« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > German challenge?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
German challenge?

Had to laugh when I read this week's Autoexpress! They had an article about the new Audi Q5 and stated "these first official pictures will have Land Rover and BMW executives in a sweat". I hardly think so, as it looks just like a typical Audi estate, with a 'melting' rear end Rolling with laughter They say it's aimed at the FL2 and BMW X3 and that entry-level models will start from less than £30K (that's about £8K more than an entry FL2). The FL2's loadspace (boot) at 755 litres has been oft criticised for being too small, though larger than the FL1's, however, the Q5 only has 540 litres - no threat there then.

In the same issue they show the Mercedes GLK (aimed at the above 3 vehicles) though it won't arrive here until at least 2010 in RHD form, and no price is speculated. It looks a bit odd to me, shades of the old Ssangyong Musso in it's styling?

Images can be found at www.autoexpress.co.uk Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #18609 24th Apr 2008 9:13 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: German challenge?

xxtrail wrote:
Had to laugh when I read this week's Autoexpress! They had an article about the new Audi Q5 and stated "these first official pictures will have Land Rover and BMW executives in a sweat". I hardly think so, as it looks just like a typical Audi estate, with a 'melting' rear end Rolling with laughter They say it's aimed at the FL2 and BMW X3 and that entry-level models will start from less than £30K (that's about £8K more than an entry FL2). The FL2's loadspace (boot) at 755 litres has been oft criticised for being too small, though larger than the FL1's, however, the Q5 only has 540 litres - no threat there then.

In the same issue they show the Mercedes GLK (aimed at the above 3 vehicles) though it won't arrive here until at least 2010 in RHD form, and no price is speculated. It looks a bit odd to me, shades of the old Ssangyong Musso in it's styling?

Images can be found at www.autoexpress.co.uk

“these first official pictures will have Land Rover and BMW executives in a sweat".
Yes a sweat from laughing I guess Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Its the same crap talk here in Norway Rolling Eyes Motoring mag journalists writing lots of stupid things about cars they know very little about - if you ask me that is Evil or Very Mad
The Q5 is clearly a crossover (as they call them) and as far as I can see is aimed at being an upmarket drive in the Tiguan, Kuga, Qashqai clan Rolling Eyes Certainty not a vehicle to take off road, which would be a fair and memorable test for these idiot motoring journalists to undertake Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #18611 24th Apr 2008 9:38 am
LEE

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Just to mix things up a bit, I have to say I like it.
I'm sure it won't be as capable as the FL2 off road but the 3.0l TDI would point toward fun on road. Cool The future's bright, the future's........Tambora Flame!!! Thumbs Up

Post #18612 24th Apr 2008 9:56 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Am not impressed at all.
Guess that if you have a powerfull compressor you can inflate it into a Q7 FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #18619 24th Apr 2008 11:16 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

The Q5 looks too much like an X3 or an A3 5 door from the side, an A4 from the front and an A3 from the back...........................
No doubt it will sell by the boatload - even though the Skoda version will be much better value for money when it hits the streets in 2 years time How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #18626 24th Apr 2008 1:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1