Peckforton Castle in Cheshire, but the guys there highly recommended Bala if going again...

Gareth

Last edited by garethh on 30th Apr 2008 12:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #18897 29th Apr 2008 12:53 pm
tonyjones1968

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Narvik Black

Ring them and upgrade to a full day,learn lots more about offroad in landys.
Ive just got home from an range rover weekend course at gaydon proving ground,(was not alowed to take any pics of test astons) and the gaydon boys get lr2s through the same course as the tdv8 range rover,and the sport,we also got to test the competors around gaydon village but they would not let us drive them offroad,

anyway book your course and have fun!

all the best Tony Thumbs Up

Post #18915 29th Apr 2008 6:03 pm
CY

Scotland 

Just booked in our freebie half day for end of May Very Happy

So long as they've already sent you an invitation, with a reference number on it, then you can put what you want in your profile. "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #18930 29th Apr 2008 10:45 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Re: LR offroad experience

garethh wrote:
Land Rover marketing dept have seen fit to send us another invitation to a free half-day offroad experience. Quite fancy going, as we very much enjoyed the one they gave us last year Wink The website link asks loads of questions about current car/next car etc. If I answer truthfully - i.e. Freelander 2, 12 months old, keep for 2 more years at least - do you think they'll still let us go ? Wink

Last time was at Chelforton (?) Castle in Cheshire, but the guys there highly recommended Bala if going again...

Gareth

Do you think that if I ask them they'll give me one as well?
There is no LR experience site in Romania and I think that the nearest is in Austria bu I will be in Germany for two weeks and there are some sites there. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #18960 30th Apr 2008 8:29 am
garethh

Made some calls this morning. Seems that if I just book the regular FL2 halfday through LR admin, I can then contact LRE direct and they will upgrade me to a full day, in my choice of vehicle, for approx £100-150. Seems ok to me, so going to go for a full day "level 1" in a Defender.

Only pity is that LR won't book events at Bala any more for some reason, so will have to go back to Peckforton again Sad

Post #18982 30th Apr 2008 12:37 pm
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I had my freebie 1/2 day LRE at the Chilterns location just this morning (my wife already paid for me to have the full day on March 31st at Rockingham Castle - which was great!)

Today, they put me in the FL2. Our cars can go just about anywhere - believe me. You just turn the centre control and just use the accelerator/brake (if in an Auto). Thats it. The Disco I used at Rockingham was manual and needed much more thought.

Bearing in mind it was peeing with rain all night and all morning - so the course was a little waterlogged - the FL2 just kep on going up/down/angled/water dips etc etc. HDC is VERY impressive - especialy backwards down a hill.

The off-road capabilities of the FL2 is simply amazing.

Great fun!

(I pestered my dealer for the free LRE Voucher) Chris

Post #19008 30th Apr 2008 2:52 pm
tatters

my experience is that the LRE centre are open to negotiation but LR central are nothing to do with the upgrade, so don't involve them in it at all (obviously apart from booking the 1/2 day as you have done)

Enjoy - we had a brill time & my brother was converted from the "why do you need one of these" to "wow this is awesome I want one too!

Post #19055 30th Apr 2008 11:25 pm
garethh

Quick update - as my original question was, will they give me a second free half-day, the answer is yes. Booked up for June and no problem opting for a Defender instead of a Freelander. Just need to get back onto LRE now to upgrade it to a full-day and ideally at Bala...

G Very Happy

Post #19578 7th May 2008 1:07 pm
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Spent a great half day in a TD4 HSE Auto at Skipton LRE on Saturday. Had previously done a half day at Bala in a FL1 but paid for an upgrade to the LR free invite to a half day of tuition and was worth it. Also allowed me to take 5 year old daughter (which Bala would not) and 14 year old nephew too - they thought driving through water and testing out the various settings on a slippy, sloping hillside was great fun - and so did I!

Was impressed with some of the additional technicalities of the FL2 over the FL1 - quite amazing what DSC does in different conditions and on different settings - Gradient release is clever too. Continue to be amazed by Freelander capabilities.

DT

Post #23182 29th Jun 2008 7:46 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

see you at the next "Tong" day Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23185 29th Jun 2008 8:05 pm
peteoheat

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

How are you folks getting these free LRE days. I asked my dealer when I bought the car and he said they don't get the vouchers any more.

Post #23205 30th Jun 2008 7:54 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

dealer don't do the vouchers anymore they come directly from LR themselves

Try logging into there website and registering, don't tell them you have FL2, just that your looking to change in the very near future to a disco3 or something. (make them feel like your going to spend a little money, and swap to a 4x4)

You might get contact from your dealer asking if your looking at changing, but you might also get the letter inviting you Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23218 30th Jun 2008 9:34 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1